PDA

View Full Version : radio controls

Wags
07-26-2002, 04:19 AM
Hey everyone,

Nice site. I have a question on the radio controls. In my manual, it says that there are preset equalizer settings for the radio. I don't seem to have them.:( Was this for an optional radio, or is that feature just not there? I thought that the only two options were the multidisk and the trunk organizer?

Thanks,

Pete

MarauderMike
07-26-2002, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Wags
Hey everyone,

Nice site. I have a question on the radio controls. In my manual, it says that there are preset equalizer settings for the radio. I don't seem to have them.:( Was this for an optional radio, or is that feature just not there? I thought that the only two options were the multidisk and the trunk organizer?

Thanks,

Pete
The equalizier is part of the DSP system and has three preset modes, "Driver Seat, All Seats, Rear Seats" Choose the mode by using the DSP controls. Page 29 in the owners manual.

Jim
07-26-2002, 07:06 AM
My owners manual indicates that there are DSP functions for 'Hall' and others, as well as the 'seat' based change. Only the 'Seat' changes actually work on the radio. A check of the OASIS broadcast messages shows the following:

3001 - 2003 TOWN CAR AUDIOPHILE ALPINE RADIO DSP (DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING)

FOR 2003 MERCURY MARAUDER AND TOWN CAR EQUIPPED WITH THE AUDIOPHILE ALPINE RADIO AND THE DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING (DSP) FEATURE, THE OWNER'S GUIDE INCORRECTLY DESCRIBES THE DSP FEATURE. THE DSP FEATURE NO LONGER ALLOWS THE OPERATOR TO CHANGE THE SIGNAL LISTENING MODE TO (HALL, NEWS, CONCERT, ETC.), AS IN PREVIOUS MODELS. THE DSP SIGNAL LISTENING MODE FEATURE HAS BEEN DELETED IN THE AUDIOPHILE ALPINE RADIO AND IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED. THE DSP FUNCTION NOW ONLY ALLOWS THE CHANGE OF SPEAKER EQUALIZATION TO 'ALL SEATS MODE' TO 'DRIVER SEAT' AND 'REAR SEATS'.

So, I guess it's normal that it doesn't work, and it's only the Owners Manual that's broken!

-Jim

Wags
07-26-2002, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I knew about the three different settings for balance, but couldn't figure out why the other feature didn't work. I guess it's like the traction control feature that's in the manual!

Thanks again!

Logan
07-26-2002, 11:11 AM
At least traction control WILL be on the cars come this fall.

GarageMahal
07-26-2002, 01:02 PM
Thanks for posting the quote Jim. You answered a question I have had about the radio since day one.

jta

Fourth Horseman
07-27-2002, 01:16 AM
Now if I could figure out a way to get good bass out of the system without the subwoofer "pop" I'd be a happy camper.

Jim
07-27-2002, 04:02 AM
Aha!

Here's one for you; I'll be more deeply investigating that subwoofer issue today, but here's won discovery so far. I've determined that one noise I get from mine is actually the package shelf itself, rattling. From inside the trunk, I wedged some foam between the actual upholstered package shelf, and the metal that it rests on.. Poof. No more rattle.

I should have pics and perhaps an additional suggestion or 2 after today's all-day Marauder-a-thon, when I install my chip, plugs, and thermostat, and as well install the car kit for my phone and complete the hardwiring of my V1.

Should be fun.

-Jim