PDA

View Full Version : What length Rca cables?

SIZEMOREMK
12-09-2014, 05:54 PM
How long of an rca cable will i need to go from head unit to trunk? Thinking 15 or 20 ft, but would rather not have too much slack to have to roll up and hide.

justbob
12-09-2014, 06:16 PM
I believe I measured and 15' was just too tight? Anyways, I went 20' and coiled it up nicely and stuffed it behind the back seat before entering the trunk.

Builder Of Badassery

fastblackmerc
12-09-2014, 07:16 PM
How long of an rca cable will i need to go from head unit to trunk? Thinking 15 or 20 ft, but would rather not have too much slack to have to roll up and hide.

How about measuring it?

ctrlraven
12-09-2014, 07:48 PM
I went with 20' and even ran them down along side the center console and under the carpet, I had several feet left over. I would go with 20' and run down the driver's side.

Spectragod
12-09-2014, 08:08 PM
20'foot, less won't be enough.

jwibbity
12-09-2014, 08:10 PM
How about measuring it?

Really????

:flamer:

8UWITH6
12-09-2014, 08:49 PM
18 to 20 ft you never want to not have enough length ;)

justbob
12-09-2014, 08:55 PM
18 to 20 ft you never want to not have enough length ;)

I thought it was all about the gauge Neil? :dunno:

Builder Of Badassery

fastblackmerc
12-10-2014, 05:33 AM
Really????

:flamer:

Yes really! :flamer:

Zack
12-10-2014, 07:01 AM
Yes really! :flamer:

Agreed. Nobody wants to do any work anymore.

fastblackmerc
12-10-2014, 07:03 AM
Agreed. Nobody wants to do any work anymore.

Help Me!

Help Me!

:violin:

jwibbity
12-10-2014, 07:57 AM
Since some people have already ran RCA cables from the head unit why go out and try to measure something, that you really cant get an accurate measurement on

RCA cables come in pretty close lengths from most car audio manufacturers, either 15,17, 20, or 21 so instead of guessing the length why not ask someone thats done it before..

If you don't know the length just go the next thread and somebody who does will answer....

to the OP, 20+ ft on the RCA cables will be plenty whether you run down the middle or down the sides of the car

SIZEMOREMK
12-10-2014, 08:52 AM
I have no idea how things are going to be routed just yet, and was planning to go ahead and order a cable. Was simple wondering if anyone remembered using a particular size.

I apologize for having wasted some of ya'lls time with questions due to my laziness.

fastblackmerc
12-10-2014, 09:18 AM
I have no idea how things are going to be routed just yet, and was planning to go ahead and order a cable. Was simple wondering if anyone remembered using a particular size.

I apologize for having wasted some of ya'lls time with questions due to my laziness.

Best way to route it is down the channels on the drivers side where the factory routes their cables. Plenty of room. Remove the sill plates and a few screws, can route the cables to the trunk without removing rear seat.

jwibbity
12-10-2014, 09:39 AM
I removed the front passenger seat and console to route both sets of RCA cables down the middle along the center console then out from underneath the center of the back seat.

A little bit more involved but it keeps the RCA's away from any type of power wires that can introduce "noise" to your system.

This was my only option because I have oversized 0 gauge on the driver side and will eventually have 2 sets of 12 gauge speaker wire running down both sides. Also because my RCA's are about as thick as a 8 gauge wire.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/mobile-audio/rca-cables/krystal-rca-kables/sp/krystal-kable-2-channel-6m-twisted-pair-rca-cable/

ctrlraven
12-10-2014, 10:16 AM
I removed the front passenger seat and console to route both sets of RCA cables down the middle along the center console then out from underneath the center of the back seat.

A little bit more involved but it keeps the RCA's away from any type of power wires that can introduce "noise" to your system.

This was my only option because I have oversized 0 gauge on the driver side and will eventually have 2 sets of 12 gauge speaker wire running down both sides. Also because my RCA's are about as thick as a 8 gauge wire.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/mobile-audio/rca-cables/krystal-rca-kables/sp/krystal-kable-2-channel-6m-twisted-pair-rca-cable/

Exactly why I ran mine down the middle, power down the passenger and speaker wire up the driver.

justbob
12-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Speaker, back up cam, and RCA's down the driver side, 0 or 2 gauge down the passenger. Zero issues.

Builder Of Badassery