PDA

View Full Version : guage lights out

Bruce Wayne
01-24-2015, 08:18 AM
2003 MM guage lights and overhead interior light out !, any suggestions? another bad LCM maybe? headlights and all warning lights seem to work fine, just speedo instrument cluster, and no interior light when door is opened. Thanks for any suggestions

fastblackmerc
01-24-2015, 08:34 AM
2003 MM guage lights and overhead interior light out !, any suggestions? another bad LCM maybe? headlights and all warning lights seem to work fine, just speedo instrument cluster, and no interior light when door is opened. Thanks for any suggestions

Do the other interior light's work? How about the radio and gauge pod?

Either fuses or the bulbs are bad.

fastblackmerc
01-24-2015, 09:13 AM
Any work done recently?

Bruce Wayne
01-24-2015, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the replies , guage pod lights out also, radio lights are on, overhead push button lights work, no work has been done recently that would affect the lighting, only speedo cluster and large overhead light will not illuminate

Bruce Wayne
01-24-2015, 04:23 PM
well, it turns out the dial indicator ,on he headlamp switch, which controls the illumination of the speedo, and also turns on the interior lights, was faulty. Bring on the next gremlin!

NavySeabee
01-24-2015, 07:00 PM
Question since we're on the topic, should the replacement autometer oil gauge light up? It was installed when I bought my MM and never lights up. Is there a light in there? Thx!

fastblackmerc
01-24-2015, 08:31 PM
Question since we're on the topic, should the replacement autometer oil gauge light up? It was installed when I bought my MM and never lights up. Is there a light in there? Thx!

Yes it should light up. I have LEDs if you need them.

RF Overlord
01-25-2015, 06:47 AM
should the replacement autometer oil gauge light up? Do you have the Ultra-Lite or the Ultra-Lite II? The Ultra-Lite uses a 194 bulb... The -II has an internal LED.