PDA

View Full Version : Headlight switch removal help?

Windsor58
11-27-2014, 02:41 AM
Can anyone tell me how to remove the headlight switch module? I got a new one but I can't seem to get the old module out. I tried prying the top since there is only one clip up there but it doesn't seem like it will release. Also tried sides and bottom without success. I am afraid to put even more force on it for fear it will break something. Is there a trick? Should I try removing the vent right next to it? If so, how? I tried gently pulling and prying on the vent too, with no success. Do I need a special tool to get either the switch or the vent out?
Any suggestions?
Please help me before I get even more boneheaded and break something! :bigcry:
Thanks

Marauderjack
11-27-2014, 03:37 AM
IIRC it just snaps into place??:confused:

If ya break it removing it why worry since you are replacing it, right??:shake:

See photo!!

I have removed mine when removing the dash bezel by unplugging it then deflecting the locking tabs from behind!!:beer:

larryo340
11-27-2014, 07:10 AM
^^^^^+1

....don't I repeat don't try to pry to pull or pry the vent IT WILL NOT COME OUT FROM THE FRONT !!!! You will break it.

Windsor58
12-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Thanks guys. I just wasn't prying hard enough. It also helped to get better pry tools. I finally got it out and replaced. I didn't want to damage the old switch since I wasn't sure it was bad. It wasn't. So now its my backup. And thanks for the warning on the vent. I was going to try that but I saw your warning in time. So thanks to you both.