PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle All-Fords, 5-7 June 2015 Registration

Bluerauder
03-14-2015, 05:50 AM
Time to start getting Registered for Showfield at the big Carlisle 20th Anniversary All Ford Nationals. Link here >>>>>> http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-ford-nationals/Default.aspx

Hotel information is here >>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95623

So far, the Mercury Marauder gang is not even on the list of the Top 10 or even 15 .... last year we had 50 cars up on the hill. What's the count gonna be this year ?? As of 4 MAY 2015, MercuryMarauder.Net is in 9th Place behind all the high density/production Mustangs, Focus, and T-Birds.

"Closing in on just under 3 months until the 20th Anniversary of the Carlisle All-Ford Nationals and its that time of the year to share the Top 10 Clubs with Members Registered so far, will your club be in the Top 10 next week? It's a TIGHT RACE so far, who will be the top? Here is your current Top 10:

1st: Red Mustang Registry
2nd: Focus Rising
3rd: International Thunderbird Club
4th: Mustang Club of America
5th: Bad Pony Club Mustangs
6th: Valley Forge Mustang Club
7th: Ford GT Forum
8th: Fairlane Club of America
9th: TIE: Mustang Club of Central PA & Merkur Club of America
10th: TIE: Ford GT Alley, Team Shelby Northeast, Syracuse Shelby Mustang, Cougar Club of PA/NJ/Delmarva, & Mach 1 Registry"

Here's a view of the MM attendance in 2014. Our home base was the Yellow and White tent on the hill surrounded by multiple pop-up tents ...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/2014Carlisle0003.JPG

The Mercury Marauder group is in the lower right corner in this aerial Pic. We had 4 rows of MMs. Looks like they cut off the 2 rows of Class B074 Modified MMs.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/Carlisle_2_Aerial.jpg

jimbok1951
03-14-2015, 07:45 AM
If you are thinking about Carlisle 2015 check out link from the past, thanks Boston Mike awesome video, may sway you. Great event, GOOD people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTVzn7h-Stc

NavySeabee
03-14-2015, 06:11 PM
Looking forward to it!

Question...How difficult, if at all possible, is it to leave the field to pick up an old Navy buddy and get back in?

Ms. Denmark
03-14-2015, 07:23 PM
Looking forward to it!

Question...How difficult, if at all possible, is it to leave the field to pick up an old Navy buddy and get back in? Shouldn't be difficult as long as you have your sticker on your windshield, Pete. Just slip Mr. Man $20 to save your spot.:D Where are you staying?

NavySeabee
03-14-2015, 07:27 PM
Shouldn't be difficult as long as you have your sticker on your windshield, Pete. Just slip Mr. Man $20 to save your spot.:D Where are you staying?

Hi Paula! Staying at Best Western Premier.

Should I be looking for the sticker in the mail or do I get it when upon arrival? All I have is an email confirmation for the field.

Carlisle newbie here.

NavySeabee
03-14-2015, 07:30 PM
I'll slip Mr. Man something!

DWSTANG67
03-14-2015, 08:13 PM
Its almost that time of the year, good old carlisle. I plan on going and registering the marauder, and staying at the best western permier, but my marauder may not make the show. My father wants to go, so I will drive him in his 57 ford failane hardtop retractable.

Mebot
03-15-2015, 03:20 AM
Should I be looking for the sticker in the mail or do I get it when upon arrival? All I have is an email confirmation for the field.

Carlisle newbie here.

If you registered early then you should expect to receive your show pass in the mail. It usually comes early May

My father wants to go, so I will drive him in his 57 ford failane hardtop retractable.

Dean that's awesome I wish I could see that Fairlane in person. I'll make sure dad goes to Carlisle so he can see it and take pictures

Bluerauder
03-15-2015, 03:44 AM

Probably shouldn't be looking for the registration sticker to come in the mail until 15 May or so. They are usually mailed out about 2-3 weeks in advance.

Put the sticker on the upper driver's side windshield and you will be able to drive right through the Gate upon arriving. Put the letter over your visor because you will need it to check in upon arrival to pick up your Goodie Bag at the registration building. See you in June. :D

Question...How difficult, if at all possible, is it to leave the field to pick up an old Navy buddy and get back in?

