PDA

View Full Version : No Air From The Vents

hugojax
11-23-2014, 04:15 AM
2003 Ford Taurus wont blow air out of the vents. Its mostly coming out from the defroster. I put on a used a/c compressor and afterwards i started tinkering elsewhere and hit the orange vacuum line that was so brittle that it broke. I used a piece of hose to connect the line together. I also checked the blend door actuater thats behind the radio and that moves fine when i change the temp. Could it be the control unit itself or another issue? Thanks for the help.

fastblackmerc
11-23-2014, 06:39 AM
Probably the EATC.

hugojax
11-25-2014, 12:50 PM
I changed the eatc and still have the same issue. What else could it be?

fastblackmerc
11-26-2014, 05:37 AM
I changed the eatc and still have the same issue. What else could it be?

Changed it with what? If it was a used EATC it could still have the same problem.

Could also be a vacuum leak. Check the hoses under the dash from the back of the EATC to the vacuum motors. Check the vacuum lines under the hood.

hugojax
11-26-2014, 06:29 AM
Yea I got a used one off a 2001. It did cross my mind it could have the same issue. I checked the line from the eatc and it was ok. Would I need to take the dash off to check the vacuum line that runs thru the firewall? I checked the hose this vacuum line runs into and that was ok. Is there a diagram of the vacuum lines? I also read that these cars have a known issue with the blower motor resistor and the blower motor. i didn't hear the motor come on. I did feel the air faintly coming out of the vents.

fastblackmerc
11-26-2014, 07:26 AM
Yea I got a used one off a 2001. It did cross my mind it could have the same issue. I checked the line from the eatc and it was ok. Would I need to take the dash off to check the vacuum line that runs thru the firewall? I checked the hose this vacuum line runs into and that was ok. Is there a diagram of the vacuum lines? I also read that these cars have a known issue with the blower motor resistor and the blower motor. i didn't hear the motor come on. I did feel the air faintly coming out of the vents.

If the fan isn't working, tap the BCM, if the fan starts working the BCM is bad and needs to be replaced or repaired.
Are you getting vacuum to the EATC? It's the center (black) hose I believe.
Is there air coming out of the defroster vents?

hugojax
11-26-2014, 03:47 PM
Yes there is air coming out the defroster vents. The BCM is the blower motor under the dash on the passenger side rite? I tapped on it but I really didn't hear it going. II'll check for vacuum tomorrow.

RF Overlord
11-26-2014, 04:13 PM
The BCM is the blower motor under the dash on the passenger side rite? No, the BCM (Blower Control Module) is mounted on the firewall behind the passenger side cam cover.

And the blower motor is in the engine compartment, too, not under the dash, so I don't know what you were tapping on...

hugojax
12-02-2014, 03:55 AM
I went to the dealership to get an idea of what the bcm looked like and he told me the model I have doesn't have this due to having manuel controls. I should have mentioned that before and I do apologize for that. He told me other than a vacuum leak it could be a door stuck, a door motor is bad, or a foreign object is stuck in the dash somewhere. If I unplug the black and yellow lines from behind the eatc, should I feel suction correct? I found out I was tapping the blower fan under the dash.

RF Overlord
12-02-2014, 07:15 AM
I found out I was tapping the blower fan under the dash Sorry, I thought you were talking about a Marauder. Disregard my comments above.
I went to the dealership to get an idea of what the bcm looked like and he told me the model I have doesn't have this due to having manuel controls.
If I unplug the black and yellow lines from behind the eatc, should I feel suction correct? So do you have manual controls or do you have EATC?

hugojax
12-02-2014, 07:33 AM
Its manual

fastblackmerc
12-02-2014, 09:18 AM
You need to see if the other vacuum motors work when switching to different modes.

hugojax
12-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Would these be under the dash?

fastblackmerc
12-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Would these be under the dash?

Yes, small silver "cans" with an arm on one end and vacuum port on the other end. The arm is connected to a lever that works the related door. You can usually pop off the arm and see if the door(s) are working.

Have you checked any Taurus forums?

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/82-maintenance-repair/

http://www.fordtaurus.net/forums/

http://www.taurusowners.com/

You might get better help.

hugojax
12-02-2014, 10:14 PM
thanks for the info. yea ive been poking around other forums, but it seems the people here were more responsive.

hugojax
01-03-2015, 04:14 AM
I finally got back around to fixing this issue. The vacuum line that runs thru the firewall on the passenger side needed to be fixed. It was a bit difficult to find with the wire harness in the way. I went to O'Reilly's and got a piece of vacuum hose to fix it. Thanks again for the help guys.

RF Overlord
01-03-2015, 03:28 PM
Thanks for reporting back with the fix...so many times people ask for help and then never respond with what the fix was.