PDA

View Full Version : Marauder interior into a Vic

TP Derrick D
09-05-2014, 09:08 PM
I still have my interior from my totaled Marauder and a guy I know bought a really clean(no spotlight, no push bar holes, no holes in dash) former detective Crown Vic. He knows I have the Marauder interior and wants to buy it but I think I read on here somewhere that the seats aren't a direct bolt in/plug & play. I did a search but couldn't find it) I don't want to sell him the things that won't work or at least won't work without a big headache. He works on my house A/C and I don't want him to feel I ripped him off by selling it to him knowing its a headache trying to get everything to work. The Vic has those basic cop car buckets.

a_d_a_m
09-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Serge had Marauder seats in his aero Marquis, and now is putting them into a box Marquis, so I can't imagine it should be too hard.

TP Derrick D
09-05-2014, 09:25 PM
I finally found the post I was looking for, it mentioned the car had manual seats. http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=93665

whitey
09-06-2014, 06:43 AM
It wont work. Unfortunately the only way to have a marauder, is to get a marauder. Just swapping seats out doesn't cut it.

Serge
09-06-2014, 07:14 AM
What year is the Vic? Older ones had wiring sitting underneath the carpet. Even if it has manual seats he can swap manual tracks over and make Marauder seats manual.

gdmjoe
09-06-2014, 08:35 AM
Depending upon the year and model of the Crown Victoria it would/could be a direct-swap, plug-and-play.

Example - Swapped an entire 300A Mercury Marauder interior to my 2003 Crown Victoria LX. *Going from Light Flint > Dark Charcoal.

BAD MERC
09-06-2014, 11:37 AM
I am gonna go hurl....

L.Mark
09-06-2014, 12:16 PM
I'm gonna see if Probe seats will fit in my Marauder...

BAD MERC
09-06-2014, 01:18 PM
It wont work. Unfortunately the only way to have a marauder, is to get a marauder. Just swapping seats out doesn't cut it.

You ever just want to scream until you bleed internally? I had a silver '95 Taurus SHO for 8 years and everyone on the SHO forum wanted granny's condo car to be a SHO clone. 6 years of the same on Marauder forums. Thank christ nobody makes Viper clones out of their Dodge Avenger - I think I finally avoided it. Finally.

MOTOWN
09-06-2014, 01:29 PM
This cloning crap makes my skin crawl! yeah I want to turn my car into a wannabe Marauder!

BAD MERC
09-06-2014, 01:33 PM
This cloning crap makes my skin crawl! yeah I want to turn my car into a wannabe Marauder!

And then sully the name by getting spanked by a rented Chevy Cruze full of girls.

MOTOWN
09-06-2014, 01:41 PM
And then sully the name by getting spanked by a rented Chevy Cruze full of girls.

OHHHHHHH me no likey!:eek::depress: LOL

L.Mark
09-06-2014, 02:53 PM
Did someone say spanked by Motown???:banana:

whitey
09-06-2014, 04:23 PM

Lmao! Exactly. In life you can be a wannabe, or you can be what you truely are. To the OP: I wouldnt sell marauder seats to a guy in a crown vic. I am prejudice against these goofballs.
To the guys who put marauder parts on their cv or gm: same idea... http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/07/ahuvypyt.jpg

Serge
09-06-2014, 05:55 PM

Like that doesn't happen to Marauders. lolol

You still have an overpriced, blacked out Grand Marquis with shiny wheels and parts bin motor that runs mid 15s from the factory. That's slower than most grocery getters nowadays.

Marauders have the most comfortable seats and best looking wheels in a Panther platform line up but that's about it.

justbob
09-06-2014, 06:14 PM
And a name...

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

MERCULES
09-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Like that doesn't happen to Marauders. lolol

You still have an overpriced, blacked out Grand Marquis with shiny wheels and parts bin motor that runs mid 15s from the factory. That's slower than most grocery getters nowadays.

Marauders have the most comfortable seats and best looking wheels in a Panther platform line up but that's about it.

Keep your chin up, maybe some day you will be able to afford a real Marauder.

CWright
09-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Lmao! Exactly. In life you can be a wannabe, or you can be what you truely are. To the OP: I wouldnt sell marauder seats to a guy in a crown vic. I am prejudice against these goofballs.
To the guys who put marauder parts on their cv or gm: same idea... http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/07/ahuvypyt.jpg

That picture...............LMAO!!!!

Serge
09-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Keep your chin up, maybe some day you will be able to afford a real Marauder.