It might just be easier all around for him to park in the lot near Gate #5 off Cavalry Road and walk in to meet you on the hill. That's the closest spot to our traditional location. Gate #5 is just to the right of our location shown on this map from the 2014 event.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/2014_Carlisle_Showfield_Map_2. jpg

NavySeabee
03-15-2015, 08:50 AM
Thanks for all the info guys! See you there!

Ms. Denmark
03-15-2015, 09:07 AM
Can't wait, Pete!

Bigdogjim
03-15-2015, 12:16 PM
Its almost that time of the year, good old carlisle. I plan on going and registering the marauder, and staying at the best western permier, but my marauder may not make the show. My father wants to go, so I will drive him in his 57 ford failane hardtop retractable.

Hey Dean that is super cool. I love to see that car in person:)

Bluerauder
03-17-2015, 03:59 PM
Tent size and Reserved Spots on the Showfield at Carlisle are based on the number of Pre-Registrations. So it is important to Get Yourself Pre-Registered with "Gate and Go" !!!

Here's the note from Paul/Blackened300a from last year's comments.

According to the Carlisle website...

The tent size is based on the number of pre-registrations, or the "gate and go" program which means, those who pre-register and get their sticker in the mail so they can drive into the showfield. This was why I always pushed the per-registrations constantly. It dictates the size of the tent and the amount of parking on the showfield. I was informed of this years ago when we earned our own class. PRE-REGISTER!!!

They said the tent size is the discretion of the event staff. Since I represented the Marauders at the celebrity luncheon on Saturday, I have some pull and can likely get a bigger tent. We have to push pre-registration to justify the larger tent or it will be hard to convince them for years to come. The tent is always free with 25 registered cars so we are secured for 2015 as well.

Bluerauder
03-26-2015, 09:34 AM
:bump:

Marauders at Carlisle 2015.

:bump:

jsignorelli
03-26-2015, 11:36 AM
Are we still thinking of getting our food catered by the event restaurant or are we doing our own thing again this year? I just want to know if I need to send money and to whom?

Bluerauder
03-26-2015, 12:20 PM
Are we still thinking of getting our food catered by the event restaurant or are we doing our own thing again this year? I just want to know if I need to send money and to whom?

The possibility of catering the food at Carlisle on the Saturday was initially raised in this thread following the 2014 event >>>>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=93823

Mary/MM03MOK indicated that she was going to check on preferred caterers and any rules with the Carlisle Event Staff.

Paul/Blackened300a said that he would also check into catering or pizza.

Paula/Ms. Denmark may also have some insight.

Suggest a PM to one of the above to find out the current status if they don't respond here in a day or two.

Bottomline is not to worry about cash/funding the food yet. Details should be provided in plenty time if there is a change from past BBQ/Picnic plans.

Ms. Denmark
03-27-2015, 02:32 AM
MM03MOK is checking on a caterer/food vendor. Hope to have news pretty soon. Just to clarify...this does not let jsignorelli off the hook where sangria is concerned.:D

jsignorelli
03-27-2015, 07:33 AM
I'm still bringing the two gallons of Sangria. That's all that matters.
Will we need more than two straws????

Ms. Denmark
03-27-2015, 08:57 AM
I'm still bringing the two gallons of Sangria. That's all that matters.
Will we need more than two straws????

Dibs on red. Two straws works for me...:P

Bluerauder
03-30-2015, 06:12 AM
Time to start getting serious about registering for the 2015 Carlisle All Ford Nationals.

The Mercury Marauder gang is still not among the Top 10 Clubs .... when you sign up, make sure you check "MercuryMarauder.Net" as your club.

Which Official Clubs will take home this year's Club Challenge Banners at the Awards Ceremony on Sunday? It's up to you to make sure you register under your club name so it counts! Here is the current Top 10 Clubs as of this morning, the race for the Top 3 is very close!:

1st: International Thunderbird Club
2nd: Red Mustang Registry
3rd: Focus Rising
5th: Bad Pony Club Mustangs
6th: Fairlane Club of America
7th: Valley Forge Mustang Club
8th: Ford GT Forum
9th: Mustang Club of Central PA
10th: Merkur Club of America

Ms. Denmark
03-30-2015, 06:55 AM
Will prolly bring both Marauders this year. Got to get in the Top Ten, people! Where is Shijack when we need him. :D Dang, I see Foci Rising is at it again.... :rolleyes:

vkirkend
03-30-2015, 10:28 AM
Registered!

