PDA

View Full Version : Good DFW shop

2003 MIB
04-19-2004, 04:43 AM
I can't take credit for finding this place (Logan) but I would like to spread the word. I recently had my Kook's exhaust installed by Terry Cole at Meadlin's Care Car in Duncanville (972) 298-0108. I'd give this place a five-star rating. Cool people doing good work. Got goodies you need installed? They can do it! :up:

Logan
04-19-2004, 07:04 AM
FYI, Performance Research (Terry Cole) is in discussions with respect to becoming a supporting vendor...

MYSTA KANG
04-21-2004, 05:28 AM
Hey MIB how much HP did you gain from it?

2003 MIB
04-21-2004, 05:54 AM
Good Morning Coach,
The short answer is I don't know. There's been a lot of talk about gains of 50hp at 6000rpm but that's Logan's car with the 14" Magnaflows (I went 18" 'cause I'm older etc...). The car feels stronger but there may also be a placebo effect from the sound...My car's never been on the dyno so I don't have a baseline. The 1/4 mile time listed in my signature was before the underdrives and exhaust. I'd really like to run a 13.7 with the car now. I don't know how that equates to HP numbers but the track is what matters to me...Man, I need to get out and run it soon.... :up:

Logan
04-21-2004, 06:41 AM
Dan,

Knowing how your car's equipped, you're car should show an very similar dyno sheet to mine... Gimme a shout when you want to dyno it, I have to get mine re-dyno'd shortly anyway, we can go together...

2003 MIB
04-21-2004, 12:52 PM
Dan,

Knowing how your car's equipped, you're car should show an very similar dyno sheet to mine... Gimme a shout when you want to dyno it, I have to get mine re-dyno'd shortly anyway, we can go together...

I'd like that. Let's iron out the details at Chuck's on Saturday- You still using the place in Lewisville?

MYSTA KANG
04-22-2004, 07:56 AM
MIB that was my next question. After doing the mod did the sound change into that deep rumble or what. I wish the MM had its own signature sound like the COBRA. Well let me take that back I have not seen or listen to logans ride yet. Are you happy with the mod after having it days after now.

Logan
04-22-2004, 08:04 AM
Yep. Speedworks... It's best to always use the same dyno for consistency between the numbers. That way the dyno itself doesn't become a variable.

2003 MIB
04-23-2004, 04:01 AM
MIB that was my next question. After doing the mod did the sound change into that deep rumble or what. I wish the MM had its own signature sound like the COBRA. Well let me take that back I have not seen or listen to logans ride yet. Are you happy with the mod after having it days after now.

I hope the Chuck's show is well-attended. There are a few different exhaust "signatures in the group. Sound is really subjective and you kinda have to hear what you like, ya know? Gary has Flowmasters that have a very nice sound. Logan runs 14" Magnaflows, I run 18" Magnaflows and I can remember what John (Buckwheat) has but it's a neat sound too. The stock exhaust is still a "signature". I can tell a stock Marauder from Mustang (or anything else) on a drive-by. I guess I like them all...Loud for the sake of loud detracts from the character of the car- I haven't heard that yet (and I'm glad). :burnout:

2003 MIB
04-23-2004, 04:03 AM
Yep. Speedworks... It's best to always use the same dyno for consistency between the numbers. That way the dyno itself doesn't become a variable.

I like Saturday May 1st. You wanna make the arrangements? Anyone else wanna go?

BUCKWHEAT
04-23-2004, 06:38 PM
I hope the Chuck's show is well-attended. There are a few different exhaust "signatures in the group. Sound is really subjective and you kinda have to hear what you like, ya know? Gary has Flowmasters that have a very nice sound. Logan runs 14" Magnaflows, I run 18" Magnaflows and I can remember what John (Buckwheat) has but it's a neat sound too. The stock exhaust is still a "signature". I can tell a stock Marauder from Mustang (or anything else) on a drive-by. I guess I like them all...Loud for the sake of loud detracts from the character of the car- I haven't heard that yet (and I'm glad). :burnout:
I have had the Flowmaster 50, three chamber, since the car was new...first mod I did. After installing the DR Cobra exhaust and X-pipe, the overall sound got a lot louder and tonier. See y'all at Chucks tomorrow. John