Why would I want an overhyped Grand Marquis that is equally slow?

Plenty of fancy Marauders around for me to take parts off and put into my 30 year old car that cost me $800. The more parts I get the less there are left around for real Marauders.

MERCULES
09-06-2014, 07:15 PM
Why would I want an overhyped Grand Marquis that is equally slow?

Plenty of fancy Marauders around for me to take parts off and put into my 30 year old car that cost me $800. The more parts I get the less there are left around for real Marauders.

To each his own I guess, if you want to collect parts and build a 30 year old Grand Mar queer, go for it.

Serge
09-06-2014, 07:17 PM
To each his own I guess, if you want to collect parts and build a 30 year old Grand Mar queer, go for it.

At least mine is a 2 door. Already more of a muscle car than Marauder will ever be.:lol:

MERCULES
09-06-2014, 07:22 PM
At least mine is a 2 door. Already more of a muscle car than Marauder will ever be.:lol:
So your in agreement then your car looks very queer:flamer:

Serge
09-06-2014, 07:24 PM
I think it looks pretty good spotting those genuine Marauder wheels on there. They surely bumped the price of the car up to $1800. Soon I will be able to wear a top hat.

MERCULES
09-06-2014, 07:30 PM
I think it looks pretty good spotting those genuine Marauder wheels on there. They surely bumped the price of the car up to $1800. Soon I will be able to wear a top hat.

OK it's time for you to take your meds and shut the computer off before your Mommy gets home.:eek:

Spectragod
09-06-2014, 07:38 PM
Really??? :rolleyes: Willing to put your money where your mouth is??? Mines a DTR, even slower than a 15 second black Marauder, mine runs solid 16's, but I'll still run ya.......:D

Serge
09-06-2014, 07:43 PM
Really??? :rolleyes: Willing to put your money where your mouth is??? Mines a DTR, even slower than a 15 second black Marauder, mine runs solid 16's, but I'll still run ya.......:D

Nah, wouldn't want to ruin my genuine Marauder wheels. It took me 10 years of hard manual labor to be able to afford them.

Spectragod
09-06-2014, 07:45 PM
I'll give you 4 lengths and the hit....

ginger
09-07-2014, 08:16 AM
So much hate for one of the people who is actually building something no one has ever seen in the panther community. Smh, go ahead and hoard the parts then.

I've got Marauder parts on my CV. You guys are just too sensitive about it. Calm down. If it wasn't for the rest of the panther platform, you would have never had your cars. And if the car is in the junkyard, or getting parted out...we're saving the parts from the trash.
I just don't get it. Serges build,is possibly the most innovative thing anyone ever did with the panther platform, and you guys get mad because he has Marauder seats. Damn.

a_d_a_m
09-07-2014, 08:19 AM
I think the Boxrauder is cool.

Ignore the haters.

MERCULES
09-07-2014, 08:34 AM
So much hate for one of the people who is actually building something no one has ever seen in the panther community. Smh, go ahead and hoard the parts then.

I've got Marauder parts on my CV. You guys are just too sensitive about it. Calm down. If it wasn't for the rest of the panther platform, you would have never had your cars. And if the car is in the junkyard, or getting parted out...we're saving the parts from the trash.
I just don't get it. Serges build,is possibly the most innovative thing anyone ever did with the panther platform, and you guys get mad because he has Marauder seats. Damn.

Read back over the posts again and see where the hate starts, Serge wanders into a site for Marauder enthusiasts and starts trashing Marauders. It just goes to prove that common sense just isn't that common anymore.

fastblackmerc
09-07-2014, 08:34 AM
I think the Boxrauder is cool.

Ignore the haters.

How about Faux Boxrauder?

justbob
09-07-2014, 08:48 AM
If he wanted to build a bad ass pro street or better yet restomod box I give full thumbs up! But just to throw newer stock parts on is bland at best..

There is plenty of much better design and comfortable racing seats that are probably cheaper (can you tell I never liked the MM seats from day one..)

The wheels were never really all that much of a selling point for me, I've just kept them so I don't look like a CV with bumpers to be dead honest. His car would look much better with pro stars IMO.

Don't even get me going on a 4V. That would be a ridiculous waste of time and money to achieve expensive small gains. Go big block and build a real fun car.

As for his attitude... Reminds me of CV.net and all it's children. To come here and bash what they where too much of a cheap ass to purchase but deep down inside it eats them alive to not have is laughable. He should be fully prepared to take ****. Were all car guys! I have respect for ANYONE modding ANYTHING! Even if it is 100% lame in my book, I totally get it's their vision and at least they did something.

