PDA

View Full Version : 200 amp alternator ?

PB Marauder
09-28-2014, 04:42 PM
How many other add ons would I have to have before I needed to upgrade to maybe the 200 amp alternator offered by Reinhart? Not saying in shooting for this but I'm curious.

Comin' in Hot
09-28-2014, 05:15 PM
You can get a 200 amp alternator other places, do not buy anything from Reinhart... You've been warned.

PB Marauder
09-28-2014, 05:52 PM
Ok. Seems to be the same one is offered from dbelectric.com or something. I'm just wondering why I would need to upgrade. I have an aftermarket stereo now but may add some more things. I have some extra cash to get one even if it's something that's a good idea to have?

fastblackmerc
09-29-2014, 05:01 AM
Ok. Seems to be the same one is offered from dbelectric.com or something. I'm just wondering why I would need to upgrade. I have an aftermarket stereo now but may add some more things. I have some extra cash to get one even if it's something that's a good idea to have?

Adding an aftermarket stereo will not necessitate an upgrade alternator. Unless you are adding more "stuff" the stock alternator is fine.

RF Overlord
09-29-2014, 09:08 AM
Adding an aftermarket stereo will not necessitate an upgrade alternator. Unless you add a 1.21 gigawatt amplifier...