PDA

View Full Version : 04 MM 4:10 Gears w/ HP Chip

REpson
04-21-2004, 12:36 PM
Jerry,

The note below is FYI.

Well well,

I have finally done it! Lidio had my car the whole weekend and he and his staff put in a new 4:10 gear & High Performance Chip in my 04 MM.

For months I have been reading the reviews from other Muscle car enthusiast that have basically did the same thing and I always wondered how my car would respond and how would I feel afterwards.

Well the verdict is in; I AM ONE VERY PROUD OWNER of a slightly modified 04 MM! I was so excited yesterday that I forgot to do my homework (Graduate School). I took my car for a test drive and it just BLEW ME AWAY!

The car is a BEAST compared the OEM stock options. The biggest difference that I have noticed is the PUNCH! Wow ... what a RUSH!

If there is anyone that is thinking about doing the same thing to their car, please feel free to contact me!

Alternative Auto Performance (Lidio) did an OUTSTANDING JOB on my car and again I'm very happy. Now I just need to get some work done to my 93 GT Mustang (Smile).

Lidio YOU'RE THE MAN WHEN IT COMES TO THE MARAUDERS! You're my MECHANIC FOR LIFE!

Robert A. Epson.

MARAUDER S/C
04-21-2004, 04:28 PM
:bows: :up: :burnout:

jgc61sr2002
04-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Congrats . Enjoy your Mods. :cool4:

jstevens
04-21-2004, 05:34 PM
Don't mean to ask a newbie question, but does switching the gears make the car have posi traction?
When I lay rubber, I'd like it to be from both tires. :burnout:

jgc61sr2002
04-21-2004, 05:59 PM
Don't mean to ask a newbie question, but does switching the gears make the car have posi traction?

Posi is standard equipment on the Marauder.

REpson
04-21-2004, 06:49 PM
JStevens:

I don't think my car has positve RW traction but I'm sure Lidio knows the answer.

:beer:

bigslim
04-21-2004, 09:24 PM
I told you, I told you, I told you!!! Lidio did a great job for me on mine. Great mod if you don't have money for the blower. You can really feel the difference. Car feels like it lost 500 pounds. By the way, the Motor City Marauder logo is good for another 25 hp (ha-ha).

MI2QWK4U
04-21-2004, 09:35 PM
I told you, I told you, I told you!!! Lidio did a great job for me on mine. Great mod if you don't have money for the blower. You can really feel the difference. Car feels like it lost 500 pounds. By the way, the Motor City Marauder logo is good for another 25 hp (ha-ha).

You are killing me Darryl.....

BillyGman
04-24-2004, 06:42 PM
No offence REpson, but I think this thread should've been placed in the Alternative Auto forum. This forum is for Trilogy, the Supercharger company.

REpson
04-24-2004, 06:51 PM
BillyGman,

No offense taken. I posted this note for Jerry considering that I had so many problems w/ my car when I purchase it.

I'm just happy that my car is operational w/ out any issues not to mention the after-market modifications that I had done to it!

:bandit: :banned:

No offence REpson, but I think this thread should've been placed in the Alternative Auto forum. This forum is for Trilogy, the Supercharger company.

Bradley G
04-24-2004, 06:55 PM
Aww! we can't help it we're newbees!! Godda like us for our enthusiasem Boy I'm gettin good at this speling thing:nono: . Quick hand me a dictionary!!

BillyGman
04-24-2004, 08:14 PM
okay, no biggie I guess. Thanks for the explanation though......

TAF
04-24-2004, 08:43 PM
added embellishment...
Now...if you don't mind pulling the car over...right over here...

okay, no biggie I guess. Thanks for the explanation though......
added embellishment...
Please run along...and please drive safely from now on
Officer Billy...one "G-man" you don't want to mess with :lol::lol:

BillyGman
04-24-2004, 11:38 PM
LOL.......hey wait a minute. Folks, you'll have to excuse TAF........he suffers from an overactive imagination..... I picked up the nickname "G-Man" from my team mates on a softball team that I used to play on (kinda long story)....

hitchhiker
04-25-2004, 12:41 AM
Jerry,

The note below is FYI.

Well well,

I have finally done it! Lidio had my car the whole weekend and he and his staff put in a new 4:10 gear & High Performance Chip in my 04 MM.

For months I have been reading the reviews from other Muscle car enthusiast that have basically did the same thing and I always wondered how my car would respond and how would I feel afterwards.

Well the verdict is in; I AM ONE VERY PROUD OWNER of a slightly modified 04 MM! I was so excited yesterday that I forgot to do my homework (Graduate School). I took my car for a test drive and it just BLEW ME AWAY!

The car is a BEAST compared the OEM stock options. The biggest difference that I have noticed is the PUNCH! Wow ... what a RUSH!

If there is anyone that is thinking about doing the same thing to their car, please feel free to contact me!

Alternative Auto Performance (Lidio) did an OUTSTANDING JOB on my car and again I'm very happy. Now I just need to get some work done to my 93 GT Mustang (Smile).

Lidio YOU'RE THE MAN WHEN IT COMES TO THE MARAUDERS! You're my MECHANIC FOR LIFE!

Robert A. Epson.

I am a Lidio fan as well :beer:

I am reluctant to S/C an aluminum engine period.

I know there are several MM owners out here with the S/C.

I would be very interested to know how many miles they have logged with their S/C, their driving habits e.g. do they commute every day in their MM, and if there have been any S/C related failures of our MM engines.

I am planning on Lidio's chip, 4:10's, Rear stud-girdle, underdrive pullies, MMX drive shaft, a drive shaft loop, trans and oil coolers, K & N type air filter, X-Pipes with hi-flow cats and mufflers, and Zaks rear control arms.

