PDA

View Full Version : Parade Lap

xopher
09-23-2014, 09:39 AM
Looks like the weather will cooperate on Saturday for a decent parade lap. Trying to rig up my smartphone as a dashcam to record the view during the parade lap. Anyone have suggestions on good windshield-mounted suction mounts that can squeeze a smartphone and allow for good video recording?

guspech750
09-23-2014, 10:54 AM
Tape it to your grill.

:lol:

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

justbob
09-23-2014, 02:46 PM
Will it record slow enough for a parade lap? :)

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

guspech750
09-23-2014, 03:11 PM
Will it record slow enough for a parade lap? :)

"Since 2004"

DTR will lead it.

L.Mark
09-23-2014, 05:20 PM
DTR will lead it.

So you'll need something to record in reverse then???:rolleyes:

james79stang
09-29-2014, 04:44 PM
end of session working on the beginning part to post.http://youtu.be/8kq0U3vT538

james79stang
09-29-2014, 08:03 PM
ok this is the opening to the laps.
http://youtu.be/MhB59fm61FQ

Enjoy!

(sorry about the wind noise)

8UWITH6
09-29-2014, 08:06 PM
says private.......... huh huh. please change the setting so we can enjoy.

lji372
09-29-2014, 08:11 PM
8kq0U3vT538

MhB59fm61FQ

lji372
09-29-2014, 08:11 PM
says private.......... huh huh. please change the setting so we can enjoy.

Rookie :banned::banned::banned:

MyBlackBeasts
09-29-2014, 08:46 PM

Enjoy!

James!!!

says private......... Link no worky!

:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

james79stang
09-29-2014, 08:48 PM
FIXED.. sorry

MyBlackBeasts
09-29-2014, 08:53 PM
FIXED.. sorry

Yeah!!! Thanks Bud!

You're the best! :D

xopher
09-29-2014, 09:05 PM

Enjoy!

Awesome! :drive:

justbob
09-30-2014, 04:18 AM
Sure am glad I was up in the front!

"Since 2004"

lji372
09-30-2014, 04:24 AM
Sure am glad I was up in the front!

"Since 2004"

Yep, i was right behind ya

I learned my lesson in Atlanta :D

MM03MOK
09-30-2014, 05:12 AM
Honestly, even being near the back, Dan (who I rode with) got into some great corners. He didn't baby his car. Very different perspective in the back seat!!! Awesome!

justbob
09-30-2014, 04:04 PM
Honestly, even being near the back, Dan (who I rode with) got into some great corners. He didn't baby his car. Very different perspective in the back seat!!! Awesome!

Me neither! I was able to grab 3rd around the last turn on one of the laps and ever so slightly danced the corner all the way though even with the three kids rolling around the backseat helping me with traction... Fun times!

Couldn't tell if they were tears of joy or tears of bumps and bruises. :) Meh, I was focused on making sure the front occupants were having a good time! They're the ones that paid for and built the amusement ride!

"Since 2004"

stevengerard
09-30-2014, 04:40 PM
being last wasn't bad either - especially with 44 year old suspension geometry

WPG_Merc
09-30-2014, 11:51 PM
Two vids from IPhone 4S Camera Mount.
Autobahn Country Club Parade Laps :banana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSTZNncnaWE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L2bAXWqN6w

justbob
10-01-2014, 04:04 AM
There was a BIG difference of front or back! My tires were screeching damn near all corners! If I'm starting to tap the brake while downshifting it's starting to get hairy. :eek:

"Since 2004"

lji372
10-01-2014, 04:13 AM
There was a BIG difference of front or back! My tires were screeching damn near all corners! If I'm starting to tap the brake while downshifting it's starting to get hairy. :eek:

"Since 2004"

Yup!!

That second set of videos was....well.......painful

stevengerard
10-01-2014, 06:03 AM
Just goes to show everyone how different road racing is from drag racing. Both fun - completely different style of driving. Problem is with a field that big once you get 5 - 7 cars back those that are not familiar with road racing lose the correct line to drive the course - evident of how bad it got in the back with huge spacing a incorrect line. Even going slow one should take the "correct" line through the course. In the end it sounded like everyone enjoyed themselves - that is what is most important, not many people get to drive on that track.

8UWITH6
10-01-2014, 06:49 PM
I was a little disappointed that the person in front of me wasn't pushing very hard at first. But them I realized that it didnt matter because everyone has their own comfort level. After that I recognized that as a group we all did great. It was a very fun experience and to be honest with 4 people in the car I was amused on how well the big car handled! Great time folks!

pem
10-01-2014, 08:42 PM
being last wasn't bad either - especially with 44 year old suspension geometry

I was 2 cars in front of you and had a good time....kinda disappointed in cars slowing way down at the end of the long straightaway entering the right hand turn....I was always crawling up the rear of the car in front of me, just as he was with the car in front of him....glanced at the speedometer a few times and was going, shall I say it, just a "bit faster" than their recommended speed limit....When Brad, 1 fast merc, and I toured Autobahn CC the first time, we hoped everyone wouldn't get pissed at the "slow parade lap speed"....someone even called it a snails pace....and never thought we could stay out for the full 25 minutes....thought it would be 2/3 laps and over with....for all of us lucky Windy City Marauders, I'm working on going back as a group, but this time with a photographer to take pictures from trackside....:woohoo:

xopher
10-01-2014, 08:46 PM
I was also puzzled at the slowdown at the end of the big straightaway during each lap. Still had a great time though!

stevengerard
10-01-2014, 09:17 PM
I was also puzzled at the slowdown at the end of the big straightaway during each lap. Still had a great time though!

