PDA

View Full Version : Windy City marauders Car Show/Meet At Prestige L/M, Skokie IL.

SergntMac
04-17-2004, 03:54 PM
Okay...Who's coming? Steve needs to have a head count for certain important things...Like food! If I see more that ten sign up, there will be a dash plaque for you too.

Come one, come all, every Mercury owner of any year willing to make the drive is welcome here!

All the Windy City Marauders and members of the International Mercury Owners Association are invited to the Marauder Car Show at Prestige Lincoln/Mercury in Skokie, IL. The show is scheduled for Sunday June 13, 2004 from 10:00am to 4:00pm.

Please e-mail me (Steve) at Steve.Harren@PrestigeLincolnMe rcury.com to let me know if you will be attending.

Lunch will be served: sausage and peppers, roasted potatoes, salad and pop.

Directions to Prestige Lincoln/Mercury can be found at http://www.PrestigeLincolnMercury.com (http://www.prestigelincolnmercury.com/).

See you there!

Steve

Ummm...Steve...Bacon double cheeseburger for me, K? It's in our rules...

Zack
04-17-2004, 03:59 PM
Will there be a burnout contest?

SergntMac
04-17-2004, 05:31 PM
What...what do you mean...What the hell is a burnout?

Big Joe P
04-17-2004, 05:53 PM
There were a bunch of kids in high school who were burnouts....

stevengerard
04-17-2004, 10:35 PM
Okay...Who's coming? Steve needs to have a head count for certain important things...Like food!

and for discounted parts like grills, full size spares, spoiler's etc!?!

mad man
04-18-2004, 03:23 AM
and for discounted parts like grills, full size spares, spoiler's etc!?!I am there. :D Steve did you get your spoiler yet.

stevengerard
04-18-2004, 06:07 AM
I am there. :D Steve did you get your spoiler yet.

Yep, just haven't had time to have them install it, when they do I may have them take off the rear deck badge as well. They also need to replace part of the interior trim, and the headliner was delivered loose - so they plan on fixing that. Hopefully I'll get up there this week. How about you, everything done on your car?

mad man
04-18-2004, 12:09 PM
Yep, just haven't had time to have them install it, when they do I may have them take off the rear deck badge as well. They also need to replace part of the interior trim, and the headliner was delivered loose - so they plan on fixing that. Hopefully I'll get up there this week. How about you, everything done on your car?spoiler is still not here yet :mad2:Thay can get black but thay ordered a primered one .

UAW 588
04-19-2004, 05:44 PM
Will there be a burnout contest?

Uh Oh! Time to call Tire Rack. :burnout:

Slowpoke
04-19-2004, 06:04 PM
hopefiully i will be there too - am planning on it!

mad man
04-24-2004, 02:47 AM
Bumping up this thread :)

SergntMac
04-28-2004, 06:27 AM
mad man, don't forget to pump this at the Elgin meet, please? Thanks!

mad man
04-28-2004, 05:25 PM
mad man, don't forget to pump this at the Elgin meet, please? Thanks!Jerry gave me a hand full of his cards to pass out ;)

Lou
05-02-2004, 08:53 AM
I just got my new '04 MM yesterday and it killed me to see it get all
dirty in the rain as I drove it home from the dealer.

Just how does one become a member of the Windy City club?
I'm out west in Downers Grove.

bugsys03
05-02-2004, 09:04 AM
You're in!! Congrats :beer:

mad man
05-02-2004, 03:54 PM
I just got my new '04 MM yesterday and it killed me to see it get all
dirty in the rain as I drove it home from the dealer.

