PDA

View Full Version : HELP !!!!!!!

mw2309
10-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Car is dead battery is good got power to my starter alternator fuse box and the car seems like it getting nothing no lights horn etc and the security led on dash just stays on solid no blinking and very dim grounds are good wtf!!!!!!!! Was getting ready to start her up now that Eaton swap is finished thx Kevin

massacre
10-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Do you have power to/from the ignition switch? Power to/from the MLPS? Trigger wire to the starter from the MLPS?

mw2309
10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
What's a mlps

fastblackmerc
10-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Try resetting or changing the relays in the relay box under the hood.

mw2309
10-09-2014, 05:29 PM
Resetting relays ? I have power to everything under hood no power in cab

RF Overlord
10-09-2014, 07:05 PM
What's a mlpsManual Lever Position Sensor, which in the Panther platform is actually called the DTRS: Digital Transmission Range Sensor. Equivalent to the old-school neutral safety switch. It's mounted on the driver's side of the transmission.

fastblackmerc
10-10-2014, 04:33 AM
Resetting relays ? I have power to everything under hood no power in cab

Now that's a problem!

Any recent work done?

Are all the circuit breakers in the power distribution box (behind the battery) good?

mw2309
10-10-2014, 06:13 AM
Just finished eaton swap car was fine turned over a few times so I could check belt alignment and get oil moving around stopped cranking took a look at everything went to crank over again and I noticed I had no power checked every fuse rely was nervous enough off actually firing it up let alone this happening was supposed to go on dynamic today to get its final tune and I leave for work next Wednesday this suck! ! Any help would be much appreciated thx Kevin

fastblackmerc
10-10-2014, 06:23 AM
Just finished eaton swap car was fine turned over a few times so I could check belt alignment and get oil moving around stopped cranking took a look at everything went to crank over again and I noticed I had no power checked every fuse rely was nervous enough off actually firing it up let alone this happening was supposed to go on dynamic today to get its final tune and I leave for work next Wednesday this suck! ! Any help would be much appreciated thx Kevin

Sounds like major work was done to the electrical system under the hood.

I'd go back and double-check all the electrical connections. Solder and heat shrink everything. Don't trust crimp connectors.

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-10-2014, 06:23 AM
Could this be a PATS issue? Did you disconnect the PCM at all? How's your ground on the new battery location?

mw2309
10-10-2014, 08:11 AM
No didn't disconnect pcm
New ground goes right to block left old ground on passenger side and grounded it to frame it all was good until I cranked it over 4 times and the pats light stays on was thinking about disconnecting pcm and see if I got power there and all my wire connections are soldered no crimp terminals have no voltage at fuse panel inside car

fastblackmerc
10-10-2014, 08:20 AM
No didn't disconnect pcm
New ground goes right to block left old ground on passenger side and grounded it to frame it all was good until I cranked it over 4 times and the pats light stays on was thinking about disconnecting pcm and see if I got power there and all my wire connections are soldered no crimp terminals have no voltage at fuse panel inside car

I assume you have to relocate the battery and the power distribution box? I'd look there first.

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-10-2014, 08:29 AM
I agree, sounds like a fault at the power distribution box somewhere.

massacre
10-10-2014, 10:18 AM
Sorry about that, older cars had the MLPS which had a trigger wire to the starter solenoid. It's a good place to start diagnosis.
Usually i use a starter button and if the car will start that way, i work my way from there towards the ignition switch.

mw2309
10-11-2014, 08:04 PM
It's fixed it was a fuseable link in power distribution block thx for all the input mm.net

fastblackmerc
10-12-2014, 08:14 AM
Glad you found and fixed it.