PDA

View Full Version : Door lock actuator help needed please

MERCULES
07-30-2014, 05:35 AM
Honestly I tried searching as I know there must be a lot of discussion on this already, but It seems I don't know how to search on this site properly?

Anyways door skin is off on drivers side as 3 power locks work but drivers door does not.

We have tested for power with the switch engaged but no power to the actuator, no signs of broken wires?

No sign of broken rivet or linkage issue, actuator is in place tightly.

Does the switch on the door come apart for cleaning?

Or will a new actuator solve the issue? (no power their so hesitant to buy one)

If so any suggestions on how to change this?

Thanks in advance.

fastblackmerc
07-30-2014, 08:10 AM
Honestly I tried searching as I know there must be a lot of discussion on this already, but It seems I don't know how to search on this site properly?

Anyways door skin is off on drivers side as 3 power locks work but drivers door does not.

We have tested for power with the switch engaged but no power to the actuator, no signs of broken wires?

No sign of broken rivet or linkage issue, actuator is in place tightly.

Does the switch on the door come apart for cleaning?

Or will a new actuator solve the issue? (no power their so hesitant to buy one)

If so any suggestions on how to change this?

Thanks in advance.
Your right.... If there is no power to the actuator a new actuator won't fix it. Need to find out why there is no power. Test another door's actuator. Will check the wiring manual tonight.

MERCULES
07-30-2014, 08:21 AM
Thank-you for your reply,

The three other door locks are working ok, just not sure why we have no power to the drivers door actuator. If you find a diagram it would be very much appreciated.

fastblackmerc
07-30-2014, 08:42 AM
Do you have power at the switch? Power when operating the switch?

MERCULES
07-30-2014, 08:50 AM
(Keep in mind I have basic mechanical knowledge and am probably in over my head now but will soldier on slowly)

I cannot check that until tomorrow morning now, I was assuming yes as the other 3 doors are working fine when I hit the door lock switch.

Can the switch be taken apart and cleaned? or is it sealed

Mike M
07-30-2014, 09:12 AM
If the switch is operating the other 3, it cant be the switch.

It will have power only when you hit the button I assume.

You probably need a actuator. Check a working one to see if you are checking it correctly.

EMAS
07-30-2014, 09:33 AM
The door locks are controlled by the driver's door module. The switch does not directly connect to the actuators. That is so you can do the open only the driver's door with the keyless or remote entry. As mentioned if the switch operates the other doors then it is fine. So if you don't get power at the driver's door actuator then it is the door module.

Jeronimojc
07-30-2014, 10:04 AM
I have a module and other related parts. PM me if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MERCULES
07-30-2014, 11:19 AM
Thank-you for the replies, I am picking up an actuator this afternoon and will try it tomorrow.

RF Overlord
07-30-2014, 12:17 PM
We have tested for power with the switch engaged but no power to the actuator,

If there is no power to the actuator a new actuator won't fix it. Need to find out why there is no power.

So if you don't get power at the driver's door actuator then it is the door module.

So why are you buying an actuator, then?

Chevyguy
07-31-2014, 05:00 AM
It's a bloody knuckle job to swap out the actuator so it's worth the trouble to make sure it's dead. When it dies the actuator usually freezes up solid at least the few that died on me did. You can't lock the door when this happens.