PDA

View Full Version : need stock oil pressure switch part number

88CuttyClassic
07-31-2014, 02:23 PM
I think the parts guy at ford screwed up and ordered the wrong part. I had my dad order it because he gets the discount through his repair shop. My dad calls me and said its coming tmw...$36!!!! That doesnt sound right. Is the PN for the factory oil pressure switch sw-5696? Basically i only need part of it for the autometer swap so i can plug n play. Im thinking this switch shoulda been about $12.

fastblackmerc
07-31-2014, 05:18 PM
I think the parts guy at ford screwed up and ordered the wrong part. I had my dad order it because he gets the discount through his repair shop. My dad calls me and said its coming tmw...$36!!!! That doesnt sound right. Is the PN for the factory oil pressure switch sw-5696? Basically i only need part of it for the autometer swap so i can plug n play. Im thinking this switch shoulda been about $12.

If you are installing a "real" oil pressure gauge the stock sender won't do anything for you. You need the Autometer one. P/N: 2242

88CuttyClassic
07-31-2014, 06:39 PM
No no a member is using the plug on a stock one to mod the aftermarket sending unit so its plug n play . Also doing a faceplate swap so i can retain the stock look

8UWITH6
08-01-2014, 06:49 AM
To my knowledge they stock sender is no longer available and the only replacement is the autometer part listed above. Even if you call Ford they tell you to buy the autometer one. Ran into this last year on a customers Marauder.

fastblackmerc
08-01-2014, 08:49 AM
To my knowledge they stock sender is no longer available and the only replacement is the autometer part listed above. Even if you call Ford they tell you to buy the autometer one. Ran into this last year on a customers Marauder.

But the Autometer sender won't work with the stock gauge, just like the Autometer gauge won't work with the stock sending unit.

fastblackmerc
08-01-2014, 08:51 AM
No no a member is using the plug on a stock one to mod the aftermarket sending unit so its plug n play . Also doing a faceplate swap so i can retain the stock look

The sock OP sender uses a connector, Autometer sender uses a ring terminal on a stud.

fastblackmerc
08-01-2014, 08:58 AM
Autometer sender on the left, OEM on the right

88CuttyClassic
08-01-2014, 10:45 AM
Vegasmarauder did an install years ago where he modded the autometer sender with the connector on the stock switch to make it a clean plug and play. Thats whats what i am working towards. Unless im missing something ,for the stock set up is the op switch/ op sender considered the same part or is there two seperate things?

fastblackmerc
08-01-2014, 11:20 AM
Vegasmarauder did an install years ago where he modded the autometer sender with the connector on the stock switch to make it a clean plug and play. Thats whats what i am working towards. Unless im missing something ,for the stock set up is the op switch/ op sender considered the same part or is there two seperate things?

Why not just splice a wire (solder, heat shrink) with a ring terminal end into the original wire. That's how I did it.

88CuttyClassic
08-01-2014, 03:52 PM
I just didnt wanna cut any factory plugs thats all. Just experience with other cars makes me feel that way. BTW Im interested in some sill plates and a shifter surround. Possibly the interior handle light kit too.

vegasmarauder
08-02-2014, 04:07 AM
88Cutty, I found an extra one I have so you don't have to buy a new one, They are too much $$. PM'd you..