PDA

View Full Version : It's almost that time again...

Anthony84
01-09-2015, 12:00 PM
For a great turn out and a day to spend way too much money on car care products!

SVTOA Seattle RENDEZVOUS
May 24th, 2015
Griot's Garage Store & Events Center
Tacoma, WA
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

We always have an amazing Panther turnout at this show, get lots of attention for our "cult", and last year had the biggest group of Marauders I've ever seen in person - plus we get our own class. Let's do it again guys!

Mebot
01-09-2015, 12:20 PM
Crap I already know I can't make this.

Anthony84
01-09-2015, 03:08 PM
You have four months notice?! No excuses bud. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mebot
01-09-2015, 03:44 PM
Sorry man, we have our flights booked already back to Virginia. Another wedding.

However to increase #s of Marauders present, who wants to drive my car and rep it at the show?

LOL

Logizyme
01-10-2015, 02:39 PM
I can make that happen ^

HeavyMetalMerc
01-10-2015, 04:15 PM
is the biggest how of the year, at least highest turn out to cause mustang owners to be nervous. lol

Mebot
01-10-2015, 04:54 PM
I can make that happen ^
Who's going to take your car?

Logizyme
01-13-2015, 06:25 PM
I just said I could make that happen. Didnt say how.

Mebot
01-13-2015, 07:34 PM
Let's chat at cars n coffee on Sunday

Logizyme
01-13-2015, 09:24 PM
Has it always been on memorial day weekend?

PuntyMario
01-14-2015, 12:23 AM
i gotta get more canadian guys to try to make it to this.

SNOOT
01-16-2015, 03:26 PM
I will go!!! Sorry work is slammed these days.. :violin:

Bad_S55
01-16-2015, 04:12 PM
However to increase #s of Marauders present, who wants to drive my car and rep it at the show?

LOL

DIBS!!!!! :drool:

Mebot
01-16-2015, 04:22 PM
DIBS!!!!! :drool:

lulz

you and logizyme can fight over it :banana2:

Jeronimojc
01-16-2015, 04:47 PM
Way to get the ball rolling early Anthony.

Anthony84
01-16-2015, 05:20 PM
Way to get the ball rolling early Anthony.

Gotta start planning early so people don't find a way to back out...like Mebot already did....

@Mebot: :beer:

Merrill
01-16-2015, 05:58 PM
I will plan on it, will try to get the wife to take her car too.

Mebot
01-16-2015, 06:12 PM
Dang already called out by Anthony. And Merrill, I've been wanting to meet your acquaintance. You're in the Pacific Northwest too. Pretty bummed I'm going to miss this but it's already been settled

teamrope
01-17-2015, 09:21 PM
Got my fan & temp gauge fixed. Count me in. :)

Anthony84
02-17-2015, 05:10 PM
I know a couple Marauders have changed hands here the PDX area after watching the Craigslist ads...anyone new here?

Sneak A Peak
02-26-2015, 09:10 PM
Yeah, just bought a 2003 Marauder. 98K miles. Bone stock. Had to upgrade to haul the kids around. So i found something with a little attitude. I have been trolling around here taking in the following these cars have. I think i have decided to start off with a stock tune from Mo's. The trans seems to hesitate a bunch when the converter cant decide to lock or not. Sounds like the tune will take care of that as well as add a couple more pony's, what are your guy's thoughts? What is the first thing that i should upgrade on this car? any other worth wile upgrades? If you don't mind, could you point me in the direction of threads you think i should read! Thanks in advance.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa364/darryl_e_pittman/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-02/20150215_172540.jpg

Logizyme
02-26-2015, 11:16 PM
So many things can be done. Depends what your going for.

Where about Washington are you?

MERCULES
02-27-2015, 03:59 AM
4:10 Gears + a tune from Mo= new car :)

Mebot
02-27-2015, 04:14 AM
Cold air intake from JLT

Sneak A Peak
02-27-2015, 08:39 AM
So many things can be done. Depends what your going for.

Where about Washington are you?

I am just looking for a dependable daily driver that puts a smile on my face!

Maple Valley, where the moss grows on everything.

4:10 Gears + a tune from Mo= new car :)

That was where I was headed. The rear end whines something fierce under acceleration anyhow. Should I get to that sooner or later than the tune? Would I have to buy another tune for the gear swap? That would make me think the gears first then the tune?