Odinson
04-01-2015, 02:15 PM
I'm back in with the marauder. No way the van is going to be ready this year. Me and the fam will be there.

Bluerauder
04-02-2015, 10:06 AM
You must Pre-register before May 4, 2015 to get your window sticker early and drive right in when you get to the gate!

MM03MOK
04-02-2015, 01:20 PM
I sent another email to the clubs coordinator. Will keep pushing for an answer on the catering option. It certainly would be much easier and give everyone a chance to relax instead of being a slave to the prep and the grill.

Ms. Denmark
04-02-2015, 01:53 PM
Thanks, Mary! It would nice. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Bluerauder
04-08-2015, 02:52 PM
:bump: for Pre-Registration for the Showfield at Carlisle. First post contains links for Registration Showfield stickers and also a link to hotel info.

4 May is the cutoff to get your stickers in the mail for the "Gate & Go" Option to let you drive right in upon arrival.

DEFYANT
04-11-2015, 08:23 AM
Registered!

Ms. Denmark
04-27-2015, 10:23 AM
Registered the Black car. My SB is still on the DL, so who knows...seriously may register the MKX and hang with the Lincoln crowd. At least it runs and the AC works. :P

Bluerauder
04-30-2015, 01:54 PM
Only 4 more days to get Pre-Registered to get the 10% "Gate & Go" discount and get your sticker mailed so you can drive right in.

Bigdogjim
04-30-2015, 02:19 PM
I am registered! It's a go! Can't wait!

DWSTANG67
04-30-2015, 03:09 PM
I am registered

WhatsUpDOHC
05-01-2015, 06:29 PM
WhatsUpDOHC on da Mountain.

Bigdogjim
05-02-2015, 11:48 PM
Great the list keeps growing.

Blackened300a
05-03-2015, 05:47 AM
Registered and we will have a answer about the catering on Monday. The amount of people is a little less then previous years so we adjusted the menu to make this affordable and a great experience.

Worst case scenario, we will just go back to basics and do what we did the pervious years. Right now it's looking positive.

Bluerauder
05-05-2015, 08:04 AM
MercuryMarauder.Net is shown as 9th Place in the Pre-Registrations .... pretty good considering the number of High Density Mustangs and Focus clubs. Its hard to top the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Clubs with more than a Million copies of each produced.

18 hrs · .TOP 10 CLUBS REGISTERED TO DATE:

With this being the LAST DAY (4 May 2015) to Pre-Register for the Showfield under the Gate-N-Go Discount and receive your passes in the mail here are our Top 10 Clubs currently registered for the show here in just about 30 Days. The International Thunderbird Club is WAY out in Front, can anyone catch up to them?:

1st: International Thunderbird Club
2nd: Red Mustang Registry
3rd: Focus Rising...
5th: Mustang Club of Central PA
6th: Fairlane Club of America
7th: TIE: Bad Pony Club Mustangs, Merkur Club of America, and Valley Forge Mustang Club
8th: Ford GT Forum
9th: Mercury Marauder.net
10th: TIE: Supercoupe club of America & North American Turbocoupe Organization

Who will be the TOP 3 come showtime and take home the TOP CLUB Banners?

88CuttyClassic
05-08-2015, 08:20 PM
Where can i find the event schedule. Im considering driving over from pittsburgh. Ive never done an event at carlise surprisingly, mainly because my buick events are norwalk and bowling green and my hurst olds and olds events change year to year. What is "thee" day to be there? I have a baseball game at 9:00 and carlise is about 3 hours from pittsburgh so thats factoring into my decision. If friday is a good day id consider taking off a day of work and staying, if not id just drive up saturday morning.

Also what kind of event is it? Just a show, a judged show, etc? For example the hurst olds national meet is just a gathering, no judging but the olds club of America national meet is judged.

Thanks for any info and hope to make the drive out there. (I will admit though im not a ford guy...at all lol)

Bluerauder
05-09-2015, 04:58 AM
Where can i find the event schedule. Im considering driving over from pittsburgh. ....... What is "thee" day to be there?

Also what kind of event is it? Just a show, a judged show, etc?