That is just folks not familiar with the breaking zones and where to turn into the corner, add those together for folks who seldom do this and you get very early breaking and wrong angles through the apex = very slow times through the turns.

MM03MOK
10-01-2014, 09:28 PM
That is just folks not familiar with the breaking zones and where to turn into the corner, add those together for folks who seldom do this and you get very early breaking and wrong angles through the apex = very slow times through the turns.

He speaketh the truth! ^^^

pem
10-01-2014, 09:37 PM
trying to cut a proper corner for speed was a little difficult in a crowd ....when I really tried, my thoughts came to riding on my original 10 year old tires that probably should have had more air in them....then I thought about the "power adder" cars....then I thought about how much fun justbob was having shifting and downshifting his 6 speed....won't forget that day....kudos to everyone !!!!!:rock:

CoreyM75
10-01-2014, 10:56 PM
Two vids from IPhone 4S Camera Mount.
Autobahn Country Club Parade Laps :banana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSTZNncnaWE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L2bAXWqN6w

Thank you for sharing those 2 videos. I was driving the first DTR in front of you. Vincent was behind me and he had a Go Pro on his roof, but unfortunately it didn't record. My wife took several videos, but all of them were soiled by her telling me to slow down, brake more into corners and stop getting too close to the car in front of me. It was much more fun than I thought it would have been. It wasn't much of a parade lap, since I got up above 70 a couple times.

WPG_Merc
10-01-2014, 11:08 PM
Thank you for sharing those 2 videos. I was driving the first DTR in front of you. Vincent was behind me and he had a Go Pro on his roof, but unfortunately it didn't record. My wife took several videos, but all of them were soiled by her telling me to slow down, brake more into corners and stop getting too close to the car in front of me. It was much more fun than I thought it would have been. It wasn't much of a parade lap, since I got up above 70 a couple times.

Your welcome:up:
I had a great time too,Two months ago I got new coil over shocks & rear shocks put in & it was a great opportunity to really test the car out to the max & it handled great.:banana:

Hope you had a great time at MV12 :beer:

CoreyM75
10-01-2014, 11:21 PM
I did, I just regret that I didn't take more time off work to go to the entire thing. Saturday was a blast.

FW_Linc/Merc
10-02-2014, 03:59 AM
Some pics showing the fun.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/723/medium/IMG_0179.JPG

Neat shot of overhead stand in the reflection.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/723/medium/IMG_0196.JPG

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/723/medium/IMG_01671.JPG

justbob
10-02-2014, 05:39 AM
trying to cut a proper corner for speed was a little difficult in a crowd ....when I really tried, my thoughts came to riding on my original 10 year old tires that probably should have had more air in them....then I thought about the "power adder" cars....then I thought about how much fun justbob was having shifting and downshifting his 6 speed....won't forget that day....kudos to everyone !!!!!:rock:

It was a BLAST! Like I said earlier, I was having to get on the breaks a little too hard at times cause I was approaching some of the corners a wee bit fast for this tubby girl. My biggest issue was my tiny ass in the seat! I just may push up the timeframe for the racing seats I've been planning.. Always disliked these factory seats.

A group outing would be AWESOME Paul, I am sooooo there! As always, my keys are all yours friend! Ride her hard, she can handle it and beg for more. My car too. LOL

I'll check my air pressure next time (knew I'd forget..) and hopefully she'll take the harder corners better. I wasn't overly impressed with all the body roll. I guess it could have also been me sliding all over hell? :)

"Since 2004"

stevengerard
10-02-2014, 06:14 AM
We could all run up to Gingerman in Southhaven as well - 2.5 hour drive there. test and tune a couple of nights a week. its probably over now this season but next season would be great.

guspech750
10-02-2014, 09:20 AM
We could all run up to Gingerman in Southhaven as well - 2.5 hour drive there. test and tune a couple of nights a week. its probably over now this season but next season would be great.

Steve, I'm dying over here to go back to Gingerman to really race!! Like ASAP!!

pem
10-09-2014, 04:22 PM
I checked in with Autobahn CC for a return engagement and sad to say they close up the track for the year Nov. 1st. There is a full schedule for their members up to that date which means, like the Chicago Cubs and "da Bears", wait 'til next year.... The good news is we are welcome back anytime...They were impressed with our group, our Marauders and how we slogged those heavy behemoths around the track....reading thru all the comments, I think a good time was had by all....At the end of our conversation, I was told that the burnout on the entrance/exit road by our area was seen and not appreciated....:burnout:

CoreyM75
10-10-2014, 05:15 PM
I must have missed the burnout. Was it decent at least?

RF Overlord
10-12-2014, 06:56 AM
The good news is we are welcome back anytime...They were impressed with our group, our Marauders and how we slogged those heavy behemoths around the track...That's always good to hear. :)
I was told that the burnout on the entrance/exit road by our area was seen and not appreciated....I'm sure they are used to every group having one nitwit... :rolleyes:

SOSA03
10-12-2014, 10:59 AM
smoke screen !!!!!

guspech750
10-12-2014, 01:56 PM
I'm at the hotel.
Where is everyone?