PDA

View Full Version : Bravo, Lidio!

SergntMac
04-21-2004, 05:18 PM
This months's MM&FF (pg 126) examines a new K&N AirCharger for the Cobra Mustang. K&N claimed a 25 RWHP gain, and MM&FF said prove it. They did.

MM&FF found a bone stock '03 Cobra Mustang, and a highly reputable mod shop, and went to work The shop did a very careful before and after, and announced the findings. It's true, 25 RWHP, 10 RWTQ. Gee, I hope K&N's exploration into the Marauder comes out this good.

Nice job, Lidio, at being the reputable mod shop for MM&FF. Great article, good pics. Trustworthy results.

Bravo!

jstevens
04-21-2004, 05:31 PM
Don't mean to sound stupid, but whats MM&FF mean?

Bigdogjim
04-21-2004, 05:33 PM
Way to go!!

National news is the best! :up:

MARAUDER S/C
04-21-2004, 05:51 PM
Don't mean to sound stupid, but whats MM&FF mean?
I believe its a magazine--Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords :coolman:

Glenn
04-21-2004, 07:47 PM
O.K. I will be stupid. How does an "Aircharger" differ from an air box.

Glenn

Lidio
04-21-2004, 08:26 PM
Thanks for noticing MAC…. I haven’t even seen that yet!!

That K&N filter charger kit that we did for the magazine really was worth and honest 26-30RWHP at my facilities when we tried and tested it. I’ve never seen a part of that nature realize that type of gain before. But it kinda goes with out saying on the Cobra being supercharged and all. It’s no secret to us that on the ’03 Cobra’s and many other supercharged applications that the more you can do to free up air flow on the intake track that it can produce big gains.

That K&N kit for the Cobra is more then a simple filter…. It adds a very well thought out and shaped plastic piece that makes a very nice bell mouth that adapts beautifully to the 90mm MAF that the Cobras come with.

Thanks and hope fully I’ll read that soon.

bigslim
04-21-2004, 08:52 PM
I already knew that you were great Lidio. You are my hero. Way to get published.

junehhan
04-21-2004, 10:05 PM
Out of curiosity Lidio, do you guys ever plan on creating a intake setup for the Marauders? I just love the roar that open intake based systems have. I would imagine a box would have to be designed to help shield it from some of the heat though, right?

MARAUDER S/C
04-22-2004, 04:02 AM
Thanks for noticing MAC…. I haven’t even seen that yet!!

That K&N filter charger kit that we did for the magazine really was worth and honest 26-30RWHP at my facilities when we tried and tested it. I’ve never seen a part of that nature realize that type of gain before. But it kinda goes with out saying on the Cobra being supercharged and all. It’s no secret to us that on the ’03 Cobra’s and many other supercharged applications that the more you can do to free up air flow on the intake track that it can produce big gains.

That K&N kit for the Cobra is more then a simple filter…. It adds a very well thought out and shaped plastic piece that makes a very nice bell mouth that adapts beautifully to the 90mm MAF that the Cobras come with.

Thanks and hope fully I’ll read that soon.

Can we expect these kind of gains on a S/C Marauder when K&N comes out with the kit for the Marauders?

Lidio
04-22-2004, 07:08 PM
Can we expect these kind of gains on a S/C Marauder when K&N comes out with the kit for the Marauders?

I don’t know if just a K&N kit of this nature will wake up a SC’d MM quite as much but I’m sure it will do something. The ’03 Cobras come with a 90mm MAF and the MM’s have an 80mm MAF. I think the bigger Cobra meter will respond better to the K&N filter charger kit then the MM meter but I’m sure the MM meter will show some gains with a filter charger kit too.

On my own MM when it had the Trilogy on it at first with only the Apten porting done to it and the stock 3.4” blower pulley… just going to a Pro-M 80mm made it gain about 1.5psi and about 15-RWHP!! Mind you this is going from the stock 80mm to a better shaped Pro-M 80mm with a K&N and a good shaped bell mouth in the meter.

We are not planning on making any intake or revised air box’s for the MM’s. They run very well with the stock air box with and with out a Trilogy blower from what we’ve seen so far. I’ve learned on my dyno that the MM’s do not respond at all or very little to replacement K&N’s and replacement meters in general. Even once their Trilogy’d they only really seem to gain from a complete Pro-M replacement meter.

Thanks

MARAUDER S/C
04-23-2004, 04:03 AM
Thanks Lidio