Carlisle All Ford Nationals is a huge show. Last year there were nearly 3,000 cars (all Ford-Lincoln-Mercury) divided into four (4) Showfields by color (i.e. Yellow, Blue, Green, and Red). In all there are nearly 200 individual show classes based on year, make and model vehicles. Showfield participants receive a ballot for all cars in their "showfield color" class. Participants vote for 1 car in each class on their ballot sheet and turn them in before 5:00 PM on Saturday. Carlisle Events presents 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies (very nice plaques) in every class. Winners are posted up at 9:00 AM on Sunday morning. There are also 25-50 Celebrity Judges who can each pick one car for any reason anywhere on the four Showfields ... the MM group has picked up several of these "Celebrity Pick" or "Nifty Fifty" award plaques over the past several years.

If you can only do one day, I would recommend Saturday if you can get there early. There is lots to do and see including Showfield Displays, Vendors, Car Corral (i.e. "For Sale" area), Featured car displays in Buildings T, Y, and G. Ford displays on the Midway, swap meet, burnout contest, Ms. Carlisle Bikini contest and more. If you want to see it all, one day will be a rush/blur trying to cram it all in. Personally, I do 2.5 days and take my time.

The official Event Schedule will be published in the official 2015 Event Directory on the Carlisle Events website about 2 weeks before the event >>>>>> http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-ford-nationals/

BTW -- The Carlisle "All GM Nationals" is about 2 weeks later in June on June 26-28, 2015 this year. The GM show appears to be much smaller than the All Fords event and uses only three of the Showfield areas. The entire hill and back area where the MM.Net tent/group has been located is converted to "General Parking" for the All GM event .... so I'd guess that this is about half to two-thirds the size of the Ford Event.

Here is a SAMPLE ITINERARY from last year (2014) that I posted when someone asked a similar question ......

Mark --- there is a lot to see and do at Carlisle even if you plan to be there for the full 3 days. You will have to be somewhat flexible and "play it by ear" since I think everyone's itinerary varies depending on their particular tastes and interests. You can do and see as much or as little as you like. You may have to adjust your plans as needed for the weather. Rain has visited Carlisle at least one day during every one that I have attended.

Below is a Sample Itinerary from 2014 based on my experience(s) over the past 6 years. I try to see as much as possible and mix it up with MM.Net events and socializing up on the hill. The Itinerary works for me; but most times and durations are approximate and flexible. I arrive at Carlisle about 11 AM on Friday.

Friday, 6 June 2014

7:00 AM – Carlisle Showfield Gates Open

11:00 AM – Arrive at Showfield, Clean and prep car. Initial meet & greet socialization

12:00 Noon – Visit the Food Court for Lunch. Vendors under the Grandstand/Building Z (Collectibles and other merchandise).

1:00 PM – Visit Building T (All Female owned/operated cars) and Building Y (Special Edition cars) displays. Stop in the Carlisle Store.

2:00 PM – Visit the Car Corral and check out the approximately 250 cars for sale

3:00 PM – Socialize on Marauder Mountain

4:00 PM – Socialize and browse the Blue Showfield cars

4:00 PM – (Optional) Visit to the Expo Center for the Ford Ride and Drive experience.

5:00 PM – Head back to the hotel and Check In (time dependent on weather)

6:00 PM – Shower, hit the pool/hottub (time permitting), change clothes

7:30 PM – Dinner at The Glass Lounge, 4745 N Front St, Harrisburg, PA 17110. Website >>>> http://www.theglasslounge.net/menu.html

Saturday, 7 June 2014

7:00 AM – Breakfast at Hotel, Gates Open @ 7 AM

8:00 AM – Arrive at Showfield, Clean and prep cars.

9:00 AM – Check Out the Yellow Showfield and get pics from Grandstand

10:00 AM – Check out the Red Showfield, 50 Years of Mustangs Tent Area, and the Ford Vendor Midway

11:00 AM – Fire up the grills (Time approximate). Potluck MM.Net Picnic/BBQ at the tent. Sangria Tasting under the MM.Net tent. :)

12:00 Noon -- Potluck MM.Net Picnic/BBQ at the tent. Socialize and Clean-Up

1:00 PM -- Car show balloting/In-Voting on Marauder Mountain. Multiple MM.Net classes

2:00 PM – Turn-in MM.Net ballots and Tally votes. Socialize on the hill.

2:00 PM -- Carlisle Events voting in Blue Showfield area (Vote for your favorites in the Carlisle Show Classes). Limited to Blue classes if you are registered in the Blue Showfield. You will have different sheets if you are registered in Yellow and Red showfields.

