PDA

View Full Version : Come see my band at MV!

Motorhead350
08-27-2014, 05:16 PM
I just got booked to play a show on Sept 26th. This will NOT conflict with any day plans. We will probably play around 10pm or later. I am not sure.

The location

The Mutiny
2428 N Western Ave
Chicago, IL 60647

My band is called Private Instigators.

Hear us on www.facebook.com/PrivateInstigators

Door time and cost (if any) TBA.

See you all there. First one there get's my drink tickets!

Bigdogjim
08-27-2014, 05:17 PM
If I attend I will be there! (IHOP after that:) )

J-MAN
08-28-2014, 07:39 AM
Wow, another tour so soon? Don't burn yourself out, your not as young as you used to be. :cool3:

Motorhead350
09-14-2014, 03:24 PM
Bump.......

J-MAN
09-15-2014, 12:49 PM
Bumpity bump :pancake:

Motorhead350
09-15-2014, 01:25 PM
Bumpity bump :pancake:

BQur1S7MCGc

You said it.

Motorhead350
09-23-2014, 11:06 AM
Bump........

Motorhead350
09-25-2014, 08:16 PM
Bump........

Motorhead350
09-26-2014, 11:56 AM
See you all tonight

Motorhead350
09-26-2014, 06:28 PM
Come on down! We play around 10.

Mebot
09-26-2014, 06:48 PM
break a leg Dom

Motorhead350
09-26-2014, 07:01 PM
We play at 10!!!!!
Free show!!!

MyBlackBeasts
09-26-2014, 09:15 PM
Break a leg, Dom!

I'd love to see your band but unfortunately I don't have access to suitable transportation for the venue location, my beater p/u's back home. :depress:

Maybe next time! :)

Motorhead350
09-27-2014, 11:26 AM
Thanks to those who came out. I did not break a leg, but I broke a string!

MyBlackBeasts
09-27-2014, 12:42 PM
Thanks to those who came out. I did not break a leg, but I broke a string!

Hoo hoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-MAN
09-28-2014, 04:08 PM
Sorry I missed such an awesome event. :( I was just heading out the door and made the mistake of answering the phone. It was my father that I haven't seen in almost thirty years and he wanted to take me out for ice cream.

Let's hope that everyone who could make it posts up on their experience. No more than three or four pages please.

Motorhead350
09-29-2014, 01:00 AM
Sorry I missed such an awesome event. :( I was just heading out the door and made the mistake of answering the phone. It was my father that I haven't seen in almost thirty years and he wanted to take me out for ice cream.

Let's hope that everyone who could make it posts up on their experience. No more than three or four pages please.

Alright, time for real talk in the most civilized way possible.

I saw you and you saw me. You are exactly the way I imagined. Overweight, old, hair loss and without a woman at your side, at least at the event. Did you approach me? Nope. Did I approach you? I was looking, but could not find you when I was done speaking to Bob. Not to give you a hard time, but to find out why you do it to me. Not that I will change my ways, but to find out why you decide to troll with the intention of making me upset, which you don't. It takes a lot more than one person on a message board to make me upset. Seeing my parents slowly die, seeing friends die, death is what is upsetting. Things you can do nothing about, that's upsetting. Your trolling is not upsetting.

You were alone and I was told you gave a careful inspection for the car show. This tells me you are smart and know what to look for. This probably translates to your life. I assume you own or run a business. If you work for someone, you are not at the bottom of the barrel, but you may have worked your way up out of it. That's good. Or you are in law enforcement, the very people who I believe can judge a person upon first impression faster than anyone else. You can be a good person when you want to be and are probably a really good guy and quite funny when you actually are fully comfortable around people you have known for a long time.

