PDA

View Full Version : Headlight issue.

walela1
09-06-2014, 07:16 AM
My headlights are not coming on right away after unlocking the car with the remote fob. Car is my owned for 10+ years Black 2004 MM. Less the 80K original miles and my DD. Eventually the lights come on on the way to work, but I don't want to get ticketed or get in an accident. The headlight switch is always on in the automatic position. Already have an issue in the A/C not working due to the Blend door actuator having failed.:mad2:

fordmike65
09-06-2014, 07:23 AM
Might be related to your LCM (Lighting Control Module). Ford is now offering extended coverage of a failed part. Check this thread:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=92741

fastblackmerc
09-06-2014, 08:05 AM
My headlights are not coming on right away after unlocking the car with the remote fob. Car is my owned for 10+ years Black 2004 MM. Less the 80K original miles and my DD. Eventually the lights come on on the way to work, but I don't want to get ticketed or get in an accident. The headlight switch is always on in the automatic position. Already have an issue in the A/C not working due to the Blend door actuator having failed.:mad2:

With the car running and the headlights on tap the LCM. If the headlights come on the relay inside the LCM is bad.

LCM is located just to the right of the steering column, above the OBDII port.

PM me for info on getting your LCM repaired.

walela1
09-11-2014, 05:25 PM
Thanks Jim, tapped the LCM and the headlights came on. Ordered the Dorman bypass module so I could drive the car, if that doesn't work out then I will have to pull the LCM and send it to you.:beer: