PDA

View Full Version : LCM TROUBLE CONTINUES

chucky
11-23-2014, 04:30 PM
The lighting control module in my MM started acting up my local dealer ordered one for me. after about a month I called to check they didn't have it yet but they offered to install an aftermarket one I didn't have much choice so I let them. Now my headlights come on regardless of the switches position. The switch is off and the lights are on. At first I thought the new LCM had a daytime running light feature... Cool. NO the headlights cycle on and off at times but usually stay on until the key is turned off.

Has anybody experienced anything like this?

lji372
11-23-2014, 04:39 PM
just have yours fixed
headache done

RF Overlord
11-24-2014, 12:44 PM
they offered to install an aftermarket one I didn't have much choice so I let them. Was this the infamous Dorman LCM piggyback repair module? If so, then send your LCM to fastblackmerc and get it fixed correctly.

fastblackmerc
11-24-2014, 01:08 PM
Was this the infamous Dorman LCM piggyback repair module? If so, then send your LCM to fastblackmerc and get it fixed correctly.

Either the "Dorman" fix or they put wrong LCM in.

ChiTownMaraud3r
11-24-2014, 02:06 PM
The lighting control module in my MM started acting up my local dealer ordered one for me. after about a month I called to check they didn't have it yet but they offered to install an aftermarket one I didn't have much choice so I let them. Now my headlights come on regardless of the switches position. The switch is off and the lights are on. At first I thought the new LCM had a daytime running light feature... Cool. NO the headlights cycle on and off at times but usually stay on until the key is turned off.

My grand marquis has done something similar. If you turn the lights on at night using the auto feature, then turn the switch off manually, they will stay on until the car shuts off. Mine will stay off if I start the car with the switch off though.

Marauderman
11-24-2014, 04:04 PM

You are young in time (post count)on this car forum--so contact "fastblackmerc" via PM (private message)-- he fix's them for us all for life of the car for you!!

rauder88
11-25-2014, 03:57 PM
As said before contact fastblackmerc if you haven't already, he's even posted in this thread. The Doorman module is junk and comes unplugged from the LCM

Black_Sunshine
11-25-2014, 06:30 PM
I've found that if you unplug the switch the lights turn on and stay on. <-- probably unrelated. lol

Ford is screwing the pooch on this one. My dealer told me to wait for them to get one. They said in the mean-time I could bypass the LCM.

Ummmm, No.

I went to the j/y and pulled 3 '05 LCMs for about $15 a piece.

Maybe by the time these run out Ford will give me a new one. Also, someone pointed out to me that Ford's new LCM probably isn't improved. It's just new.

fastblackmerc
11-26-2014, 05:31 AM
I've found that if you unplug the switch the lights turn on and stay on. <-- probably unrelated. lol

Ford is screwing the pooch on this one. My dealer told me to wait for them to get one. They said in the mean-time I could bypass the LCM.

Ummmm, No.

I went to the j/y and pulled 3 '05 LCMs for about $15 a piece.

Maybe by the time these run out Ford will give me a new one. Also, someone pointed out to me that Ford's new LCM probably isn't improved. It's just new.
I don't know if there is a way to bypass the LCM.

Have you tried the '05 LCM's? They may not work.

robertmoreno14
11-26-2014, 09:18 PM
i also had the LCM problem, i had bought the dorman bypass module(POS) btw. it kept my lights on even in the off position. skip the dorman route. and do the relay swaps. I did mine in 45 minutes time. thanks to a thread on this site. but as many suggest, just have fastblackmerc fix it and avoid a imminent serious injury or collision due to the lights going out on you.

chucky
12-02-2014, 07:52 AM
What they installed is a reman cardone LCM part numbers 73-71002. I have another appointment tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes

fastblackmerc
12-02-2014, 09:16 AM
What they installed is a reman cardone LCM part numbers 73-71002. I have another appointment tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes

It won't be fixed until they install the correct LCM... but then again even that one will fail eventually.

DrZ
12-13-2014, 03:55 AM
Ford recall 14n-01 Ford will replace the LCM free of charge if you have under 250,000 miles on vehicle. Ford will cover Marauders regardless of ownership from new or purchased used. It is true that the parts are not available in NY at this time. WHY? I can't get an answer from Ford Customer Care. NHTSA has been notified and I am still waiting for a solution to this easy to fix problem. I own two Marauders with one LCM acting up now. Some dealers outside the NYC area have them and will change the LCM free of charge. Good luck! I agree to fix anything on my Marauder myself but I want my two Marauders bone stock everything working properly. No aftermarket parts from a Ford dealership should be accepted! :shake:

fastblackmerc
12-13-2014, 05:52 AM
Ford recall 14n-01 Ford will replace the LCM free of charge if you have under 250,000 miles on vehicle. Ford will cover Marauders regardless of ownership from new or purchased used. It is true that the parts are not available in NY at this time. WHY? I can't get an answer from Ford Customer Care. NHTSA has been notified and I am still waiting for a solution to this easy to fix problem. I own two Marauders with one LCM acting up now. Some dealers outside the NYC area have them and will change the LCM free of charge. Good luck! I agree to fix anything on my Marauder myself but I want my two Marauders bone stock everything working properly. No aftermarket parts from a Ford dealership should be accepted! :shake:

I can fix them for you. Lifetime of the car guaranty.

vegasmarauder
12-15-2014, 05:05 PM
fastblackmerc's work is A+

fastblackmerc
12-15-2014, 05:06 PM
fastblackmerc's work is A+

Thank you!

detrailers
03-20-2015, 02:14 PM
mine just started doing this, so what did you end up doing for the repair?

rauder88
03-20-2015, 02:46 PM
mine just started doing this, so what did you end up doing for the repair?

Get it fixed by FBM.

detrailers
03-20-2015, 03:24 PM
If he has one sitting around yes, but since this is my DD for the moment I might not be able to. I was inquiring what the OP ended up doing....

fastblackmerc
03-20-2015, 03:49 PM
I have one repaired and ready to send out.

Logizyme
03-20-2015, 03:56 PM
The Ford LCM's are on intergalactic back order. We emergency order them on a per-customer basis, and when they come in we install them.

If you make enough fuss with corporate Ford you can get the dealer authorization to install an aftermarket one which will be a reman Cardone or Dorman(not the piggy-back repair), but that'll close the FSA and not allow you to get a free Ford one in the future.

I mean its free, so you can get it and be good for another 10 years, or you could do the FBM repair or whatever. You know what the problem is, you know how to fix it, so go get em tiger.

detrailers
03-20-2015, 06:19 PM
I have one repaired and ready to send out.
I'll take it... Pm me your Paypal

O's Fan Rich
03-21-2015, 10:56 AM
Gotta say, I would never rely on the stock LCM. I have the wiring harness with relays on my Vic from a very good guy on cv.net. the lights work better and the lcm does not carry the power load.
I did the suv lights harness on the MM, but this harness works way better.

fastblackmerc
04-01-2015, 02:10 PM
Gotta say, I would never rely on the stock LCM. I have the wiring harness with relays on my Vic from a very good guy on cv.net. the lights work better and the lcm does not carry the power load.
I did the suv lights harness on the MM, but this harness works way better.

Your still using the relay inside the LCM.