Cold air intake from JLT

Is there real benefits to the cold air intake? I was planning to get a K&N replacement filter and be done with it.

Thanks for all of the responses. I sure enjoyed driving into work this morning!

junior
02-27-2015, 09:02 AM
I thought I spotted a Marauder the other day. Whoever you buy the tune from can give you one for stock gears AND 4.10 gears. This way you already have the tune when it's time for the 4.10's. I had my Marauder for at least a year before the tune. Where's that "bump your head against the wall" emoticon. Get your tune asap, especially with the driving we do out here.

Sorry Anthony...didn't mean to derail your thread!

Anthony84
02-27-2015, 03:34 PM
Lol. No worries, Ken. Not a derail at all. You should come to the SVTOA show.

@Sneak A Peak - Glad to see another MM in the PNW! Mine came from Maple Valley actually (Thanks junior...still love it!!! Almsot at 60k now.) You better show up to some meets and get to know us. We always have a blast and the Griots show is an awesome place to get car care products. Ask my wife...I spend more on stuff there than I do products for myself!

1Marauder
02-27-2015, 08:30 PM
Yeah, just bought a 2003 Marauder. 98K miles. Bone stock. Had to upgrade to haul the kids around. So i found something with a little attitude. I have been trolling around here taking in the following these cars have. I think i have decided to start off with a stock tune from Mo's. The trans seems to hesitate a bunch when the converter cant decide to lock or not. Sounds like the tune will take care of that as well as add a couple more pony's, what are your guy's thoughts? What is the first thing that i should upgrade on this car? any other worth wile upgrades? If you don't mind, could you point me in the direction of threads you think i should read! Thanks in advance.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa364/darryl_e_pittman/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-02/20150215_172540.jpg

Black tube JLT and a tune. Don't wait another second.

SergntMac
02-28-2015, 12:07 AM
IMHO, do the gear swap and CAI before a tune. This will start you off right, and hold your attention while saving for and selecting the next big step.

What ever it may be, check in here BEFORE you add anything else. By and large, we have the best think tank ever for advice on mods. Lots of talent, let us help you before you mod, and your trip will be a smooth ride.

Y'all be safe.

Sneak A Peak
03-01-2015, 11:06 AM
I thought I spotted a Marauder the other day. Whoever you buy the tune from can give you one for stock gears AND 4.10 gears. This way you already have the tune when it's time for the 4.10's. I had my Marauder for at least a year before the tune. Where's that "bump your head against the wall" emoticon. Get your tune asap, especially with the driving we do out here.

Sorry Anthony...didn't mean to derail your thread!

Good Advice, thanks. Yeah, i think the tune is in my near future! I cant find one bad thread regarding the tune from mo's. When i order i will ask mo about both the tune for the stock gears as well as the 410's.

Lol. No worries, Ken. Not a derail at all. You should come to the SVTOA show.

@Sneak A Peak - Glad to see another MM in the PNW! Mine came from Maple Valley actually (Thanks junior...still love it!!! Almsot at 60k now.) You better show up to some meets and get to know us. We always have a blast and the Griots show is an awesome place to get car care products. Ask my wife...I spend more on stuff there than I do products for myself!

I cant make it to this particular gathering as i have some other plans that weekend. But the marauder will be our chariot to that wedding!
I do like a good product. On that topic, i have to say i got some mothers back to black and did all of the plastic trimming on the car and it made a world of difference. this car is from the wenatchee/chelan area and was subject to a lot of sun, so the black trimming was all faded(door key pad plastic was almost white). But not anymore! Did some spots on our other cars and boy, what a difference.

I will keep monitoring these forums to see if i can make another gathering. Thanks for the response.

IMHO, do the gear swap and CAI before a tune. This will start you off right, and hold your attention while saving for and selecting the next big step.

What ever it may be, check in here BEFORE you add anything else. By and large, we have the best think tank ever for advice on mods. Lots of talent, let us help you before you mod, and your trip will be a smooth ride.

Y'all be safe.

CAI? cold air intake? I got a k&N replacement filter on the way, i have never had any luck with intakes. Is there proven performance gains with one on the marauder?