Perhaps I remind you of someone. You know how to ruffle their feathers and where to hit to hurt that person. Maybe you were into music at one time or another, maybe even played something. There has to be something, because the only punching bag on here for you is me, but you do not bother me. If anything, seeing your posts reminds me there are people out there that are all bark and no bite. I was there, you were there and you disappeared. Only to return on-line to continue on your childish behavior. Which means, you probably had a bad childhood or a rough up bringing. A-holes aren't born that way, they develop overtime. You probably have it packed down so tight off the board, that there is a lot you want to say to others, that you do not say. I am the only one you can say it to because you know I will not come back to bite you. I do not go out of my way to make people look bad, I let them do that to themselves and move on.

If you really did go see your father after 30 years, I am glad to hear that. See him while you can, but I highly doubt any truth in your post.

I would like to get along with you and share some laughs sometime, but as of right now that is not in your agenda. Let me know when you are ready, I am up for the Pepsi Challenge.

Marauder owners are few and far between, there is no reason for any beef within this dying breed.

fastblackmerc
09-29-2014, 04:45 AM
Alright, time for real talk in the most civilized way possible.

I saw you and you saw me. You are exactly the way I imagined. Overweight, old, hair loss and without a woman at your side, at least at the event. Did you approach me? Nope. Did I approach you? I was looking, but could not find you when I was done speaking to Bob. Not to give you a hard time, but to find out why you do it to me. Not that I will change my ways, but to find out why you decide to troll with the intention of making me upset, which you don't. It takes a lot more than one person on a message board to make me upset. Seeing my parents slowly die, seeing friends die, death is what is upsetting. Things you can do nothing about, that's upsetting. Your trolling is not upsetting.

You were alone and I was told you gave a careful inspection for the car show. This tells me you are smart and know what to look for. This probably translates to your life. I assume you own or run a business. If you work for someone, you are not at the bottom of the barrel, but you may have worked your way up out of it. That's good. Or you are in law enforcement, the very people who I believe can judge a person upon first impression faster than anyone else. You can be a good person when you want to be and are probably a really good guy and quite funny when you actually are fully comfortable around people you have known for a long time.

Perhaps I remind you of someone. You know how to ruffle their feathers and where to hit to hurt that person. Maybe you were into music at one time or another, maybe even played something. There has to be something, because the only punching bag on here for you is me, but you do not bother me. If anything, seeing your posts reminds me there are people out there that are all bark and no bite. I was there, you were there and you disappeared. Only to return on-line to continue on your childish behavior. Which means, you probably had a bad childhood or a rough up bringing. A-holes aren't born that way, they develop overtime. You probably have it packed down so tight off the board, that there is a lot you want to say to others, that you do not say. I am the only one you can say it to because you know I will not come back to bite you. I do not go out of my way to make people look bad, I let them do that to themselves and move on.

If you really did go see your father after 30 years, I am glad to hear that. See him while you can, but I highly doubt any truth in your post.

I would like to get along with you and share some laughs sometime, but as of right now that is not in your agenda. Let me know when you are ready, I am up for the Pepsi Challenge.

Marauder owners are few and far between, there is no reason for any beef within this dying breed.

Dom really????

Doggin a guy for wanting to see his father after 30 years instead of watching your band!!!

Ken
09-29-2014, 06:43 AM
Dom really????

Doggin a guy for wanting to see his father after 30 years instead of watching your band!!!You know that that wasn't the point!

Why do we have a few members that get off on harassing a fellow member with the keyboard, but don't have the balls to say it to his face? Surprisingly, the harassers are old enough to be his father. Get a life already! Why do the moderators allow this?

BTW, They put on a good show, and I parked the car right in front of the front door, the bouncer was a big fan of the Marauder.

J-MAN
09-29-2014, 07:32 AM
I guess I'm just stubborn. Unlike others, I refuse to give up on Scatterbrain350. I am hoping that the day will come when he actually moves his life priorities into the real world. He's not a kid anymore and the clock is ticking. As I found out from speaking and listening to others at MVXII his plan B is nothing more than more of plan A.

When I worked in the shops, I'd be given helpers to work with and train to build tooling for the automotive industry. I was hard on them, but none regretted working with me and all, with few exceptions, went on to become journeymen in their trade, a few ended up in management or starting their own shops. All remain friends to this day.

