PDA

View Full Version : Our next CAM meet...

Haggis
04-22-2004, 09:17 AM
Ok Spring is here the birds are singing and the bug are out. Many of you know that I have tried to get the Capitial Area Marauders together and I even tried to start a Local list of our members, not to much sucess. We have had one official Meet so far for our area and with the snow gone and the temperture rising I hope we can have more this Summer. We now have more members in the area, so we can now expect larger turnouts. Right?? So lets start hearing some ideas, instead of always meeting at a restraunt does somebody know of a nice area where we could have a picnic and some outdoor games. Does anyone have a large enough yard that would like to sponsor a cook out, a pool would be an added bonus. Well what do you all say, lets get thoughs brains working and ideas flowing.

merc
04-22-2004, 09:53 AM
A good place to start is with a list of members. Ideas can be formulated with commitments. I personally would vote for a picnic that’s my 2 cents.

:pimp:

MAD-3R
04-22-2004, 10:08 AM
PICNIC!!

I volonteer The Wife to bring develed Eggs!!

merc
04-22-2004, 10:19 AM
Remember that this club is having thier outdoor meet also and they have thousands of members.

MAD-3R
04-22-2004, 10:20 AM
Hmmm lunch...

Bluerauder
04-22-2004, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=Haggis]Ok Spring is here the birds are singing and the bug are out. "snip" QUOTE]

Here in Virginia, we gets bugs in bunches rather than "eaches". You're lucky ....
:lol:

I am in for a Picnic or whatever. Got a date in mind??

Haggis
04-22-2004, 11:05 AM
A good place to start is with a list of members. Ideas can be formulated with commitments. I personally would vote for a picnic that’s my 2 cents.

:pimp:

There you go with those negitive vibes again, ma..a..a..n. :lol:

What's a little extra protein. I here they taste good on the barbi.

Murader03
04-22-2004, 01:24 PM
Ok Spring is here the birds are singing and the bug are out. Many of you know that I have tried to get the Capitial Area Marauders together and I even tried to start a Local list of our members, not to much sucess. We have had one official Meet so far for our area and with the snow gone and the temperture rising I hope we can have more this Summer. We now have more members in the area, so we can now expect larger turnouts. Right?? So lets start hearing some ideas, instead of always meeting at a restraunt does somebody know of a nice area where we could have a picnic and some outdoor games. Does anyone have a large enough yard that would like to sponsor a cook out, a pool would be an added bonus. Well what do you all say, lets get thoughs brains working and ideas flowing.

I'm for it, Dot's for it. I've got a big yhard, but my pool isn't open as of yet. BUT, that's get something rolling here.......

Haggis
04-22-2004, 06:06 PM
I'm for it, Dot's for it. I've got a big yhard, but my pool isn't open as of yet. BUT, that's get something rolling here.......

How big is the pool and when does it open?? Ok party at Bob's, all we need now is a date?

Murader03
04-22-2004, 10:13 PM
How big is the pool and when does it open?? Ok party at Bob's, all we need now is a date?

The pool is 16x36 inground with diving board. Sorry, the play (shallow) end isn't really that large, maybe 12x16. I have both a fenced yard around the pool plus room on the outside for parking, volley ball, whatever. Pool probably won't get opened prior to mid May to heat up. Takes about 2 weeks of 80 degree days to get the temp up enough to swim without freezing your A$$ off. At this point in time, the first 2 weeks in June are "OUT!"

Haggis
05-04-2004, 08:28 AM
May is out! How about a Saturday in June?

Bluerauder
05-04-2004, 08:37 AM
May is out! How about a Saturday in June?
Murader03 says that the first 2 weeks of June are out -- think he is headed south for some mod work. Guess that leaves 19 and 26 June. Either is good for me right now.

Murader03
05-04-2004, 11:01 PM
Let's shoot for the 26th of June as I am on call at work the 19th. That date can be changed with enough notice and I can swap weekends with one of the other guys. Now, all we need is to find a place. I don't know if I'll have the pool open. With costs of electric going up, and other costs, I may not open it at all. Doesn't cost anything to keep the winter cover on and not running the pump and filter.......

Murader03
05-06-2004, 12:21 AM
Well, I don't know what will be happening between now and the end of June. I will say this that the pool won't be available for our meet if we have it at my home. Will be changing job locations and it looks like a shift change as well. The location will be closer to home, but the shift change will hurt the pocket book in a drastic way. Thankfully, all the fees for MVII have been paid except for the gas/food/lodging for the trip. That's been stashed....

Anyway, if anyone else has suggestions, let's hear'em.......