Just how does one become a member of the Windy City club?
I'm out west in Downers Grove.Welcome Lou . like bugysys said your in .Enjoy the car come to the Meet's and see what you can do to these cars .We had 3 super charged beast with us today. :rock:

Lou
05-03-2004, 11:56 AM
After seeing pics of the Elgin meet up I'm looking forward to being at the next one.

chapel1
05-03-2004, 04:09 PM
I'll be there.

jgc61sr2002
05-03-2004, 06:54 PM
Lou - Welcome and congrats on the purchase of your Marauder. :up:

Slowpoke
05-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Slowpoke gives this thread a rightous bump to the top of the list so we can all remember to mark our calendars.

mad man
05-07-2004, 03:42 PM
Slowpoke gives this thread a rightous bump to the top of the list so we can all remember to mark our calendars.Thanks rick .All marauder owners and ford owners are welcome .You motor city boys want to meet up before Indy.Lunch is on the Dealer plus Mercury may have a rep there. :D Also there will be some new marauders for sale.And to check out with out being messed with. :cool4:

mad man
05-14-2004, 04:09 AM
Less than a month to go . Also we are going to have a drop dead 1958 mercury turnpike cruzer among us and yes its black :banana:

ap2003
05-22-2004, 07:47 AM
For the list...

When this was first announced (4/15), I thought I just contacted Steve... I thought I saw a confirmation reply.. .But I can not find it now...

I did not see the signup until today... Anyway.. The signup on this list is "closed"... If anyone asks, I'll be there, too

ap

jrzygrl
05-22-2004, 10:24 AM
I did not respond to this thinking I'd be out of town...trip is cancelled, can I still drop by? :confused:

stevengerard
05-22-2004, 11:39 AM
Whay couldn't you all come by. I think they just want to judge how much food, I rather eat nothing than have a few members feel like they can't come by. Come one come all. If I'm wrong blame it on me.

Slowpoke
05-22-2004, 02:42 PM
Today I met a local owner who has had the car as long as me but never been to a meet - Mike - if you are out there, come on down to this event. He AND his dad each have a MM !!

jrzygrl
05-22-2004, 03:31 PM
Whay couldn't you all come by. I think they just want to judge how much food, I rather eat nothing than have a few members feel like they can't come by. Come one come all. If I'm wrong blame it on me. OK. cool, if I get yelled at by Gary..I'll point him in your direction... :D

mad man
05-22-2004, 04:02 PM
OK. cool, if I get yelled at by Gary..I'll point him in your direction... :DLynn the dealer and myself are hoping for 30 to 40 cars. So please invited every one you want as long as it is a ford of some kind. I have even invited a new gt mustang And 2 older mercurys :up:

UAW 588
05-27-2004, 02:50 PM
Giving this thread another rightous bump to the top again!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope to see everyone at the show. :banana:

mad man
05-27-2004, 03:58 PM
Giving this thread another rightous bump to the top again!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope to see everyone at the show. :banana:
I asked the pres of the impala club to meet with us and talk about racing at Indy . :burnout:

SergntMac
05-27-2004, 04:18 PM
I asked the pres of the impala club to meet with us and talk about racing at Indy . :burnout:
Looking forward to this, thanks, Gary.

mad man
06-01-2004, 04:08 PM
I was at the dealer today my marauder is having trans problem .I was asked how many are coming to the show . From what i have herd 20 to 30 cars was my reply :DThay also have one of each color on display :pimp:

jrzygrl
06-01-2004, 04:12 PM
Doesn't look like I'm gonna' make this one...maybe the next one :(

Zack
06-06-2004, 08:21 PM
Anyone wanna go to breakfast before the show?????

martyo
06-06-2004, 08:25 PM

I hear that Todd is big in breakfast meets. You might want to give him a ring.

Big Joe P
06-06-2004, 09:59 PM
I live about 2 miles from Prestige LM and would meet you guys before or after this event. Maybe Zack can pick up some scones :-)

mad man
06-07-2004, 04:12 AM
Blue Angle restaurant at 5310 N. Milwaukkee. Big parking lot and a very good menu. Only 10 min from the show .And a new police station down the road .No burnouts you 2 :D

fairlane347
06-07-2004, 05:32 AM
I am planning on making this show. :rock:

2003_MM_FYRE49
06-07-2004, 07:11 AM
Blue Angle restaurant at 5301 N. Milwaukkee. Big parking lot and a very good menu. Only 10 min from the show .