When it came time for my Sons to go to college the money was there thanks to the lessons I learned from my parents and the mentors who helped to educate and shape me into what many called a success. My eldest achieved his masters degree in computer sciences while the youngest went on to become the CAD manager in his shop. I don't have to worry about their future, a great burden of many parents.

As for SB 350, I doubt that I will change the way I post and will hope that some day soon the light bulb will go on and he will at least seek out a mentor to guide him in his life.

Have a nice day everyone!

MVXII was a great event! :lovies: Thanks to all who made it happen.

MM2004
09-29-2014, 08:41 AM
I guess I'm just stubborn. Unlike others, I refuse to give up on Scatterbrain350. I am hoping that the day will come when he actually moves his life priorities into the real world. He's not a kid anymore and the clock is ticking. As I found out from speaking and listening to others at MVXII his plan B is nothing more than more of plan A.

When I worked in the shops, I'd be given helpers to work with and train to build tooling for the automotive industry. I was hard on them, but none regretted working with me and all, with few exceptions, went on to become journeymen in their trade, a few ended up in management or starting their own shops. All remain friends to this day.

When it came time for my Sons to go to college the money was there thanks to the lessons I learned from my parents and the mentors who helped to educate and shape me into what many called a success. My eldest achieved his masters degree in computer sciences while the youngest went on to become the CAD manager in his shop. I don't have to worry about their future, a great burden of many parents.

As for SB 350, I doubt that I will change the way I post and will hope that some day soon the light bulb will go on and he will at least seek out a mentor to guide him in his life.

Have a nice day everyone!

MVXII was a great event! :lovies: Thanks to all who made it happen.

Well, if Dom isn't interested in a Mentor, your attempts at being one are futile.

I didn't realize you being on his ass all this time was to try and "shape" him into someone he wishes not to be at this time.

Ironic that you express a concern for him, yet call him "Scatterbrain 350"?

Motorhead350
09-29-2014, 01:57 PM
This is getting a bit personal, but I do not care. Hopefully this makes you feel better.

I attended college for 6 years in 3 different locations including Notre Dame. I moved out of my parents house at 18 because I could not stand my mother FYI. I changed my major 4 times because I did not know what I wanted to do with my life when I was a teenager. Finally, I got back home to Chicago and made up my mind. I changed my major to Music Business and learned how it works. I had an opportunity to work an Internship in Los Angeles and told the school about it. The school would not count the internship towards school credit because it was not 6-8 weeks long. I said screw it, I am in my 20s, it took a lot of phone calls to make it happen and it was with working with major people in the industry. I packed up the Marauder and attempted to drive to L.A.. The car broke down in Tulsa, OK after screwing around at a Waffle House and breaking the idoler pulley for the Procharger kit. I ditched the car and rented a Chevrolet HHR and headed west.

When I returned home it changed my life. 16 hours straight of nothing, but music, we got job offers to work with Van Halen the first day we were there, we got good money (for guys like us at least) and suddenly life had a purpose.

1. A grammy winning producer wanted to record us.
2. I could actually get along with established people in a civilized manner.
3. We were invited back and spend 10 days in the U.K. while working.
4. At one point I was pulled a side and told to STFU (shocking right?) because I knew more music trivia than the higher ups.

I only need one more semester before I have a degree. Anytime I feel like throwing in the towel and going back to school, I can. I will not need to go to school for 4 years, it would be 3 months due to all of the past college credits I have.

Age is ticking, that is for sure. You must make the most of your 20s. I have managed to live clean, not have any kids and work jobs that have no problem with me disappearing for weeks at a time for huge opportunities. It's a very difficult balance, but even a fool like me can manage.

As for plan B here are a few thoughts... Lawyer, Therapist, Pediatrician, Stock Broker... believe me I thought about it, but I would not care to live in this world doing something else.