"Since 2004"

Spectragod
09-07-2014, 09:02 AM

Actually..... -0- hate here, I love the body style and love the late model frame and driveline, many cudo's from me, I cannot express how impressed I am with it.....

RubberCtyRauder
09-07-2014, 09:37 AM
It's not even a Boxrauder..it has marauder wheels and seats..It's a early box 2 door Marquis, on a later model panther frame with a Centri equipped 2V..It's a restomod if anything. It's different and being different is what mods are all about.

MERCULES
09-07-2014, 10:18 AM
If he wanted to build a bad ass pro street or better yet restomod box I give full thumbs up! But just to throw newer stock parts on is bland at best..

There is plenty of much better design and comfortable racing seats that are probably cheaper (can you tell I never liked the MM seats from day one..)

The wheels were never really all that much of a selling point for me, I've just kept them so I don't look like a CV with bumpers to be dead honest. His car would look much better with pro stars IMO.

Don't even get me going on a 4V. That would be a ridiculous waste of time and money to achieve expensive small gains. Go big block and build a real fun car.

As for his attitude... Reminds me of CV.net and all it's children. To come here and bash what they where too much of a cheap ass to purchase but deep down inside it eats them alive to not have is laughable. He should be fully prepared to take ****. Were all car guys! I have respect for ANYONE modding ANYTHING! Even if it is 100% lame in my book, I totally get it's their vision and at least they did something.

"Since 2004"

I agree 100% I enjoy seeing other peoples mods and never trash them.

However if you come onto a site for Marauder enthusiasts and trash my
Marauder be prepared to hear back from me.

BAD MERC
09-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Will the wheels and drivetrain from a Buick Grand National fit in a 1978 El Camino?

tbone
09-07-2014, 12:45 PM
If they made more than 11,000 Marauders then we wouldn't be so sensitive about people using discontinued Marauder parts in their projects......

No offense Serge but your '85 ride is hideous.

whitey
09-07-2014, 01:19 PM
I agree with t bone. That rust bucket should have been trashed back in the 90's. As long as all you phonies know, at the end of the day, with all the hard work, time and money that went into your car, its still just another dime a dozen crown vic or gran marquis.

Serge
09-07-2014, 01:44 PM
Read back over the posts again and see where the hate starts, Serge wanders into a site for Marauder enthusiasts and starts trashing Marauders. It just goes to prove that common sense just isn't that common anymore.

Except you guys were the ones that started the hate when you started calling Crown Vic owners names because they were putting Marauder seats in their cars. This thread started off with a simple question whether or not Marauder interior will fit into a Vic. All the replies up to whitey's were constructive and informative. You guys started the **** so don't be pointing fingers at me.

Oh and whitey, my 30 year old California tudor has less rust than your 10 year old Maryland Marauder. Oh and how is your home made oil catch can doing? Collect any more water lately?

whitey
09-07-2014, 03:26 PM
That rolling turd gets two thumbs down! My oil catch can is still and always will catch water....its part of the combustion process, go ahead and google it. Bottom line is, i have a marauder, and you dont. You dont see us stealing parts from your inferior old lady grocery getters, keep riding in style with wheels that cost more then your car.:rolleyes:

guspech750
09-07-2014, 04:03 PM
I like to mod sandwiches with cheese, lettuce and tomato. Sometimes I'll go crazy and really mod it with extra meat and more veggies.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

massacre
09-07-2014, 05:04 PM
You guys should all be banned for starting drama

whitey
09-07-2014, 05:06 PM
I like to mod sandwiches with cheese, lettuce and tomato. Sometimes I'll go crazy and really mod it with extra meat and more veggies.

Thats why you are who you are, and i am who i am.

Why is it that almost every red head on tv wears glasses?
Mort from family guy
The kid on bubble guppies
Chucky from the rug rats
The ginger on the magic school bus
Ginger nerd on barney
I know there are more....these little red haired freaks make me sick!

Serge
09-07-2014, 05:06 PM
Ok guys why don't you explain this to me. A CV owner goes to a junkyard and buys parts off a wrecked Marauder and puts them into a CV. If he didn't buy those parts they would be scrapped along with the rest of the car. How exactly does that lower the amount of parts available for Marauders? You would rather see OEM parts scrapped then end up on CVs?

FYI all Marauder parts that I have with exception of wheels came from a junkyard. The cars sat there for months with hardly any parts removed. If I didn't buy them they would've been scrapped. Oh and the 2 cars that I did get the parts from were scrapped shortly after. OEM rear bumper covers and all.