3:00 PM – MM.Net trophies and awards presentation at the tent (Approximate time)

4:00 PM – Ms. Carlisle Bikini Contest at the Grandstand area. Turn in Carlisle ballots/voting sheet (for the cars ... not the bikinis :P).

5:00 PM – Burnout Contest at the Grandstand area. Back to hotel, shower, hit the pool if time permits, and change clothes

6:00 PM – (Optional) Street Parade Line-Up time. Parade through town of Carlisle at 6:45 PM.

7:30 PM – Dinner at Lancaster Brewing Company, 469 Eisenhower Blvd. Harrisburg, PA. Website >>>>> www.lbcharrisburg.com

Sunday, 8 June 2014

7:00 AM – Breakfast at Hotel, Check Out, Gates Open @ 7 AM

8:00 AM – Arrive at the Showfield. Visit Building G (110 Years/110 Cars display) and Outside Vendor areas (i.e. parts, tools, toys, diecasts, models, collectibles, everything under the sun)

9:00 AM -- Carlisle Show Class Award Winners list posted near Grandstand registration

10:00 AM – Socialize at MM.Net tent area

11:00 AM – Visit displays missed so far or “Go Backs”

12:00 Noon -- Wander the showfields and displays. Take lots of pics.

1:00 PM – Carlisle Awards/Winners Parade. Wrap up and good-byes with folks that show up on Sunday (about half of Saturday’s peak attendance based on past experience)

2:00 PM -- Depart for home.

jsignorelli
05-09-2015, 07:11 AM
One key item missing from Saturday agenda.

Begin "Sangria Tasting" under the tent at 11:00 AM

Ms. Denmark
05-09-2015, 07:16 AM
What Charlie said...if you have one day, make it Saturday. Arrive anytime, the earlier the better. Lots of Marauders are parked at our tent by 9:30 am but plenty of room to come a little later. We will have some sort of mm.net club BBQ/lunch midday so be sure to register your Marauder for the showfield and join us.

Oh yeah, the Sangria is worth the trip!

88CuttyClassic
05-09-2015, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the info, much appriciated. ☺

Bluerauder
05-12-2015, 02:28 PM
Assuming that the Marauders are up on the Mountain again this year (like we were for 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014), here is a map of the Fairgrounds with the locations of some of the major areas/exhibits marked for the "newbees". The Event Directory should be released in 1-2 weeks and posted on the Carlisle Events website with the centerfold map. Registration stickers ought to be showing up in the mail at about the same time.

The GPS location of the Gate #3 "Gate & Go" entrance is: 1000 Bryn Mawr Road, Carlisle, PA.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/Carlisle_Fairgrounds_05222015. jpg

jimbok1951
05-12-2015, 03:10 PM
Any decision on eats ? Cater-bring & cook- eat at vendor stands ? After final head count I will order Philly soft pretzels & pick up hot out of the oven for all and bring directly on Saturday morning to munch on for Jim's Sangria test taste event.

Blackened300a
05-12-2015, 05:06 PM
Any decision on eats ? Cater-bring & cook- eat at vendor stands ? After final head count I will order Philly soft pretzels & pick up hot out of the oven for all and bring directly on Saturday morning to munch on for Jim's Sangria test taste event.

Still up in the air. I'm leaning towards refreshments and snacks, drinks, etc and lunch on your own. Catering costs are making it not really worth it and it's always the same people stuck behind the grill and cleaning up afterwards that they would like to go out and enjoy the show for once.

Still working out the details, pretzels are definitely welcome!

HammerDown
05-12-2015, 06:28 PM
Still up in the air. I'm leaning towards refreshments and snacks, drinks, etc and lunch on your own. Catering costs are making it not really worth it and it's always the same people stuck behind the grill and cleaning up afterwards that they would like to go out and enjoy the show for once.

Still working out the details, pretzels are defiantly welcome!

I'm thinking the same of what you said above....................
BUT yeah, PRETZELS, woo hoo!!!

Bluerauder
05-13-2015, 05:36 AM
Still up in the air. I'm leaning towards refreshments and snacks, drinks, etc and lunch on your own. Catering costs are making it not really worth it ....

Makes sense to me. Trying to guesstimate how many people will show up on the hill is always a crap shoot.