I do have someone I go to every few months who is a high official in politics. (i have zero interest in politics, but having someone to speak to who is established and self made, is important) I tell him what I am up to and make sure he thinks I am doing everything the right way. Before he knew the whole story, he had the same mid set as John (aka J-man) but after I tell him all I am up to, what I am doing now, what's next, who wants to work with me next, he always says "This is great, I wish I did something like this in my 20's." The man is self made, very wealthy and gives ZERO financial support to me. Sometimes, I all I need to someone to speak to because I live in fear. Fear of not knowing if every decision I make is a good one. If someone self made says "I am glad to hear this. This is what you need to do." I must be doing something right. If the person did not care, I would not be allowed back in his office.

Right now, the next few months consist of hitting the road for a 3rd tour in our van with a major act, setting up a 4th tour and funding a major music booker for spring time. It's giving everything we have. Even if well financed by a rich parent or a label, this is what you are supposed to do. If you have any advice on this business feel free to speak up.

I have ZERO interest in the life you have chosen, but I do not have a problem with it. When you are concerned about others, you will never be happy. I learned that a few years back, maybe it's time you learned. If it doesn't effect you, you do not need to be concerned. I think The Weather Chanel was invented for people like that, the weather is the only news that CONSTANTLY effects everyone.

Finally, I guess the ignore list will finally go into usage, unless this behavior stops. I do not see that happening, but being wrong is nice sometimes.

massacre
09-29-2014, 03:56 PM
Dom I would like to meet you in person someday.
I know we would get along way better in person than we have online.
Hopefully your band will play in New England soon.

Bigdogjim
09-29-2014, 04:30 PM
work job that have no problem with me disappearing for weeks at a time for huge fun rides

I got you beat there they pay me to disappear:lol:

whitey
09-29-2014, 05:05 PM
Jman, just because someone isnt following your lead doesn't make them wrong. Let people be themselves.....without people like dom there would be no music. I dont know a lot about music, but i do know that becoming 'big time' doesn't happen overnight. A lot of hard work, dedication, defication in fast food joints, and some luck will get you there. Can you imagine a world without pantera, manson, ace of bass, conway twitty?

Thanks dom for rocking out!

massacre
09-29-2014, 06:09 PM
I can see both sides here, i'm just going to leave it at that.

a_d_a_m
09-29-2014, 06:27 PM
I've been known to call Dom out for some of his less brainy moments (and he knows I'd say the same things to his face, I hope).

But this was simply a thread inviting people to come see his band if they were without plans during MV. There was no point in belittling him, or the event. It wasn't constructive, it didn't accomplish anything at all.

And believe it or not, there are some of us who happen to like the type of music Dom plays (hell, I play in a rowdy rock 'n' roll band myself) and would have liked to have seen it.

lji372
09-29-2014, 06:28 PM
I can see both sides here, i'm just going to leave it at that.

^^^^this

One is giving giving fatherly advice- the other is rejecting it and wants to pave his own way.

Tune in tomorrow to a new episode of "As the world turns"

J-MAN
09-29-2014, 06:31 PM
My hat is off to you! Six years of college! I only know two other people that can clam that as an accomplishment, of course Dr. is at the beginning of their name. Best of luck on your three night tour with the misfires. Who is opening for their other 47 gigs.

massacre
09-29-2014, 06:35 PM
I've been known to call Dom out for some of his less brainy moments (and he knows I'd say the same things to his face, I hope).

But this was simply a thread inviting people to come see his band if they were without plans during MV. There was no point in belittling him, or the event. It wasn't constructive, it didn't accomplish anything at all.

And believe it or not, there are some of us who happen to like the type of music Dom plays (hell, I play in a rowdy rock 'n' roll band myself) and would have liked to have seen it.

Dude you dissed AC/DC :shake:

Then if that isn't enough, think about just how ****ing ironic that is for a second.

J-MAN
09-29-2014, 06:36 PM
Well, if Dom isn't interested in a Mentor, your attempts at being one are futile.

I didn't realize you being on his ass all this time was to try and "shape" him into someone he wishes not to be at this time.

Ironic that you express a concern for him, yet call him "Scatterbrain 350"?