If the parts were so desirable they would be selling like hot cakes which obviously they are not.

For the amount of money Marauder owners spend on superchargers and other mods they could've easily got together and made replicas of the parts that they need.

Oh and one last thing, if there were no Crown Vic or Grand Marquis there would be no Marauders.

whitey
09-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Id rather see them destroyed. Its like you wearing panties, we know that panties were made for girls, just because you could wear them doesn't mean you should.

Serge
09-07-2014, 05:14 PM
Id rather see them destroyed. Its like you wearing panties, we know that panties were made for girls, just because you could wear them doesn't mean you should.

So Marauder owners prejudice against CV owners and that this has nothing to do with lack of parts for Marauders. Got it.:rolleyes: *******s like you are the reason people hate Marauder owners.

whitey
09-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Ive been called worse by better. Im not against a cv owner, just against making your car look like something its not. Prejudice? Yep, and not afraid to admit it.

Spectragod
09-07-2014, 05:42 PM
I personally appreciate anyone who mods anything, it's all cool. At least they are car guys/gals and are doing the car thing. It makes no difference if I like it or not, the owner of the car likes it, and that's all that matters, in this case, I like the box with late model parts, thought about doing a similar swap myself, I'm just too damn lazy, because it is mega time consuming.

I still give Serge thumbs up on taking on such a project and having the drive to see it through. :beer:

guspech750
09-07-2014, 06:40 PM
Honestly, if a CV/GM owner can rescue and uses said parts instead of being scrapped is better.

Eventually said CV/GM owner will most likely sell said Marauder parts back to panther owners. It's like a long term rental agreement.

Oh, and I still like to mod my sandwiches.

camelgrundle
09-09-2014, 05:01 PM
Hey guys I hate Ferrari so I am going to go join their forum and buy their rims and interiors and bumpers and all the cool parts but they suck! Lol get a grip man I would not join a cv forum then rip on the first people who talk trash about a marauder. Ur in the wrong place my friend! And it's news to me that we are hated lol. Don't feel that way every time I get talked to about my "cool" car!

massacre
09-09-2014, 05:33 PM
I'm telling ya, ban everyone it's the only solution

redmercy04
09-11-2014, 01:51 AM
Most CV & GM owner love my MM, but I have noticed that the MM cloners seems to be the one looking upset when I pull up at a gas station, car wash, hell even a stop signs. Like I ****** up their life or som. When I say cloners I mean CV & GM wit loud exhaust & those very wrong looking exhaust tips. I even had a guy at a gas station with a very clean cloner (CV) get mad because I pulled up there. Never seen this guy in my life, but I must say da MM did make his CV look like a total knockoff & every way looks, exhaust tone, etc...ain't nothing like a that DTR real MM to kill a cloners dream lol.. I just love Panthers. I own a GM & MM. But I must say before I got da MM, if I would of put any rim on my GM it would of been MM rims. Since I got the MM i do feel like it would disgrace the MM name

redmercy04
09-11-2014, 02:06 AM
So Marauder owners prejudice against CV owners and that this has nothing to do with lack of parts for Marauders. Got it.:rolleyes: *******s like you are the reason people hate Marauder owners.
More like cloners are abit jealous of MM

mnrauder
09-12-2014, 03:15 AM
why use a defunct seat that you can't get a replacement for? I could understand the impala ss seats. those you can still buy replacement covers for.

ChiTownMaraud3r
09-12-2014, 07:46 AM
The Marauder seats aren't even that great. If my car wasn't such a low mile borderline cream puff, I would swap them for some Boss302 seats or something.

Crown Vicman
09-12-2014, 10:33 AM
You people are bashing this guy for wanting marauder seats in his car? Leave that man alone. Its his car and he can do whatever he wants to it including buying better seats. Its ridiculous because people have been cloning similar cars for years. malibu/chevelle, lemans/gto, skylark/buickgs, caprice/impala

fastblackmerc
09-12-2014, 11:01 AM
Its ridiculous because people have been cloning similar cars for years. malibu/chevelle, lemans/gto, skylark/buickgs, caprice/impala

So that makes it right?

Blackmobile
09-12-2014, 11:22 AM
That makes it normal. :violin: Marauder seats in a CV....Been there and done that, even down to installing the power seat controls in a 2000 CV. Just need to look out for the little things Mercury does. They even changed the pin-out in the connectors for 03 to 04. Now as for the rear Marauder bumper on my CV, which I recently removed due to the bumper having more value that the whole car.

