PDA

View Full Version : OK, where are we on the 24th?

rumble
04-18-2004, 06:57 AM
OK, Maury, Dan, Dean, John, Tom, Logan and all you other 32 other valve drivers, are we all set for the 24th at Chucks in Grapevine? The winter is
now long over and I am finally crawling out of my cave to greet the spring.
I'm looking forward to seeing Logans Trilogy, Deans Silver Streak and Tom
and Dans latest mods and meeting all the recent MM owners. Mrs. Rumble wants to see those two new rings and offer congrats to Colleen and Gayla.
I haven't heard a single Maury story all winter so my ears are rested and eager.

Maury, as you are our club emeritus in charge of these things, thanks in advance for your efforts. What time will we gather and can you post the
Directions again.

Racerx88
04-18-2004, 09:14 AM
LadyX and I will be there on the 24th.
Wish some of you guys had made the Chuck's Cruise up in Plano last night. I won 2nd place in the "00's Car" class. On the other hand maybe it's good none of you were there.........I'd of had WAY too much competition!

See ya'll on the 24th.......

cruzer
04-18-2004, 08:15 PM
Rumble and Dean, thanks for the reminder--I agree with you---it has been too long since we all got together--I hope most of the Dallas folks will join us--Logan, Sam Wolfe, Dr. John, Scott, phil, autolisle, David B, dallascv and the Western group, 2003MIB, Scott, mungce, golfnut, and all the others I missed. We had 12 MMs at the last meet--maybe we could beat that. The SVT group is really enthusiastic about our participation---don't disappoint them. I have invited the Cougar group and hope to see them too.
Now, the official times are 5 PM-8 PM-to get parking spaces, I'll try to be there at or before 4--I'll try to block off 12 or more spaces along the fence facing Hwy 26.
Chucks is located on the Southwest corner of the Target parking lot and will be blocked off--they will move the barriers for you when you ask them. The shopping center is located at the intersection of Hwy 114 and Hwy 26 ( Grapevine Hwy) on the North side of Hwy 114 (Across from Grapevine Baylor Hosp.) Driving North on Hwy 26, take the first entry after the access road--we will be parked to your left, hopefully, first row. There is a $10 registration fee--free soda at Chuck's, door prizes, 50/50 drawing and awards, including a Marauder Class--be sure to register in that category--not '00+.
The group is very friendly and I have had a great time each time I attended----soooo, Ya'll come !!!! :beer: :rock: :cool: :D Maury

Disregard parking instructions--park in area marked "Target Parking Lot"

Rollin'Thunder
04-18-2004, 08:33 PM
Maury, Kay and I will see you there! Are you going to be able to talk Ginny into coming? I'll bet she would enjoy it. Bill :banana2:

2003 MIB
04-19-2004, 04:31 AM
Coli and I I will be there. Looking forward to seeing all y'all!!!

Logan
04-19-2004, 07:05 AM
Naturally, I'll be there.

2003 MIB
04-19-2004, 07:12 AM
Naturally, I'll be there.

That's good news!- After reading the "open letter", I thought you might be taking a break from the whole group (good and bad). It'll be good to see you. :up:

Logan
04-19-2004, 11:33 AM
No, I actually LIKE hanging out with Marauder buddies, it's just that 1% who flap their gums at me making like I'm the devil incarnate because I having increased their upload space in a timely manner... Sigh..

cruzer
04-19-2004, 12:58 PM
Logan, really looking forward to seeing you in G'vine--let's all let our hair down and have a ball :rock: :rock: :beer: :banana: Maury

MYSTA KANG
04-19-2004, 10:20 PM
Fellas me, debbie and the kids will be there. I cant wait to see everyones ride lined up. What a site that will be!

RVT04
04-20-2004, 06:18 PM
Logan, really looking forward to seeing you in G'vine--let's all let our hair down and have a ball :rock: :rock: :beer: :banana: Maury
we be there in tune and on time
thats a ditto on the marauder buddy thing logan; over all a very nice group of gearheads
:banana:

cruzer
04-20-2004, 08:08 PM
I have 10 commitments so far--I need to know by Thurs how many we have so I can scope out a suitable parking area--hope to be along West fence--EVERYBODY stop by for a few minutes , even if you can't stay--I would like a big count of Marauders to get the season started. :up: :up: Maury

Petrograde
04-20-2004, 08:10 PM
90% probabilty of attending.

