PDA

View Full Version : Fort Adams Newport, RI. Car Show, Oct 5.

NavySeabee
08-24-2014, 02:44 PM
Lets hope for nice weather!

13th Annual
"Fort Adams in the Fall"
at Fort Adams State Park
on the Fort lawn overlooking the water
off Harrison Ave in Newport, RI.

They mention 200 cars in the link. Need to update that, over 500 last year.

http://www.fortadams.org/NewsEvents/ViewArticle/tabid/96/ArticleId/32/Fort-Adams-in-the-Fall-Car-Show.aspx

License2Bill
08-25-2014, 04:04 AM
I'll go if I'm around, but I won't be showing my car this year. Too many dings, scratches and rust spots on it from being an 03 with crummy factory paint.

NavySeabee
08-25-2014, 04:23 AM
Flyer & Class List

Guittard22
08-25-2014, 05:38 AM
I got to beat Pete again for 1st place in the group of marauders lol who's going to challenge me come on mass - boys lol ... Bill I have 03 paint ;)

License2Bill
08-25-2014, 06:13 AM
Chris, I thought your whole car was repainted when the previous owner added the silver stripes?

Guittard22
08-31-2014, 07:34 AM
Chris, I thought your whole car was repainted when the previous owner added the silver stripes?

Yes it was in 2009 I think I recall I was trying to talk to the 1st owner but he is Mia on the site :/

Guittard22
09-11-2014, 10:16 AM
Any members thinking about going ? I got the day off so I will be going to see if I can get back to back 1st place Trophies in my class ... But after seeing Pete's car the other day I think he may have me beat right now !

NavySeabee
09-12-2014, 05:20 PM
We'll meet up somewhere and cruise in Chris.

License2Bill
09-13-2014, 09:51 PM
I'm gonna be in Florida that weekend. Next time guys. Chris no uturns or mashing the gas with the wheel turned for you

NavySeabee
09-14-2014, 04:50 AM
Chris no uturns or mashing the gas with the wheel turned for you

That rear-view mirror scene is etched in my memory! Chris can be thankful he wasn't supercharged that day! :D

Gray Ghost
09-29-2014, 06:59 AM
Looks like Sue and I will have an open weekend.
What if any are the plans?......bgg

Guittard22
09-29-2014, 07:50 AM
Looks like Sue and I will have an open weekend.
What if any are the plans?......bgg

For right now Pete and I will be going for around 8am fills up fast . We shoot to meet down the road so we can drive in together .

Let us know what your thinking and what color mm ? You got ?

NavySeabee
09-29-2014, 03:23 PM
8?? I'd like to see you make it there at 8 Chris! I was thinking of meeting at the DD on Coddington Hwy around 9. Grab a coffee and head to the fort. Bringing a cooler of snacks and drinks, lunch. How's that sound to all?

BTW, Bruce and Sue...meet Chris, Chris...Bruce and Sue. THey have a black.

Hope you all make it!

Mr. Man
09-29-2014, 07:00 PM
You guy need to make this part of a New England Marauders long weekend meet. There's got to be good stuff to do in RI.

NavySeabee
09-30-2014, 04:31 AM
An email I received...

We hope to see you this Sunday, October 5th for Middletown Rotary Club's 13th annual "Fort Adams in the Fall" Car Festival in beautiful Newport, RI. The event will run from 9-2.
Come Hungry - Middletown Rotarians will be serving breakfast and lunch.
And as always, please bring a can good if you can to “Fuel” our car show food drive.
Some Notes about our event history and about the 2014 show are below. Please see the attached document for 2014 vehicle classifications.
For 13 years the Middletown Rotary Club has been honored to host the “Fort Adams in the Fall” Car Festival. This event has steadily grown in size and reputation over the years. Many other things have changed also. Judging has gone from peer review to having volunteer judge teams do the work. We have also expanded from around 40 classes of vehicles to 53 classes and moved a good part of the show inside the fort.
This year there will be 12 judging teams. Our goal is to have the judges give a fair look at the classes and get the results in so we can have Cruisin’ Bruce announce the awards around 1:45 pm. This year we also have permission to use the East gate making it a lot easier for vehicles to depart from the Fort.
As always, it is essential to have a great crew to direct the cars to their assigned parking area. The Middletown Rotary Club owes a sincere debt of gratitude to the U.S. Navy Supply Corps School for providing volunteers for this function. Thank you all for your participation in past shows and thank you in advance for all who will be joining us on Sunday, October 5th.