ChiTownMaraud3r
09-12-2014, 11:42 AM
That makes it normal. :violin: Marauder seats in a CV....Been there and done that, even down to installing the power seat controls in a 2000 CV. Just need to look out for the little things Mercury does. They even changed the pin-out in the connectors for 03 to 04. Now as for the rear Marauder bumper on my CV, which I recently removed due to the bumper having more value that the whole car.

What was the point of a Marauder bumper on a CV? Poser much? :loco:

Blackmobile
09-12-2014, 11:47 AM
What was the point of a Marauder bumper on a CV? Poser much? :loco:

Cause I liked it and the CV bumper looked like crap,
and also had no place to store it, But when you have an entire Marauder as a parts supply you can do things like that. As for the entire Marauder interior, when my behind believe's it's in a Marauder the ride in the CV is that much more enjoyable.

ChiTownMaraud3r
09-12-2014, 11:52 AM
^ Well that's reasonable and makes sense as you had the parts car sitting around.

a_d_a_m
09-14-2014, 06:18 PM
eJ50iXOfPUY

:banana:

Mebot
09-14-2014, 07:08 PM
eJ50iXOfPUY

That's pretty cool actually

a_d_a_m
09-14-2014, 07:10 PM
I'm curious as to whether the populace will give the '69 Marauder a free pass as far as the hijacking of precious '03-04 Marauder parts.

champ1173
09-14-2014, 08:04 PM
Hi, My name is Sean, and I'm a recovered cloner.
I was one of the people that BAD MERC was talking about. I built a SHO clone. :bigcry:

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y459/champ1173/020_zps4ecd16d0.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/champ1173/media/020_zps4ecd16d0.jpg.html)

I actually was given, a 98 Ford Taurus SE Comfort. I hated the wheels that came on it! I thought the SHO wheels looked cool, so I bought a set. I couldn't stop there! I got the bumpers, interior, speakers, exhaust tips, speedo, spoiler, and even a different set of SHO wheels! I COULDN'T STOP MYSELF! Before it was totaled, the only thing that wasn't a SHO, was the engine. The money that I put into that car, I could've bought a real SHO, or two! The only reason why I turned my SE into a SHO, was because I'd see at least 20 different Gen 3 Taurus's a day, and that was just on my way to work! I even put Flowmasters on, and had a FSTB. I was a sick, sick man. Now I own a Marauder, and I'm doing much better now. I've been coming to my MM.net meetings, and life is so much better. :)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y459/champ1173/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-08/20140829_154956_zpsliabsual.jp g (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/champ1173/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-08/20140829_154956_zpsliabsual.jp g.html)

whitey
09-14-2014, 08:39 PM
I'm curious as to whether the populace will give the '69 Marauder a free pass as far as the hijacking of precious '03-04 Marauder parts.

Its a marauder with marauder parts, its also a custom one of a kind car, not a used and abused crown vic with parts that cant be found anymore. Clone=poser. Dont try and be something your not.

Blackmobile
09-15-2014, 10:15 AM
Isn't that what Mustang owners say about Marauder owners!

Its a marauder with marauder parts, its also a custom one of a kind car, not a used and abused crown vic with parts that cant be found anymore. Clone=poser. Dont try and be something your not.

a_d_a_m
09-15-2014, 04:46 PM
Its a marauder with marauder parts, its also a custom one of a kind car, not a used and abused crown vic with parts that cant be found anymore. Yes, but it's a '69 with '03 parts. A lot of people are complaining that the 'cloners' are taking parts off of the aftermarket and making it harder for last-generation Marauder owners to find parts. So, tell me why the '69 X-100 is more deserving than what Serge is doing? Both are reducing the number of parts available to '03-04 owners.

Besides:

its also a custom one of a kind car You *are* aware that Serge is more than likely the first person to successfully put a Box body on a 2003+ frame, add to the fact that it's a supercharged 2V...so, this car's way more custom and one of a kind than you are giving it credit for being.....you're aware...right?

tbone
09-15-2014, 05:47 PM
Yes, but it's a '69 with '03 parts. A lot of people are complaining that the 'cloners' are taking parts off of the aftermarket and making it harder for last-generation Marauder owners to find parts. So, tell me why the '69 X-100 is more deserving than what Serge is doing? Both are reducing the number of parts available to '03-04 owners.

Because it's a '69 Marauder clone. A one of a kind that will probably never be duplicated. Ever. And it's cool. That's why. :flamer:

guspech750
09-15-2014, 07:50 PM
eJ50iXOfPUY

Bad ass.