I also 'plan on planning' for a few more months until the experience base with all the available mods grows.

Perhaps I will change my mind about the S/C once Jerry has it passed by the CARB and more miles are logged by those using them.

I want durability with my go-fast goodies.

Best Regards,

David

BillyGman
04-25-2004, 01:08 AM
John( aka "Jet") has put over 10K on his MM. He had the Trilogy S/Cer installed at 32K, and now he has over 42K on the car. And like me, he uses his MM every day for back and forth to work. Bill Bowker (the former "Marauderer") also has 10K on his car since the Trilogy S/Cer install. I believe Dave (aka "MI2QWK4U") also has 10K on his MM since the Trilogy S/Cer installation. Also, the #1 Trilogy car has 30K on it since the S/Cer installation on it.

I talked w/these guys over the phone about this, because I had the same concerns as you do before installing the S/Cer kit on my Marauder. The biggest enemy to the S/Ced engine is detonation (aka "knocking" or "pinging"). That will melt your pistons, crack them, or blow a head gasket. But if your boost pressure isn't too high, and your ignition timing isn't anymore advanced than 13 degrees (at the most), and your air/fuel ratio is no leaner than 13.0:1, then it's my understanding that you'll be fine.

That's what I've heard from talking to two knowledeable and respected engine tuners(Lidio being one of them), and from reading the three books I've purchased on S/Cing for the street. If you really want to do your homework on this, I highly recommend the book "Forced Induction Performance Tuning" by A. Graham Bell, copyright 2002, and "Supercharged" by Corky Bell copyright 2001.

I also suggest that you go to the Alternative Auto forum of this board, and from there click on Lidio's website, and read the article that he has on his sight about tuning conservatively, and keep in mind that it's Lidio who burns the chips for every Trilogy S/Cer kit.

hitchhiker
04-25-2004, 01:18 AM
John( aka "Jet") has put over 10K on his MM. He had the Trilogy S/Cer installed at 32K, and now he has over 42K on the car. And like me, he uses his MM every day for back and forth to work. Bill Bowker (the former "Marauderer") also has 10K on his car since the Trilogy S/Cer install. I believe Dave (aka "MI2QWK4U") also has 10K on his MM since the Trilogy S/Cer installation. Also, the #1 Trilogy car has 30K on it since the S/Cer installation on it.

I talked w/these guys over the phone about this, because I had the same concerns as you do before installing the S/Cer kit on my Marauder. The biggest enemy to the S/Ced engine is detonation (aka "knocking" or "pinging"). That will melt your pistons, crack them, or blow a head gasket. But if your boost pressure isn't too high, and your ignition timing isn't anymore advanced than 13 degrees (at the most), and your air/fuel ratio is no leaner than 13.0:1, then it's my understanding that you'll be fine.

That's what I've heard from talking to two knowledeable and respected engine tuners(Lidio being one of them), and from reading the three books I've purchased on S/Cing for the street. If you really want to do your homework on this, I highly recommend the book "Forced Induction Performance Tuning" by A. Graham Bell, copyright 2002, and "Supercharged" by Corky Bell copyright 2001.

I also suggest that you go to the Alternative Auto forum of this board, and from there click on Lidio's website, and read the article that he has on his sight about tuning conservatively, and keep in mind that it's Lidio who burns the chips for every Trilogy S/Cer kit.

Good Info.

Thanks,

David

Bradley G
04-25-2004, 07:45 AM
I drove a 2004 Cobra conv. at work yesterday . This car has a stock s/c :up: .I think if FMC will offer one, it should be safe as long as perameters mentioned above are kept. THE DAMAGE IS DONE :bounce: I WANT ONE !!

sailsmen
04-25-2004, 08:03 AM
Also the amount of boost will impact the durability.

Those that get addicted to speed and start pushing up the boost IMHO will eventually have problems.

BillyGman
04-25-2004, 11:30 AM
Also the amount of boost will impact the durability.

Those that get addicted to speed and start pushing up the boost IMHO will eventually have problems.

I agree, although so far nothing bad has happened to any of the Trilogy customers engines that I know of. that isn't to say that it neccessrily won't though. It's just that there's already a pretty good track record developed among the Trilogy customers' Marauders as far as I know.

As far as the Cobra engine, it uses the same Eaton model M112 S/cer that the trilogy kit includes, but I also must point out that the 2003 Cobra has a cast iron block, forged pistons, stronger connecting rods, and a forged steel crankshaft, that's been added to it when Ford included a S/Cer in it. None of which the Marauder engine has. That was my original concern while considering the Trilogy S/Cer, however I was very impressed when I read Lidio's "Rant" article about conservative performance tuning of S/Ced Mustangs which only have cast pistons which are weaker than the Hyperuetectic pistons that our Marauders have. And remember, if something goes on a S/Ced engine, it's almost always the pistons, and /or the head gaskets first. That's why I previously mentioned to Hitchhiker in this thread that he should go to Lidio's site, and read his "Rant" article.

I believe that there's always a risk to durability whenever you increase an engine's power significantly, but I also believe according to what I've read and heard in my conversations w/engine tuners over the phone, that the risk is greatly reduced if the tuning (ignition timing, and air/fuel ratio) is kept conservative to be on the safe side, as well as the boost level also remaining conservative. And from what I've read, and heard, Lidio is one of those engine tuners who IS conservative w/his approach.

Yes, Lidio might be pushing the envelope w/his car, but he doesn't go that far w/his customers' cars as he has went w/his own car. And like I've also previously pointed out, Lidio is the tuner who Trilogy uses to burn all their chips for their Marauder S/Cer kits.