You may be correct. By the way, do you have a spare COT?

massacre
09-29-2014, 06:42 PM

Ouch :flamer:

a_d_a_m
09-29-2014, 07:17 PM
Dude you dissed AC/DC :shake:

Ahem...

Hope Malcolm's okay, but they should've hung it up a long time ago. They haven't had a relevant album in decades.
I get that you don't like me, and I ain't losing sleep...but that hardly constitutes a 'diss'. It's the opinion of someone who's actually a big fan of AC/DC. I will always feel that Stiff Upper Lip and Black Ice were completely terrible albums, and that Ballbreaker was mediocre at best. They were phoning it in. Opinion, not diss. The Razors Edge (released in '90) was great.

As far as the rest of your comment, ****ing hilarious dude.

Motorhead350
09-29-2014, 07:26 PM
What a pretty picture this is turned into.

1. Doctors do not change their major.

2. I do not need a father figure. I have a father that's still living. If you wanted to do anything helpful, input on threads about the van would be good.

3. You have brought up completely irrelevant topics to a MOD. You will get a very livid warning, vacation or worse. There will be no positive impact.

4. You also seem like an angry person who wishes everyone else was like them. Reminds me of someone I used to speak to on here.

5. It is truly, you who needs help. If you keep this anger in you and only let it escape on a keyboard, this will not be good for your blood pressure and judging by the amount of pressure your shoes and belt are under, you need to take better care of yourself, but at your age, you are already at the point of no return.

6. Locals are opening up for the rest of the tour, with the exception of the Midwest. Juicehead is opening for 5 dates and they are on a label. I am not. To pull off touring with a major act without a label, is something that usually only happens with a "buy-on" tour. I did not buy onto anything. This comes from lot's of work, sleepless nights and a lot that I cannot remember.

7. When is the last time you toured with a band? Sold CD's to people you impressed at a show? Had to turn away girls because of having a wife? Who exactly are you to judge?

I know nothing about machine shops at all, but I know some on here do. They are the only ones that can tell you what you are doing wrong, if anything, and how to do things better. Until you run a band, write songs.... it doesn't matter. If it's not done in a working class way, it's wrong to you.

Go dictate your own and for your own good, get in better health, physically and mentally.

Bigdogjim
09-29-2014, 08:32 PM
Hey lets all go to IHOP for some food:)

massacre
09-29-2014, 11:06 PM
Ahem...

I get that you don't like me, and I ain't losing sleep...but that hardly constitutes a 'diss'. It's the opinion of someone who's actually a big fan of AC/DC. I will always feel that Stiff Upper Lip and Black Ice were completely terrible albums, and that Ballbreaker was mediocre at best. They were phoning it in. Opinion, not diss. The Razors Edge (released in '90) was great.

As far as the rest of your comment, ****ing hilarious dude.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/QIBV/backpedal/image.png?w=400&c=1

Whatever you say man, I know CVN members are never wrong. ;)

J-MAN
09-30-2014, 01:59 AM
Hey lets all go to IHOP for some food:)

:pancake:

All's well that ends swell! :D

a_d_a_m
09-30-2014, 08:36 AM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/QIBV/backpedal/image.png?w=400&c=1

Whatever you say man, I know CVN members are never wrong. ;)

How did I backpedal, exactly?
Oh wait, I didn't.

ChiTownMaraud3r
09-30-2014, 08:55 AM

:eek:. Shots fired. :uzi:

Dom just do what you gotta do, who cares what anyone else thinks. Going to school doesn't guarantee you a successful, prosperous future now a days anyways. Just ask the millions of grads who are working fast food and retail to pay off their ridiculous student loans who are unable to find a career job.

massacre
09-30-2014, 09:26 AM
How did I backpedal, exactly?
Oh wait, I didn't.

Apparently your "opinion" of the definition of backpedaling is different than mine.
And I'm OK with that.

MM03MOK
09-30-2014, 09:43 AM
Just stop it!! So juvenile!! Dom's concert is over. Take your insults and inuendos elsewhere.

This thread is closed.