Needs boost.

TP Derrick D
09-16-2014, 01:43 PM
Haven't been on here past 3 days or so and was surprised to see this had grown to 5 pages. Didn't expect that from the original question I asked. LOL. To be honest I see it both ways, I got a '95 Mustang GT I've had since '97 that has a real 1995 Cobra R hood and real 1995 Cobra R rims along with real ordered from Saleen the S-281wing from the '94-'98 body style. Not trying to be a Cobra R or Saleen just the parts I changed looked better that the OEM factory parts. I also got a '00 Lightning I've owned for 13 1/2 years and when I first bought it there were only a years & a half of Lightnings in production and I hated it, I mean to the point of pointing it out to the fake owner if possible that it wasn't a Lightning. I saw everything from extended cab 6 bangers to reg cab straight side with Lightning badges stuck on them. At FFW-Dallas '02 I met a guy at Lightning Force Performance booth as we were talking to Mark Silvesrtri , the owner, and he said "Man, people been putting badges & rims on vehicles trying to make them look like the higher model for years, its not going to change". And yeah all these years later he's still right. I watch Mecum & Barret-Jackson auctions every time they are on and its a subject constantly talked about. Some commentators see it as "a crime" others don't, saying" no harm no foul, as long as seller don't try to fool anybody into buying a "Clone or the word that has been coming up past several years "Tribute" by representing something its not. Constantly see the SS badge stuck on non-SS factory built cars even with the appropriate engine sometimes. Even the Chevy engine in a Ford gets a lot of talk. Oh by the way, in 2003 I put 20's on my Lightning and made my oil change visit to my Ford dealer. While there an employee seen it and asked about the stock wheels. Told him they were at my house, he asked would I sell them, knowing I had just went into almost $3000 debt for the 20's w/ tires I said yes even after I found out he had a red clone with the 4.6 and no sliding back glass but the full front, side and rear skirts. I got killed on Lightning forum I was on with all the same comments and things I was thinking about fakes and I've heard on here 10-11 years later. I come to realize I have way more dislike of a Chebby engine in a Ford than I do of clones as long as its in the same manufacture bloodlines. So I've stop getting my BP up about it and simply because when people have fakes, clones or tributes of what I have I know people admire and want what I have..the REAL DEAL!!!

massacre
09-17-2014, 02:02 AM
Besides:
You *are* aware that Serge is more than likely the first person to successfully put a Box body on a 2003+ frame, add to the fact that it's a supercharged 2V...so, this car's way more custom and one of a kind than you are giving it credit for being.....you're aware...right?

It appears some people are easily impressed :shake:
I was the first to successfully do a lot of things to a Panther, believe me nobody cares.
Putting a blower on a modular engine in this day and age isn't exactly groundbreaking BTW.
Your "you are aware" routine makes you sound like a pompous ass.
Putting a box body on a newer frame in a platform that remained pretty much unchanged for like 30 years just isn't super impressive to me. I mean didn't the body bolt right on to the frame? And didn't the engine, transmission, interior, and everything else pretty much bolt right in?
How "custom" is that really?

I'm not dissing Serge's build but let's not act like he's Carrol Shelby, mmmmkay?
Sure it's different and it's unique but it's not like he put in a 5.4 DOHC or a Hydroboost swap lol.

Serge
09-17-2014, 09:25 AM
Your 5.4 DOHC or hydroboost swaps may as well be worthless since nobody has ever seen them. lol

massacre
09-17-2014, 10:10 AM
Your 5.4 DOHC or hydroboost swaps may as well be worthless since nobody has ever seen them. lol

^^^ You've been repeating this lie over and over for years LMAO.
Plenty of people have seen my car, Serge.
Another CVN member who loves to repeat lies until they are true.

Ezbok58a
09-17-2014, 11:56 AM
You guys should all be banned for starting drama

It worked for you, oh wait it didn't because of your signature.

You should be one to talk. And you got what you deserved, come back in a year when you're not a terrible person.

massacre
09-17-2014, 12:32 PM
What do you call what you're doing right now?

Serge
09-17-2014, 12:40 PM
^^^ You've been repeating this lie over and over for years LMAO.
Plenty of people have seen my car, Serge.
Another CVN member who loves to repeat lies until they are true.

A lie? You've never posted pics of your supposed 5.4 swap so nobody has seen it. It's worthless if you don't share your info with anyone.

