PDA

View Full Version : All Lights out

Mach
01-19-2015, 05:41 PM
Ok.........yesterday my light were working just fine, today my wife tells me that only headlights work.

No brake lights
No turn signals
No dash
No interior
Left turn signal stays on but does not flash, and right does nothing.

What could it be....I had the LCM replaced last year, but I think this is something different.

fastblackmerc
01-19-2015, 06:02 PM
Ok.........yesterday my light were working just fine, today my wife tells me that only headlights work.

No brake lights
No turn signals
No dash
No interior
Left turn signal stays on but does not flash, and right does nothing.

What could it be....I had the LCM replaced last year, but I think this is something different.

I'd check fuses first. Then check the bulbs. Then check brake light switch.

Mach
01-19-2015, 06:07 PM
Ok I'll report my findings, thanks for the help.

Windsor58
01-19-2015, 06:34 PM
Next try cleaning the tail light bulb sockets. That cured my problems with no tail lights, no driving lights, no instrument panel lights...

Mach
01-19-2015, 07:27 PM
Thanks I'll try that too. I'm under the fuse box now.

Mach
01-19-2015, 08:10 PM
Fuse box is clear, all the light bulbs are fine. I'm lost now

fastblackmerc
01-20-2015, 07:19 AM
Fuse box is clear, all the light bulbs are fine. I'm lost now

Are you getting power to the various lights?

RF Overlord
01-20-2015, 09:05 AM
Check the 3 plugs on the LCM.

Mach
01-20-2015, 12:58 PM
The only lights I have are the low and high beam headlights, and the side marker stays solid. Also the 3rd brake light in the middle of the window works when the brake is applied. I took it to a shop, and they stated the LCM needs to be replaced. If that's the issue I'm going to pick it up and replace it myself, I have a guy in Cali that does it for 80 bucks shipped.

They told me they checked the three plugs on the LCM. No change in status.

crownvic05
01-20-2015, 01:05 PM
try tapping the LCM. Sometimes this helps.

fastblackmerc
01-20-2015, 01:06 PM
The only lights I have are the low and high beam headlights, and the side marker stays solid. Also the 3rd brake light in the middle of the window works when the brake is applied. I took it to a shop, and they stated the LCM needs to be replaced. If that's the issue I'm going to pick it up and replace it myself, I have a guy in Cali that does it for 80 bucks shipped.

They told me they checked the three plugs on the LCM. No change in status.

The usual problem with the LCM is the headlight won't work except on Hi beams.

I only charge $75.00 shipped. I replace all the relays in the LCM and I guaranty it for the life of the car.

Good luck!

crownvic05
01-20-2015, 01:16 PM
The usual problem with the LCM is the headlight won't work except on Hi beams.

I only charge $75.00 shipped. I replace all the relays in the LCM and I guaranty it for the life of the car.

Good luck!

All the relays? Do you do the external option for all?

fastblackmerc
01-20-2015, 02:40 PM
All the relays? Do you do the external option for all?

No, that would look like s**t.

The headlight relay is an external heavy duty 40amp unit. The other 3 relay are replaced internally with 15amp units replacing the stock 10amp relays.

Mach
01-20-2015, 06:46 PM
No, that would look like s**t.

The headlight relay is an external heavy duty 40amp unit. The other 3 relay are replaced internally with 15amp units replacing the stock 10amp relays.

Yea the Cali guy told me the same thing, said that maybe the board is malfunctioning, and that he would just send me another unit. Versus me having to send mine and wait the ship time and repair time then send it back. If I run into issues i will definitely call you. Thanks.

crownvic05
01-21-2015, 06:42 AM
Sorry not.to high jack your post

Never had issues with my headlights. Ive been useing the sake type bulbs for years on different cars including mine.

From 2 weeks ago, headlights have been failing. 1st the right side low beam went and the high beam worked. At the same time, the left side low beam works and high beam didnt. Just replaced both bulbs with the same ones ive been using and 2 secounds later the low beam on the right side went. 5 secounds after that the low beam on the left went. As of right now, the high beams are working.

I did do the headlight mod relay to the lcm 2 years ago and its been working great. Also did the headlight relay upgrade that all crown vic members have and thats been on the car for 5 months with no issue. Where should i start looking?

crownvic05
01-21-2015, 06:49 AM
And as per the bulbs, these are the ones ive been using for years
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380398431992?redirect=mobile

I have them on my ford escape and my dads 4 runner. Also been using these for years in other vics ive had. They normally last me 2-3 years. Not bad for the price.

fastblackmerc
01-21-2015, 07:46 AM
Sorry not.to high jack your post

Never had issues with my headlights. Ive been useing the sake type bulbs for years on different cars including mine.

From 2 weeks ago, headlights have been failing. 1st the right side low beam went and the high beam worked. At the same time, the left side low beam works and high beam didnt. Just replaced both bulbs with the same ones ive been using and 2 secounds later the low beam on the right side went. 5 secounds after that the low beam on the left went. As of right now, the high beams are working.

I did do the headlight mod relay to the lcm 2 years ago and its been working great. Also did the headlight relay upgrade that all crown vic members have and thats been on the car for 5 months with no issue. Where should i start looking?
Check the fuses.

crownvic05
01-21-2015, 08:00 AM
So if the fuses would be blown, I will still get a few secounds of light before they go?

fastblackmerc
01-21-2015, 08:21 AM
So if the fuses would be blown, I will still get a few secounds of light before they go?

No they would not light at all.

crownvic05
01-21-2015, 08:24 AM
of, so my fuses are not blown then. Because When I replaced the bulbs last night, I turned them on to test for 5 secounds and everything was good. Then went back inside home. This morning went to turn them on and the right side headlight went after 3 secounds. Then the left side went after 10 secound. As per the high beams, they still work.

fastblackmerc
01-21-2015, 08:35 AM
of, so my fuses are not blown then. Because When I replaced the bulbs last night, I turned them on to test for 5 secounds and everything was good. Then went back inside home. This morning went to turn them on and the right side headlight went after 3 secounds. Then the left side went after 10 secound. As per the high beams, they still work.

Start tracing wires from the headlights.

crownvic05
01-21-2015, 08:38 AM
Start tracing wires from the headlights.

Sucks man. Will do when I get home tonight. Funny how from one night to another weired **** like this happens.

crownvic05
01-21-2015, 06:32 PM
Ok so i herd both the clicks on the lcm and the headlight relay harness upgrade. then removed the burnt bulbs and slapped on the oem bulbs with the factory harness. Everything worked out. Removed the factory harness and plugged in the headlight relay kit and still working good. Im guessing that the headloghts that i removed were difected? I checked every cable and its all good. Ran the headlights for 5 mins and still working. Maybe something was moved in the process which was probably making a bad contact some where. As per now, its working. On the weekend with more time i will remove.the aftermarket relay system for the headlights and check everything out.