PDA

View Full Version : Door lock only works manually

Ourobos
09-23-2014, 03:41 PM
Well, another problem arose today. Everything worked tip top in my 03. Took my car to a stereo shop to have a system put in it. When I picked it up, the rear passenger door lock only works manually. The switch won't control it (neither one), nor the fob. I'm going to assume it's just a coincidence, as he was only in the front door panels for the front speaker install. It does seem to move fairly freely by hand. Does this sound like an actuator?

larryo340
09-23-2014, 06:06 PM
In a word...yes

Ourobos
09-23-2014, 06:35 PM
Good.. I was hoping my installer didn't get a wire jacked up.. Didn't see how he could though, and both front switches are good and snug, new actually. Funky coincidence. Thanks

fastblackmerc
09-24-2014, 04:55 AM
I'd check the connections and see if you have power going to the actuator.

Ourobos
09-24-2014, 12:46 PM
Well it's half way working today, moved down once, moved up a time or two.. I'm guessing actuator is taking a dump. Thanks guys.

Marauderjack
09-24-2014, 01:09 PM
Mine buzzes and fails to lock about 25% of the time but works when I hit the Key FOB a second time.......even does it when I use the door switch......actuator gettin' lazy I guess!!:cool:

Mebot
09-24-2014, 01:43 PM
Mine buzzes and fails to lock about 25% of the time but works when I hit the Key FOB a second time.......even does it when I use the door switch......actuator gettin' lazy I guess!!:cool:
Yep same here.. sometimes my doors will lock via the fob and sometimes I have to press the 7/8 & 9/0 buttons to lock.