Oh and is this the last remaining Panther forum that you haven't been banned from yet?

massacre
09-17-2014, 12:43 PM
I 'm through playing these games with you guys. My car is real, people have seen it, and there are plenty of pics up. I chose not to post them on sites where people personally attack me.
Maybe you should ask yourselves why you feel the need to gang up on me and insult me on every Panther site?

Get a life.

Serge
09-17-2014, 01:01 PM
I 'm through playing these games with you guys. My car is real, people have seen it, and there are plenty of pics up. I chose not to post them on sites where people personally attack me.
Maybe you should ask yourselves why you feel the need to gang up on me and insult me on every Panther site?

Get a life.

You came into this thread and started your bs and you have the nerve to ask why people are ganging up on you? GTFO dude.

RF Overlord
09-17-2014, 01:02 PM
This thread is perilously close to being closed. Please return to the original subject.

massacre
09-17-2014, 01:47 PM
Never Mind

tbone
09-17-2014, 02:06 PM
You came into this thread and started your bs and you have the nerve to ask why people are ganging up on you? GTFO dude.

No matter who you insult or how you insult our cars, your clone remains hideous. :)

Serge
09-17-2014, 03:01 PM
No matter who you insult or how you insult our cars, your clone remains hideous. :)

Cool story bro. I don't see how my car is a clone of anything seeing how they didn't make Marauders in 1985 let alone in that body style.:rolleyes:

It's like me calling your car a clone of a Cobra because you have M112 on it. Or maybe your car is a clone of a vomit comet Police Interceptor because you have a police driveshaft.

MERCULES
09-17-2014, 04:12 PM
QUOTE=tbone;1411153]No matter who you insult or how you insult our cars, your clone remains hideous. :)[/QUOTE]

HAHA LMAO Serge just got T-Boned :lol:

whitey
09-17-2014, 04:22 PM

Yes!!!!!!!! Serge you're right, its not a clone, just a mutt. Its like taking a poodle mixed with a rottweiler and acting cool when your walking it

tbone
09-17-2014, 04:34 PM
Cool story bro. I don't see how my car is a clone of anything seeing how they didn't make Marauders in 1985 let alone in that body style.:rolleyes:

It's like me calling your car a clone of a Cobra because you have M112 on it. Or maybe your car is a clone of a vomit comet Police Interceptor because you have a police driveshaft.

1985 called. Gramma wants her car back.

whitey
09-17-2014, 04:40 PM

Lmao! Back on topic: putting marauder seats in a gm will not make it a marauder.

MMBLUE
09-17-2014, 05:21 PM
Lmao! Back on topic: putting marauder seats in a gm will not make it a marauder.

It will however make it a Grandrauder :P

Serge
09-17-2014, 06:25 PM

2003 called. Gramma wants hers back too. You act like you got some super rare edition car when it fact it's just another mass produced car that didn't sell when it was new and will never be a collectible. They made 11000 of them. lol So get off your high horses. At the end of the day you still drive a Panther platform car. You can try to act like your car has nothing in common with a Crown Vic or a Grand Marquis but at the end of the day it's a same car. It shares most of the components with them. So you can sit there and boil in anger while Crown Vic and Grand Marquis owners buy up your precious parts and install them on their cars.

Mebot
09-17-2014, 06:33 PM
Such animosity in this thread

jwibbity
09-17-2014, 06:37 PM
2003 called. Gramma wants hers back too. You act like you got some super rare edition car when it fact it's just another mass produced car that didn't sell when it was new and will never be a collectible. They made 11000 of them. lol So get off your high horses. At the end of the day you still drive a Panther platform car. You can try to act like your car has nothing in common with a Crown Vic or a Grand Marquis but at the end of the day it's a same car. It shares most of the components with them. So you can sit there and boil in anger while Crown Vic and Grand Marquis owners buy up your precious parts and install them on their cars.

:bs::bs:^^^^^

If I remeber correctly Steve Babcock said last year at MVXI that the marauder was one of the most profitable cars for Ford, it was discontinued for upper management reasons ( Elana Ford), not because it didn't sell.........

Serge
09-17-2014, 06:43 PM
:bs::bs:^^^^^

If I remeber correctly Steve Babcock said last year at MVXI that the marauder was one of the most profitable cars for Ford, it was discontinued for upper management reasons ( Elana Ford), not because it didn't sell.........

If sales were so great why did it only sell 11000? In contrast the Grand Marquis sold almost 180000 during the same time frame. I won't even mention the Crown Vic. For being the most profitable car it didn't sell nearly enough cars to be profitable. 7800 cars sold in 2003 and 3200 in 2004 are piss poor sales figures.

