PDA

View Full Version : AER Car Show May 1

Racerx88
04-23-2004, 08:07 AM
We need to have a large MM group attend the AER Car Show on May 1. This has been one of the best shows around for 14 years with usually over 100 cars attending. Lots of cars, good food, an air conditioned gathering room, and you get to see all of AER's car museum (http://www.aermanufacturing.com/about/museum.html)with their race cars and restored cars, including a Boss 429 Mustang.

I'll be there!

For more info ClickyClick (http://www.aermanufacturing.com/events/)

Redster
04-24-2004, 08:47 PM
Do you mean MM's as entries?

Racerx88
04-26-2004, 06:29 AM
Do you mean MM's as entries?
Ofcourse! The more the merrier. We had 14 cars at the cruise the other night, and that was on a rainy day. If the weather is nice next Saturday, I wonder how many we can gather. Logan told me he was gonna make it, and I'll be there, but how many more of you can make it?

Logan
04-26-2004, 08:52 AM
I'll definately be there. I might even shine stuff up for it. :)

2003 MIB
04-26-2004, 08:56 AM
I'll definately be there. I might even shine stuff up for it. :)

Cool! - That'll save me the $20 entry fee.. :up:

Racerx88
04-26-2004, 09:10 AM
Cool! - That'll save me the $20 entry fee.. :up:
Oh, come on Dan, it's worth it. You'll get to park next to the coolest cars there (Logan's and mine!), you'll get a t-shirt, and a chance at TONS of door prizes. You wouldn't want to miss all that, would you??

2003 MIB
04-26-2004, 09:52 AM
Oh, come on Dan, it's worth it. You'll get to park next to the coolest cars there (Logan's and mine!), you'll get a t-shirt, and a chance at TONS of door prizes. You wouldn't want to miss all that, would you??

OMG!!! PEER PRESSURE!- okay, I'm in if I can get Coli to say it's alright.

Logan
04-26-2004, 10:35 AM
They give away alot of high dollar stuff. Worth the price just to get a 1 in 100 chance of winning somethin' actually worth some money. I mean, really, how often do you get a chance to own a electric individual beer can cooler anyway?

Racerx88
04-26-2004, 02:57 PM
................... I mean, really, how often do you get a chance to own a electric individual beer can cooler anyway?
That's COLD Logan. (pun intended)

:bigcry:

Logan
04-26-2004, 04:28 PM
hheheheh... :D

2003 MIB
04-27-2004, 08:47 AM
Okay, so who's going? Logan, Racerx88, me and who else?

Johnman
04-27-2004, 04:34 PM
Count me in!! :baaa:

2003 MIB
04-28-2004, 03:43 AM
Count me in!! :baaa:

Silver, Blue and Black- not bad, folks... :up:

Racerx88
04-28-2004, 01:48 PM
Silver, Blue and Black- not bad, folks... :up:
Now all we need is a DTR, and we're set. :rock:

Redster
04-28-2004, 07:23 PM
Now all we need is a DTR, and we're set. :rock:

If you don't find anyone else with a DTR, I'll will get over there. Darned if I know when I'll get a chance to wash it. Would you settle for dirty Torredor Red? Does this show go on rain or shine?

Logan
04-28-2004, 07:57 PM
Dirty car will just get you turned away. This is a fairly high end show.

Redster
04-28-2004, 08:08 PM
Dirty car will just get you turned away. This is a fairly high end show.

Yeah, I know, I went there a couple of years ago. It was a sort of a pun. I was planning to pass on this weekend since the LSCC event is the following weekend. But if a DTR is needed I'll show. Not playing hard-to-get, but I have plenty of things to get caught up on around home.

2003 MIB
04-29-2004, 04:29 AM
If you don't find anyone else with a DTR, I'll will get over there. Darned if I know when I'll get a chance to wash it. Would you settle for dirty Torredor Red? Does this show go on rain or shine?

There's a pretty good car wash on the corner of Beltline and Marsh (Car Spa) that's not far from the show. I don't know about the rain policy. Dean?

rumble
04-29-2004, 05:51 AM
Unfortunately I won't be able to make this one. Sounds like a great time though.

Racerx88
04-29-2004, 06:31 AM
There's a pretty good car wash on the corner of Beltline and Marsh (Car Spa) that's not far from the show. I don't know about the rain policy. Dean?
Per the flyer I picked up at the Autorama, they have a rain date of May 8. So if it rains this Saturday they'll move it back a week. Don't know when they'll "make the call" though.....

cruzer
04-29-2004, 02:10 PM
Per the flyer I picked up at the Autorama, they have a rain date of May 8. So if it rains this Saturday they'll move it back a week. Don't know when they'll "make the call" though.....
If they have to delay it--it will conflict with t LSCC Charity Show :bounce:
Let's hope everything goes as planned :lol: Maury

Racerx88
04-29-2004, 02:29 PM
If they have to delay it--it will conflict with t LSCC Charity Show. Let's hope everything goes as planned Maury
If it makes you feel any better, the AER Show proceeds always benefit the Helen McGraw Kidney Texas, Inc. So you'll still get to donate to a good cause no matter which show(s) you go to. :up:

jfclancy
04-30-2004, 10:01 AM
If they have to delay it--it will conflict with t LSCC Charity Show :bounce:
Let's hope everything goes as planned :lol: Maury

Hey Wizard aka Maury!!!!
Any Chance of you using Your "Magic" Like you did for Chucks ?
You know Maury "said there would be NO RAIN " and during the show poof it was dry.

