PDA

View Full Version : Climate Control Module Replacement

04MRADR
09-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Hi everyone. Had a very loud whistling sound in the A/C and a few years ago had "O" rings replaced and fixed it. Unfortunately happening again but this time "O" ring replacement doesn't work. My mechanic indicated I need a new unit and proof in the pudding was he has another Marauder he was working on, removed the unit, put it in mine and worked fine just to confirm. He is seeing if he can get one off a junk yard wreck cause a new one is really expensive. What do you think of the below? Is this a good deal and is rebuild okay you think ? I've purchased replacement headlights and side markers from these guys and have no complaints. Appreciate any thoughts.

http://www.carid.com/2004-mercury-marauder-air-conditioning-heating-parts/dorman-climate-control-module-16420060.html

fastblackmerc
09-13-2014, 01:17 PM
Hi everyone. Had a very loud whistling sound in the A/C and a few years ago had "O" rings replaced and fixed it. Unfortunately happening again but this time "O" ring replacement doesn't work. My mechanic indicated I need a new unit and proof in the pudding was he has another Marauder he was working on, removed the unit, put it in mine and worked fine just to confirm. He is seeing if he can get one off a junk yard wreck cause a new one is really expensive. What do you think of the below? Is this a good deal and is rebuild okay you think ? I've purchased replacement headlights and side markers from these guys and have no complaints. Appreciate any thoughts.

http://www.carid.com/2004-mercury-marauder-air-conditioning-heating-parts/dorman-climate-control-module-16420060.html
If your comfortable, then do it.

J-MAN
09-13-2014, 01:57 PM
New ones go for about $225.00 on ebay.

RF Overlord
09-14-2014, 08:11 AM
Someone here had an issue with cracks in the vacuum manifold inside the EATC and fixed it with epoxy.

fastblackmerc
09-15-2014, 04:52 AM
Someone here had an issue with cracks in the vacuum manifold inside the EATC and fixed it with epoxy.

I do that all the time. I even setup a "rig" to test the manifolds. Which I do when I repair all EATCs.

tylerdurden2816
09-22-2014, 07:40 AM
I do that all the time. I even setup a "rig" to test the manifolds. Which I do when I repair all EATCs.

I still need to get mine repaired, the weather's getting mild and I can go without it a for a bit now. Will you be at Marauderville? And will you be bringing any completed ones so I could swap ya on the spot?

fastblackmerc
09-22-2014, 08:56 AM
I still need to get mine repaired, the weather's getting mild and I can go without it a for a bit now. Will you be at Marauderville? And will you be bringing any completed ones so I could swap ya on the spot?

Sorry not going to be able to make Marauderville the year.