Ahh yes the Blue Angel, can't think of a better place. What time do you think breakfast will be because I'm coming off tour at the firehouse?

Zack
06-07-2004, 03:10 PM
Lets get to the restaurant about an hour before show time.
Sound good?

mad man
06-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Sound good?Works for me :up:

Big Joe P
06-07-2004, 08:33 PM
9am at the Blue Angel....... I'm in.

mad man
06-10-2004, 04:17 AM
Bumping up this thread. Are you still coming :up:

Jay Stark
06-10-2004, 05:53 AM
It has been a while but I will be in town this weekend. I am going to try and get there. I will give my neighbor DB a call- with the white Vortec WH/CVPI. Hope to see you all there. Rain or no rain????

jrzygrl
06-10-2004, 06:35 AM
It has been a while but I will be in town this weekend. I am going to try and get there. I will give my neighbor DB a call- with the white Vortec WH/CVPI. Hope to see you all there. Rain or no rain????

Nice to "see" you again Jay, wondered where you've been.

Lou
06-10-2004, 06:57 AM
Bumping up this thread. Are you still coming :up:

I'll be there for my first meeting with the group. I've piled up a whole 1424 miles already!

stevengerard
06-10-2004, 07:13 AM
so folks know where it is and don't have to search the thread.

All the Windy City Marauders and members of the International Mercury Owners Association are invited to the Marauder Car Show at Prestige Lincoln/Mercury in Skokie, IL. The show is scheduled for Sunday June 13, 2004 from 10:00am to 4:00pm.

Lunch will be served: sausage and peppers, roasted potatoes, salad and pop.

Directions to Prestige Lincoln/Mercury can be found at http://www.PrestigeLincolnMercury.com .

UAW 588
06-10-2004, 05:52 PM
Sound good?

Mind if I tag along????????? :beer: I will be coming by myself, no inlaws this time. Seems they have a all day pool tournament, and will not be able to attend the meet.

mad man
06-11-2004, 03:41 AM
Mind if I tag along????????? :beer: I will be coming by myself, no inlaws this time. Seems they have a all day pool tournament, and will not be able to attend the meet.Sure I still need to buy you breakfast for getting me the x plan . I sure hope it don't rain :shake:

UAW 588
06-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Blue Angle restaurant at 5301 N. Milwaukkee. Big parking lot and a very good menu. Only 10 min from the show .And a new police station down the road .No burnouts you 2 :D

I don't mean to seem stupid, but I need directions to the resturant. I tried mapquest and came up empty.

UAW 588
06-12-2004, 09:55 PM
I don't mean to seem stupid, but I need directions to the resturant. I tried mapquest and came up empty.
Never mind I found the directions. Seems the address is 5310 North Milwaukee, not 5301 North Milwaukkee. :bigcry:

mad man
06-13-2004, 03:55 AM
Never mind I found the directions. Seems the address is 5310 North Milwaukee, not 5301 North Milwaukkee. :bigcry:Sorry about that believe me you would have seen it any way.

Slowpoke
06-13-2004, 11:09 AM
Sorry to have left so soon - seems like all I had time for was to install my gas and brake pedal covers; have a soda, then leave.

But by the time you are reading this, my wfe is at a wedding shower for my cousin and I am hot-rodding around Navy Pier with the baby and the stroller.

The location was nice - didn't get a chance to thanks the suits at Prestige for letting us hang out and for the sodas and food. And a special thanks for the MM water bottle!

When is the next neet?

Lou
06-13-2004, 11:42 AM
It was great to meet everyone today. I got some great ideas on what to do with my new 04MM and am hunting for my credit card right now. My thanks to the folks at Prestige for the water bottles and luch.