Johnman
04-20-2004, 08:10 PM
I'm gonna try to be there. I've got to be in Tyler on Sunday, but if the weather looks good, we can fly on Sun. morning rather than drive down Sat. It's been a while since I've seen everybody! I'm looking forward to it-pray for good weather all weekend! :banana: :banana:

cruzer
04-20-2004, 08:12 PM
LadyX and I will be there on the 24th.
Wish some of you guys had made the Chuck's Cruise up in Plano last night. I won 2nd place in the "00's Car" class. On the other hand maybe it's good none of you were there.........I'd of had WAY too much competition!

See ya'll on the 24th.......
Dean, where is this Chuck's located and who is the sponsoring group and what week-end ???? We should spread the joy--a different Chuck's each week---how does that sound ???? Maury

jfclancy
04-21-2004, 07:01 AM

^^^^^
Well in my case 75 % chance of bieng there at least for a while.

Joe Clancy :beer: :beer: :beer:

Racerx88
04-21-2004, 07:08 AM
Dean, where is this Chuck's located and who is the sponsoring group and what week-end ???? We should spread the joy--a different Chuck's each week---how does that sound ???? Maury
It's the same one we all met at the first time we got together last year. Third Saturday of the month thru October, Chuck's at Hwy. 121 and Preston, S.E. corner. Sponsored by the Lone Star Performance Buick Club. More info at http://www.lspbc.org

2003 MIB
04-21-2004, 12:56 PM

I hope so, Tom!!! We haven't seen you since the move...

Redster
04-21-2004, 03:39 PM
I plan to be there.

cruzer
04-22-2004, 08:08 PM
I just got thru talking to the show coordinator for the SVT group--they will be there regardless of the weather--per contract with Chuck's. Hail is the only thing that cancels. She is reserving 12-15 slots for us --I will meet with them aroud 3 PM to get the scoop--there is construction supplies and equipment in our usual parking spaces along the fence :down: ---just look for my car and the spaces will be there. As of 1 hour ago, the hourly forcast for Saturday shows t-storms all day :bigcry: :bigcry: --watch the radar and make your decision--even if it rains , we can enjoy a burger & shake and visit :up: My cell phone # is 817-296-3819---give me a call Sat. about 3:30.
Keep your fingers crossed :rock: Maury

cruzer
04-23-2004, 07:32 PM
Well, I'm sitting here waiting for that line just west of here to hit. Hope the t-storms tomorrow are not severe. I'll be there if there is no hail. By the way, if you don't mind getting your car wet, I have access to covered parking for about 20 cars very close to Chuck's, in case of unexpected hail or worse. :lol: I'm just gonna go have a burger and shake and see what happens. Keep positive thoughts :rock: :rock: Give me a call tomorrow, Maury

Petrograde
04-23-2004, 07:46 PM
well, hopefully the rain should be gone by 3 pm. Figures, first time I'm gonna make an event in months,.. and the weather doesn't cooperate. :(

I'll be there come hell or high water! well,... maybe not high water! LOL ...or hail.

Tom

cruzer
04-24-2004, 10:17 AM
Well, I'm sitting here waiting for that line just west of here to hit. Hope the t-storms tomorrow are not severe. I'll be there if there is no hail. By the way, if you don't mind getting your car wet, I have access to covered parking for about 20 cars very close to Chuck's, in case of unexpected hail or worse. :lol: I'm just gonna go have a burger and shake and see what happens. Keep positive thoughts :rock: :rock: Give me a call tomorrow, Maury
Looks like all the bad weather is moving to our east---have had no electric since 9 AM--would have gotten this out sooner--I think we can proceed as planned---a few rain drops shpuldn't discourage anyone--let's just come and have fun :up: :up: :beer: :banana: Maury

Logan
04-24-2004, 02:47 PM
I'm leavin the house as we speak! See y'all there!!