Hey guize check out this awesome Grand Marquis my friend has. Genuine Marauder bumper cover looks awesome.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a541/aknox077/Mobile%20Uploads/ca3087e0-1fc0-48a4-b398-de63d605a1d0_zpsd1bd4cec.jpg

massacre
09-17-2014, 06:45 PM
Andy Knox is a loser.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L2m1lsrqBKw
Perhaps not the best choice to bolster your argument.

jwibbity
09-17-2014, 06:51 PM
If sales were so great why did it only sell 11000? In contrast the Grand Marquis sold almost 180000 during the same time frame. I won't even mention the Crown Vic. For being the most profitable car it didn't sell nearly enough cars to be profitable. 7800 cars sold in 2003 and 3200 in 2004 are piss poor sales figures.

what part of upper management did you not read, how could the MM not be profitable, using the same frame and alot of parts they already had available from the panther platform( with the obvious changes) and pricing it in the mid 30's sticker price....

massacre
09-17-2014, 06:51 PM
Actually I'm getting out of this thread right now before I say stuff that really should be said by someone, but apparently that someone is not me.
If you know what I mean lmao.

Good night guys, have fun storming the castle!

tbone
09-17-2014, 06:55 PM

Almost every time I drive my car I get compliments on it. And I won 1st place at the local car show for 1990 to present modified class amongst stiff competition. See proof below.

You, however, still own an ugly old granny car no matter what you do to it. Enjoy! :)

Serge
09-17-2014, 06:57 PM
what part of upper management did you not read, how could the MM not be profitable, using the same frame and alot of parts they already had available from the panther platform( with the obvious changes) and pricing it in the mid 30's sticker price....

I fail to see how upper management caused the car to only sell 7200 cars in first year.

Almost every time I drive my car I get compliments on it. And I won 1st place at the local car show for 1990 to present modified class amongst stiff competition. See proof below.

You, however, still own an ugly old granny car no matter what you do to it. Enjoy! :)

Whatever makes you feel better knowing that you spent 40 grand on a Grand Marquis with shiny wheels that is now worth literally tens of dollars.

jwibbity
09-17-2014, 07:06 PM
I fail to see how upper management caused the car to only sell 7200 cars in first year.

why does the number sold per year even matter? they ALL SOLD!!

just like the 03-04 cobra they only made ~19K of those, and that being one of the most sought after mustangs still to date.. so your point about production numbers is invalid:D

Serge
09-17-2014, 07:09 PM
why does the number sold per year even matter? they ALL SOLD!!

just like the 03-04 cobra they only made ~19K of those, and that being one of the most sought after mustangs still to date.. so your point about production numbers is invalid:D

Yes, but 03-04 Cobra is actually an awesome car.

Serge
09-17-2014, 07:12 PM
I am done with this ****. This thread should've ended at post #6.

http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1409250&postcount=6

jwibbity
09-17-2014, 07:17 PM
Yes, but 03-04 Cobra is actually an awesome car.

and now that your point has been rendered useless, the stupidity shows it's face.

please go back over to CVN, your presence and awful looking car are unwanted.........

tbone
09-17-2014, 07:23 PM

Whatever makes you feel better knowing that you spent 40 grand on a Grand Marquis with shiny wheels that is now worth literally tens of dollars.

Look up a Marauder and a GM of the same year and educate yourself on the value difference.

My car is priceless because it is one that people lust after and stare at appreciatively.

:rofl:Your car people laugh at. :shake:

Serge
09-17-2014, 07:25 PM
and now that your point has been rendered useless, the stupidity shows it's face.

please go back over to CVN, your presence and awful looking car are unwanted.........

I've been here since 2004, long before you ever showed up. So why don't you take your troll buddies and gtfo of this thread which was actually constructive at one point.

Comin' in Hot
09-17-2014, 07:49 PM
This thread turned into a big steamy pile of ****.... Whether you agree or disagree with marauder parts on non-marauders, there nothing anyone can do about it unless they're in the right place at the right time and have the cash to buy all the parts...... It's absolutely ridiculous to argue over it. I can't believe I spent the time to read this entire thread.

I think everyone that argued here needs to grow up.

As for the seats fitting, as long as it's an 03+ panther, seats should physically bolt-in. As for the electrical connections, I'll depends on the options of the Marauder they came out of and that Vic it's going into.

RF Overlord
09-18-2014, 03:47 AM
Such animosity in this threadAgreed, and we're done.