PDA

View Full Version : 410 gears

kashvili
12-29-2002, 11:05 AM
can anyone tell me how to have the 410's installed....and the approximate cost? thanks & happy holidays!

MICA Racing
05-21-2004, 05:34 PM
Buy a quality gearset from a reputable source (i.e. Ford Racing, Richmond, etc.) and have a good local drivetrain shop install the gearset. It's relatively straightforward; I've installed a few sets myself. The problem is in properly shimming the pinion gear, and this is why you need a good mechanic familiar with rearends. Ask around locally to find out who's good in your area. A few extra dollars spent here will save you a lot of headache down the road. Good Luck.

jspradii
05-21-2004, 05:41 PM
can anyone tell me how to have the 410's installed....and the approximate cost? thanks & happy holidays!
You can figure a couple hundred for a good set from Ford Racing (recommended) or Richmond Gear (also recommended), available through Dennis Reinhart (a supporting vendor), JEGS, or Summit Racing. An install by a qualified mechanic is a must, and will run also a couple hundred plus fluids, etc. I recommend Royal Purple both for the diff lube and additive to take care of the set. Good luck and enjoy the better low end response.:banana2: