PDA

View Full Version : Rookie

Redster
04-24-2004, 09:04 PM
I attended my first car show today at Chucks's but it creates some questions. Everywhere I looked people were spraying something on their cars and rubbing them down. I even saw people doing the same to their engine compartment. I confess my ignorance. What do you need to do to put your car in a show?

2003 MIB
04-26-2004, 04:10 AM
I attended my first car show today at Chucks's but it creates some questions. Everywhere I looked people were spraying something on their cars and rubbing them down. I even saw people doing the same to their engine compartment. I confess my ignorance. What do you need to do to put your car in a show?

I wish you were a little more chatty (Rodster is the quiet type for those who haven't met him- or maybe it's hard to get a word in with a bunch of Texans) I would have shown you all the crap I carry in my trunk. Also, anyone you ask will have some special potion, lotion or ointment they put on the car to make it shiny. I use the Meguire's Quick Detail spray and a polishing cloth. On the wheels and tires I normally use Simple Green and Meguire's Hot Shine spray. Underhood is Simple Green. IF the car is clean and just dusty- I'll break out the California Car Duster and call it a day. Tom (Petrograde) swears by his Zaino spray. Logan uses "Spit Shine" that's Canadian for Quick Detail spray. Dean just wipes down the silver car with a cloth and it looks great. I'm guessing Gary (rumble) has a little chrome polish... :up: The detail and car wash row at Pep Boys can make your head spin- there's lots of stuff.

Redster
04-26-2004, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I guess I should speak up now and then. But, now that you mention it I had another question. What were those compartments that you had in the floor of your trunk? Where do you get them and approximately what do they cost?

lgetz
04-26-2004, 10:18 PM
That compartment would be a trunk organizer available from LM. The cost is about 2 C notes.

2003 MIB
04-27-2004, 03:51 AM
Yeah, I guess I should speak up now and then. But, now that you mention it I had another question. What were those compartments that you had in the floor of your trunk? Where do you get them and approximately what do they cost?

lgetz is right. Mine came with the car and I've seen a different version that's designed for two golf bags on eBay but I don't know who makes it. Dean, Tom and I had a discussion about its merits and I find I just keep more junk in the trunk because I can-I mean do I really need six quarts of oil and a filter??? :lol: if it wasn't there-I'd probably have crap all over the trunk. Being quiet is a West Coast mellow kinda vibe- I like it but hollar if you've got a question...Coming to AER on Saturday?

Redster
04-27-2004, 03:51 PM
Maybe...I did go to that show a couple of years ago, lots of neat cars. Weather doesn't sound promising, but it cleared up for us at Chuck's. I really enjoyed watching Boris Said race their Mustang out here at TMS a couple of years ago.