PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guittard!!! here it is

Tnbigbody
09-20-2014, 12:47 PM
this is the pic you asked for earlier of the grille lights. I also did the lower bumper as you can see, in this sorry @$$ pic I was in a rush when I took it. but it still shows up decent looks better in person and yes I did orange leds. Let me know whatcha think

NavySeabee
09-20-2014, 02:33 PM
I don't think that would last too long before getting pulled over up here.

Tnbigbody
09-20-2014, 03:02 PM
Not sure about all of the local laws everywhere but here as long as it doesn't blink/flash blue red or white its fine.. It's technically additional marker/accent lights and shouldn't be an issue. It's kind of like the 18 wheelers with all those extra lights on their rig and trailers. But the unfortunate part for truck drivers if one goes out then they get ticketed.

Guittard22
09-20-2014, 06:08 PM
^^^^^
Love it PM me your number let me txt you what I got planned ! Looks very cool mine would have to be blue with a on/off switch

MyBlackBeasts
09-20-2014, 07:28 PM
I don't think that would last too long before getting pulled over up here.

If the lights are amber or white its DOT compliant for front of vehicle.

If amber and on the rear, would violate DOT regs.

Any solid color on front other than amber/white, red on rear are DOT non-compliant.

The color of the lights on a vehicle have definition & meaning other than "pretty".

MyBlackBeasts
09-20-2014, 07:33 PM
It's kind of like the 18 wheelers with all those extra lights on their rig and trailers.

As long as they follow DOT guidelines for color placement.

But the unfortunate part for truck drivers if one goes out then they get ticketed.

Which is why reflector lights are used. Any lights that are in excess of mandatory that are inop then become a safety reflector and don't turn in to a ticket.

jwibbity
09-20-2014, 07:58 PM
If the lights are amber or white its DOT compliant for front of vehicle.

If amber and on the rear, would violate DOT regs.

Any solid color on front other than amber/white, red on rear are DOT non-compliant.

The color of the lights on a vehicle have definition & meaning other than "pretty".

I could have sworn I've seen a car with amber turn signals in the rear.....:confused:

EDIT : just googled it, amber turn signals in the rear are definitely DOT compliant

MyBlackBeasts
09-20-2014, 08:26 PM
I could have sworn I've seen a car with amber turn signals in the rear.....:confused:

EDIT : just googled it, amber turn signals in the rear are definitely DOT compliant

TS yes as it is not a solid light.

Solid (not flashing) amber to the rear is illegal.

Mebot
09-20-2014, 11:37 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/Mebot/2565863-3853767-4957010_3d402eb6c781d9c88cd341 9c33f6e390_zpslddguyzp.png