Gray Ghost
09-30-2014, 05:06 AM
Look forward to seeing you.
Meet you at the DD.....bgg

Guittard22
09-30-2014, 06:13 AM
An email I received...

We hope to see you this Sunday, October 5th for Middletown Rotary Club's 13th annual "Fort Adams in the Fall" Car Festival in beautiful Newport, RI. The event will run from 9-2.
Come Hungry - Middletown Rotarians will be serving breakfast and lunch.
And as always, please bring a can good if you can to “Fuel” our car show food drive.
Some Notes about our event history and about the 2014 show are below. Please see the attached document for 2014 vehicle classifications.
For 13 years the Middletown Rotary Club has been honored to host the “Fort Adams in the Fall” Car Festival. This event has steadily grown in size and reputation over the years. Many other things have changed also. Judging has gone from peer review to having volunteer judge teams do the work. We have also expanded from around 40 classes of vehicles to 53 classes and moved a good part of the show inside the fort.
This year there will be 12 judging teams. Our goal is to have the judges give a fair look at the classes and get the results in so we can have Cruisin’ Bruce announce the awards around 1:45 pm. This year we also have permission to use the East gate making it a lot easier for vehicles to depart from the Fort.
As always, it is essential to have a great crew to direct the cars to their assigned parking area. The Middletown Rotary Club owes a sincere debt of gratitude to the U.S. Navy Supply Corps School for providing volunteers for this function. Thank you all for your participation in past shows and thank you in advance for all who will be joining us on Sunday, October 5th.

Can't open the link , my girl coming with me and she loves DD so we will be on time :)

Look forward to seeing you.
Meet you at the DD.....bgg

Looking forword to meeting another member :beer:

Gray Ghost
10-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Which DD, MapQuest doesn't show one on Coddington Highway?
Shows 3 on Main Street, one on Connell Hway, and one on Broadway in Newport.

Contact number 860.830.2100......bgg

NavySeabee
10-03-2014, 07:14 PM
Sorry, the Hwy changes from Coddington to JT Connell Hwy in that area.

Make a right at the second exit off the Newport Bridge, not the Scenic Newport exit.

199 JT Connell Hwy, Newport, RI 02840

Gray Ghost
10-03-2014, 07:17 PM
See you at 9.....bgg

Comin' in Hot
10-03-2014, 08:30 PM
All depending on the weather, I might make the trip.

Guittard22
10-03-2014, 08:30 PM
I am not feeling good about the show my car is a mess ! I have not had any time to make it clean the way I like it :/

Haggis
10-03-2014, 08:33 PM
I am not feeling good about the show my car is a mess ! I have not had any time to make it clean the way I like it :/

It's a Chrysler don't worry.

NavySeabee
10-03-2014, 08:53 PM
All depending on the weather, I might make the trip.

Sky clears into the morning and Sunday will be brighter. Temperatures will be cool even with the sun, highs in the lower 60s.

Guittard22
10-04-2014, 04:36 AM
Sky clears into the morning and Sunday will be brighter. Temperatures will be cool even with the sun, highs in the lower 60s.

What you packing in the cooler :beer: not show if I am showing my car yet will see how cleaning happens after work today into the late night :mad:

NavySeabee
10-04-2014, 05:29 AM
What you packing in the cooler :beer: not show if I am showing my car yet will see how cleaning happens after work today into the late night :mad:

Run it through a car was in the morning and be there! You can do a final shine on the field. They open at 8 am. That is my plan.

http://www.bluewavecarwash.com/bluewavecarwash/customerportal/customerlogin.aspx

I can throw a few beers in the cooler.