Joe

2003 MIB
04-30-2004, 10:11 AM
Hey Wizard aka Maury!!!!
Any Chance of you using Your "Magic" Like you did for Chucks ?
You know Maury "said there would be NO RAIN " and during the show poof it was dry.

Joe

Hey Big Joe!!
Maury also predicted (down to the hour) the Valentine's day snowfall. Nostradamus has nothing on Cruzer.... :banana2:

cruzer
04-30-2004, 08:31 PM
Hey Big Joe!!
Maury also predicted (down to the hour) the Valentine's day snowfall. Nostradamus has nothing on Cruzer.... :banana2:
No, I don't have a direct line to the weather gods, but I do have 33 years of trying to outguess the company weathermen. This system is rather typical of this time of year--it looks like tomorrow morning is going to be similar to last Sat--scattered showers til afternoon and clearing---I wouldn't want to have to call this one. Since this is a show car event, it will be difficult to arrive with a clean car unless you have a closed carrier. I hope they don't cancel, so we won't be competing with them next week--I want both charities to get the max. My attendance at AER is questionable now---the car is in the garage, all shined and ready, but some family plans changed tonite--will have to see in the morning. Keep youir fingers crossed :lol: Maury
NEWS FLASH!!! Weather moved faster than forcast---clearing by 6 AM with nice day all day :up: :up: :up: :up: :rock: :rock:

Logan
05-01-2004, 05:23 AM
New Newsflash. It's still raining and it's 7:30a with no sign of letting up.

2003 MIB
05-01-2004, 06:19 AM
It's nasty out and I'm staying home. I'll try again next weekend for LSCC show.

Racerx88
05-01-2004, 06:59 AM
According to the North Texas Mustang Club web site www.ntmc.org, the AER Show is rained out, and they've moved it back to their rain date of May 8. See you guys next week I guess!

Johnman
05-01-2004, 06:59 AM
See y'all at LSCC.

Logan
05-01-2004, 07:16 AM
Sigh... Maybe the weather will clear for their cruise tonight at cracker barrel...

cruzer
05-01-2004, 11:32 AM
Sorry, folks, for getting your hopes up---should have stuck with my gut feeling instead of believing the Weather channel---got lots of work done this morning--free for next week-end now--all positive vibes for good weather next week-end :lol: Maury

Logan
05-01-2004, 02:41 PM
Sigh... Weather sucks.

Redster
05-02-2004, 03:20 PM
Sorry, folks, for getting your hopes up---should have stuck with my gut feeling instead of believing the Weather channel---got lots of work done this morning--free for next week-end now--all positive vibes for good weather next week-end :lol: Maury

What's your gut feeling for next weekend? They are talking about the possibility of rain already on channel 5.

Logan
05-02-2004, 05:53 PM
Rain is beginning to annoy me. But then again, I don't have to spend money watering my lawn, sooooo..ummm... Mixed feelings.

Racerx88
05-03-2004, 06:22 AM
What's your gut feeling for next weekend? They are talking about the possibility of rain already on channel 5.
The weather report I saw on channel 5 this morning said clear through the weekend??? Wait 5 minutes and they'll change it, I'm sure.
:lol:

2003 MIB
05-03-2004, 06:28 AM
So, is the plan this weekend that we'll meet at LSCC or AER? I wanted to support the club show but if y'all are going to AER I'll go too.

Racerx88
05-03-2004, 06:39 AM
So, is the plan this weekend that we'll meet at LSCC or AER? I wanted to support the club show but if y'all are going to AER I'll go too.
I'll be at AER, but I think Logan and Maury will be at LSCC.
Looks like we need another roll call........

2003 MIB
05-03-2004, 06:43 AM
Okay, I think I'm probably leaning towrd LSCC...Support the club etc... Although I'll miss seeing D&G. I also plan to run the laps at TMS.

Logan
05-03-2004, 07:02 AM
I'm tossing and turning on it personally. I REALLY want to be at AER, but my conscience is telling me to be at the club show.

cruzer
05-03-2004, 08:30 PM
I'll be at LSCC--Lewisville is a long haul for me and I plan to go to TMS afterward. Hope to see you somewhere on Saturday. :rock: Maury
Keep your fingers crossed on the weather--right now it looks like the system will move North of us :lol:

cruzer
05-06-2004, 09:02 PM
I'll be at LSCC--Lewisville is a long haul for me and I plan to go to TMS afterward. Hope to see you somewhere on Saturday. :rock: Maury
Keep your fingers crossed on the weather--right now it looks like the system will move North of us :lol:
D---, I did it again---didn't reread the posting for AER---it's in CARROLTON !!!! :censor: :lol: :help: :cry: