PDA

View Full Version : Is this the new etiquette?

Meteorite
04-21-2004, 06:10 PM
I was driving my son home from his karate practice. I'm in the left lane, at a stop light, eastbound on 13 Mile, when this skinhead kid in a black Pontiac SSE pulls up. He proceeds to roll down his window and give me the finger, for about 15 seconds.

Is this the new street etiquette for challenging someone to race? Or was he just pissed off that I had a better car than he did? :beatnik:

duhtroll
04-21-2004, 06:15 PM
So why didn't you burn him?

-A

MarauderMike
04-21-2004, 06:19 PM
I guess I would have asked him if he was displaying his I.Q. results. :uzi:

Bigdogjim
04-21-2004, 06:19 PM
Think it's a "Detroit" thing :mad:

hitchhiker
04-21-2004, 06:26 PM
I was driving my son home from his karate practice. I'm in the left lane, at a stop light, eastbound on 13 Mile, when this skinhead kid in a black Pontiac SSE pulls up. He proceeds to roll down his window and give me the finger, for about 15 seconds.

Is this the new street etiquette for challenging someone to race? Or was he just pissed off that I had a better car than he did? :beatnik:

Too bad you didn't have a large caliber gun to point at him.

That would have puckered him up!

:lol:

Meteorite
04-21-2004, 06:31 PM
So why didn't you burn him?

-A

Trying to be a good example to my son ...

nexstar7
04-21-2004, 06:38 PM
by you showing him the tail pipes would have been a polite middle finger to him. ;)

merc406
04-21-2004, 06:42 PM
It's hard to say anymore these days, really hard...... :confused:

MarauderMark
04-21-2004, 06:57 PM
It's hard to say anymore these days, really hard...... :confused:

Very true!!!ya never know.

woaface
04-21-2004, 07:49 PM
Yeah take your middle finger and rub your eyebrow and then be like "hey kid, my son is in the car.

I don't know, what an ass of a kid, although some guys in a Neon did that to me a few weeks ago! Said I was in "grandma's car"

Then I called his Neon a toy and him a kid (he was about 18 or 19) and then I immediately blew out a tire...good times.

BTW I've driven an SSE...MAN what a boat! It rocked back and forth worse than my friends 22' catalina!

SergntMac
04-21-2004, 07:53 PM
It's hard to say anymore these days, really hard.
Agreed, with emphasis.

Please...Pause to consider "accents" or, "dialects," in my reply, K?

Please consider our regional differences, what's different between us posting here, and what that 411 means to us in our daily lives out there, in the street, in real time, before you take anyone's advice.

Here in my "windy city," describing someone as a "skinhead" would predict Neo-Nazi beliefs to any windy city LEO. I'm not sure on this, but I've heard from good sources that "motor city" LEOs believe that drug dealers have embraced our beloved Marauder as one cool car.

Not a good mix, but we can't help this. It was bound to happen somewhere. Nonetheless, anywhere in America, skinheads and drug dealers are not friendly towards each other, so, if you had shown him any caliber, you would have lost that race real fast.

Regardless of your son's presence, you did the right thing. If and when it happens again, call the police with jurisdiction for where you are standing at that moment, and report a "road rage" assault. Collect what visual 411 you can, and report the intrusion. Do not get yourself caught in this subtle war.

However...You could brake torque to 2K, bust 'em loose and smoke 'em up...Skinheads will love your power, and applaud your display with a "pass" because of your cool. Chancy, yes. But, it's worked for me.

This is ricey, I know. But, stickers and decals help. My rear quater windows explain who I am.

Dave (MI2QUK4U) has done more for y'all than you know with his stickers. Get a set of his "motor city" decals, K? They do say a lot.

MI2QWK4U
04-21-2004, 08:02 PM
Dave (MI2QUK4U) has done more for y'all than you know with his stickers. Get a set of his "motor city" decals, K? They do say a lot.

Mac, I had them do a prototype of my Decal that will read "WINDY CITY MARAUDERS" with the same center gods head in it. If there is a desire, I will glady make up a batch for you if you like.
Dave

bigslim
04-21-2004, 09:11 PM
I bet he won't go down on Mack and Kercheval and do that. Somebody would "Pop a Cap in dat A$$".

merc406
04-21-2004, 09:26 PM
I bet he won't go down on Mack and Kercheval and do that. Somebody would "Pop a Cap in dat A$$".

That "cap poppin crap" :shot: is gettin close down here by the water, not but 6 miles from here they got drive by's goin on. Glad I live on the other side of 8ml. :lol: but those really rich people over there better watch their butts. :uzi: The East side of Detroit is becoming more of a killing field every week. Unemployment maybe at 6.9 in Mich. as reported by the state, but as we know the real numbers are higher. I expect more of the same and with kids carring guns and in stolen cars, it is wise not to get into confrontation's on the road. Becareful out their, anywhere.

ParkRanger
04-22-2004, 08:48 AM

Should have asked, "Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?"

PR :burnout:

:D

Dr Caleb
04-22-2004, 09:42 AM
I'd have just blown him a kiss. But then again, I live in a place where almost no one is armed.

Meteorite
04-22-2004, 09:43 AM
Should have asked, "Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?"

PR :burnout:

:D

Ha ha! That would've been great! :D

Haggis
04-22-2004, 09:54 AM
...or you could have picked your nose and asked him if he wanted some. Sharing is such joy. :cool4: :puke:

Jeff
04-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Man! Y'all need to move down here where it is sane!! :shake:

O's Fan Rich
04-22-2004, 11:12 AM
Hey! You're number one, too!
I just bust out laughing when I'm "given the high sign". It just hurts sooooo bad, ohhhh I'm sooooo offended.
Dumba$$es.