Guittard22
10-04-2014, 11:06 AM
Better make it a 12 pack cuz I am not feeling the shape of my ride right now :/I going to need to use some of your clean sprays ! What time we meeting ? I need time to clean !!!

NavySeabee
10-04-2014, 12:14 PM
Better make it a 12 pack cuz I am not feeling the shape of my ride right now :/I going to need to use some of your clean sprays ! What time we meeting ? I need time to clean !!!

I did the inside and engine a bit today. Just started raining. I'll be at the car wash at 8 and Dunkin at 9 as posted above.

Comin' in Hot
10-04-2014, 02:52 PM
I'm not going to be able to make it, I decided to give my marauder it's yearly oil change and found a stripped drain plug. I'm beyond pissed. I always do all of my own work and last year I ran out of time before MVXI. I drove my car to Pittsburgh for work before I could change the oil. I paid a garage there do it using my oil, filter, and funnel. I asked the guy if he would put it on the lift and let me do it, but he said he couldn't because of liability. I asked him to be extra careful and he stripped the drain plug.... Un****ingbelievable!!!!!!!

The only good thing is at the oil pan threads are fine and I'll get a new plug at the dealership Monday, I've never had luck with universal drain plugs from an auto parts store.

NavySeabee
10-05-2014, 08:57 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/05/fa027b889fa9fa1629cf9a8cfe0e73 f1.jpg

Couldn't ask for a nicer day!

Guittard22
10-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Looks amazing to bad I was having issues with my back tire I think the little rubber part is Clogged or something only could get 5psi in the tire :/ Pete you win anything ?

burt ragio
10-05-2014, 03:56 PM
The Fort Adams car show couldn't have been on a nicer day. The weather was amazing. I felt like a kid in a candy store so many cars. Special builds, crazy custom work from interiors, motors, paint & suspensions. I even saw two nice Marauders owned by Navyseabee & his lovely wife.
We in the Marauder commnity might want to think of paticipating next year.

NavySeabee
10-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Good meeting you Burt Ragio! I almost spit my coffee when I read your post above. Let me unconfuse things a bit... Susan, the wonderful lady you met is Bruce's (Gray Ghost) wife, who had the black Marauder. Bruce was walking the field, you didn't meet him. My lovely wife wasn't at the show, just my DTR. :coolman:

Great day out there!

NavySeabee
10-05-2014, 04:14 PM
We in the Marauder commnity might want to think of paticipating next year.

It is one of my favorite shows. I don't go to many but the location and scenery can't be beat!

NavySeabee
10-05-2014, 04:22 PM
I was having issues with my back tire I think the little rubber part is Clogged or something only could get 5psi in the tire :/ Pete you win anything ?

Next time take it to a gas station instead of trying to inflate it by mouth! Although 5psi isn't too bad orally. :laugh:

Missed you man, there's always next year!

burt ragio
10-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Good meeting you Burt Ragio! I almost spit my coffee when I read your post above. Let me unconfuse things a bit... Susan, the wonderful lady you met is Bruce's (Gray Ghost) wife, who had the black Marauder. Bruce was walking the field, you didn't meet him. My lovely wife wasn't at the show, just my DTR. :coolman:

Great day out there!

Thank you for the clarification on who is who.

Mr. Man
10-05-2014, 08:44 PM
I telling you guys you need to make this show into a long weekend weekend thing. Hampton Inn + other fun RI stuff + car show = fun long weekend New England Marauders regional meet.

MM03MOK
10-05-2014, 09:52 PM
Wish the show wasn't on a Sunday. I have a long-standing morning commitment and I had to beg off last week because of Marauderville. Yes, you had great weather. I love Fort Adams! You even had a cruise ship in the harbour. Newport is a great take-in!!

Guittard22
10-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Pete ... Did you win anything ?