UAW 588
06-13-2004, 01:31 PM
It was nice to see a few old faces today and some new ones too. As always I had a blast. A shout of thanks goes out to :bows: Mad Man and Prestige L/M, for setting up this meet/show for us today. We even got freebies; free lunch, free Mercury Marauder water bottles, and I even received my very own farmers tan to go with. It was nice that alot of folks showed up with their cars. I especially like the one Marauder that showed up with all the major BLING-BLING on his grille. Hats off to you sir. :eek: Can't wait to see the pics posted.

FudPucker
06-13-2004, 02:05 PM
Jerry gave me a hand full of his cards to pass out ;)
ok....post one PLEASE!! I'm in Elgin and I know a few others in town too that'll be interested in this....IF IT HASN'T PASSED YET!!!

I just happened to look on the board here and see the event in Skokie today. It was 3:55pm when I said to my wife "****! there was a Marauder car meet in Skokie today from 10-4!!!" She smiled, looked at me and said "well....you can still make it!!" :shot:

If something is happening in Elgin, PLEASE let me know. My email is wco@myjet.biz

Thanks guys!

mad man
06-13-2004, 04:33 PM
ok....post one PLEASE!! I'm in Elgin and I know a few others in town too that'll be interested in this....IF IT HASN'T PASSED YET!!!

I just happened to look on the board here and see the event in Skokie today. It was 3:55pm when I said to my wife "****! there was a Marauder car meet in Skokie today from 10-4!!!" She smiled, looked at me and said "well....you can still make it!!" :shot:

If something is happening in Elgin, PLEASE let me know. My email is wco@myjet.biz

Thanks guys!One of your Elgin men has been with us since the start Check the fire house. Glad everyone had a good time and i to want to thank the dealer . Thay want to do it again before summer is over with . I will post it when i here more of it thanks to all who showed up :up:

Bradley G
06-13-2004, 05:13 PM
Sorry guys , By the time My family of 5 got our crapola together (3 teenagers& the wife ) running on one shower, we got just after you guy's left . I was really dissapointed not being able to meet the Windy city guys:bigcry: I talked with Steve for a minute ' he told me a little about the day's events. sounds like it was a great day for MM fans . who's Kenny Browns car was there? CanI get a raincheck on a ride? maybe at Indy or sometime sooner?

UAW 588
06-13-2004, 05:24 PM
I talked with Steve for a minute ' he told me a little about the day's events. sounds like it was a great day for MM fans . who's Kenny Browns car was there?

As matter of fact there was 2 Kenny Browns today. Sargent Mac's and Big Joe P's. And Zack rounded it up with his car equiped with a super charger. :burnout: Sorry you couldn't make it before we disbanded; :depress: it was alot of fun. :up: Mad Man has told us the dealer wants to do another event, so keep you eyes and ears posted for future details. :beer:

Bradley G
06-13-2004, 05:38 PM
As matter of fact there was 2 Kenny Browns today. Sargent Mac's and Big Joe P's. And Zack rounded it up with his car equiped with a super charger. :burnout: Sorry you couldn't make it before we disbanded; :depress: it was alot of fun. :up: Mad Man has told us the dealer wants to do another event, so keep you eyes and ears posted for future details. :beer:I'll do that !! maybe I'll mention to the Wickstrom Ford Lincoln Mercury owners where I work If they would be favorable to a show in Barrington . Would any of you guy's be up for that??:up:

UAW 588
06-13-2004, 05:58 PM
I'll do that !! maybe I'll mention to the Wickstrom Ford Lincoln Mercury owners where I work If they would be favorable to a show in Barrington . Would any of you guy's be up for that??:up:
Go for it. Sounds good to me. :up:

Big Joe P
06-14-2004, 06:39 AM
It was a good meet yesterday. Thanks to Prestige LM for being good hosts. I hope we didn't disrupt the neighborhood too much, lots of burn-outs. I think one of the owners is in traction after the ride he took in Zack's car. How about the 1957 Turnpike Cruiser that was there..... nice car. It was good to see the new marauder sill plates from dynopro on a couple cars, I think I'll have to order a set. And last but not least, thanks to SGT MAC for the scratches in my front fender, between us, this is the last time I'll mention it.....