Thanks for the response. I appreciate this great platform to transfer knowledge and experiences. It really helps me decide where the attention needs to go and what additions are worth the $. I am looking for a dependable Daily Driver that puts a smile on my face (not that it doesn't already).

Here is a question, at what point do you guys think this car needs bigger brakes? Mine work ok, but they arnt the greatest i have ever used.

Thanks for all of the responses, i hope to have this car for a long time.

Anthony84
03-02-2015, 04:45 PM
We usually do 2 -3 meets a year...usually all up in that region so myself and the four local Marauders in my area drive up there.

I'll agree the brakes aren't the best. The couple times I really needed them in a hurry I know I was questioning their ability!

The JLT is a great piece; we sell a lot of their products through our shop. The difference in sound was definitely nice, too.

I would also advise getiing the REAL Auto Meter gauges; but I like to have accuracy; not a dummy gauge. Plenty of threads on that here.

Logizyme
04-12-2015, 07:55 PM
Registration is open guys!

http://www.svtoaseattle.com/rendezvous-sign-up.html

Anthony84
04-13-2015, 08:57 AM
Are they not breaking the Marauders out to their own class like we did last year?

HeavyMetalMerc
04-16-2015, 01:58 PM
they will once they see enough pre registrations.

ace2184
04-21-2015, 05:44 PM
Registered and all ready to go. Now we patiently wait. Sidenote, everyone's posts have convinced me to do the 4.10 swap.

Anthony84
04-21-2015, 10:38 PM
4.10s make it a whole new car. Find a good reputable shop for tuning. I know one here if need be...good install work too.

HeavyMetalMerc
05-11-2015, 08:23 PM
getting close to that time.
us guys in north meeting at brown bear and cruise down together again?
meet at that strip mall before groits to all go in together?
they have a bigger parking lot then brown bear that we meet at last year.

thoughts

PuntyMario
05-15-2015, 05:58 PM
I was hoping id have a second canadian marauder to join the fun but my friend sold his. anyway i plan on coming out sat round 12 pm noon if anyone would like to meet up and such. hopefully i dont hit anything this time round lol

HeavyMetalMerc
05-16-2015, 01:02 PM
yes good luck in coming down safely, where abouts in seattle you staying

PuntyMario
05-17-2015, 02:54 PM
yes good luck in coming down safely, where abouts in seattle you staying

ive already talked with ryan about finding a hotel near his place and then meeting up with everyone for perhaps some drinks on sat

Logizyme
05-18-2015, 02:01 AM
Alright guys, same drill as last year.

Northerners meet for wash and quick detail starting at 8AM:
Brown Bear Car Wash, 16032 Aurora Avenue North, Shoreline, WA 98133

Convoy out at 8:50

All Panthers gather a few blocks away from Griots:
Brown Bear Car Wash, 3002 S 38th St, Tacoma, WA 98409

Convoy entering the show at 10:10.

Krispy Kreme Donuts after the show for those interested.

Southerners can arrange their own convoy to Tacoma.

HeavyMetalMerc
05-18-2015, 08:54 PM
sounds like a plan

ace2184
05-19-2015, 11:11 AM
Sounds like fun, now that it's close I'm excited to go. That being said, how long is the event normally? I unfortunately have other events going on the 24th (busy day), but I don't want to be a dick and scoot out to early. Especially since this will be my first time meeting everyone.

Logizyme
05-20-2015, 08:49 AM
The event ends at 3pm

ace2184
05-21-2015, 04:54 PM
That's not too bad.

Anthony84
05-22-2015, 04:24 PM
See you guys Sunday...gotta see how clean and polished I can get my car by then. The joys of apartment living and an overcast weekend weather forecast. Lol.

HeavyMetalMerc
05-22-2015, 08:52 PM
i was able to wash, clay bar, and wax today.
tomorrow will be windows, interior, and gathering of stuff for day.
wheels on sun morning lol the plan anyways

HeavyMetalMerc
05-24-2015, 11:44 PM
great showing today guys, and keep checking for next show and or local gathering.

Mebot
05-25-2015, 06:56 AM
ive already talked with ryan about finding a hotel near his place and then meeting up with everyone for perhaps some drinks on sat
Wait, did I miss a PM from you about this? I'm sorry I didn't see it.

Can't stop the signal...

Logizyme
05-29-2015, 08:41 AM
Different Ryan.

CNV Ryan not MM Ryan.