PDA

View Full Version : Review Vendor Review – Marauder Innovations (FastBlackMerc)

MyBlackBeasts
03-28-2015, 04:04 PM
Vendor Review – Marauder Innovations (FastBlackMerc)

Starting at the beginning, back in early January one of my best friends I’ve known since high school texted me his S10 4wd was acting up. Of course it was 167,000* below zero at the time but being a person who’s character was not to say screw you it’s -167,000* out, deal with it yourself – I said, sure, bring it down & I’ll clear the garage so we can work on it.

Sunday morning comes & after a nice breakfast at a local café, I pull the Sable out of the garage and then jump in MM to move it outside. Click… Battery is dead. Guess what dumb-a$$ forgot to hook up the battery tender! :mad2:

No problem, there is a brand new battery on the bench from the Ranger which is fully charged & hooked to a maintenance charger. (It’s been great having 3 vehicles that all use the same batt!).

So I quickly swap the batteries, MM fires right up & I pull it out and left it run to warm up.

Went out later to shut it off and noticed the HVAC fan was stuck on high speed. No matter the HVAC control selection (even off) fan blowing high!

Figured the low volt condition when I tried to start fried a relay contact & held it on high. No prob, I’ll deal with it when it’s not -167,000* outside.

Quickly fixed the S10. It was what I figured it was – vacuum actuator for 4wd was blown.

So 2 weeks ago when the sun was shining & temp was +36* after laying on my back in the drive replacing the starter in p/u for the 2nd time in 7 days (another story for another time) I decided to check out MM as I had to make sure she was 100% for Looseville! Quick relay swap and still had same issue. Well that means it’s the BCM or ETAC… CRAP!

As I am horrifically swamped at the office and have 0 time to diagnose the issue, PM’d FBM for his opinion of which was the problem. He said it could be the ETAC but BCM was more likely. As BCM is significantly less $$$ than ETAC I decided to try it. FBM said he had one of his famous reconditioned BCM’s on the shelf he could send out immediately and when he gave me the price I said “how do I PayPal you the cash?!?!?”

I PayPalled him the $ and a few days later had a box in my hand.

Beautiful sunny day today so I went out to work on vehicles and started with MM. Pulled it out in the sun, gathered the needed tools and 15 minutes later the BCM was swapped. Fired up MM and POOF! The problem was fixed. Works like brand new! :banana:

Thanks a heap FBM!!! :beer: What a great forum member & an excellent vendor to work with! :up:

fastblackmerc
03-28-2015, 04:31 PM
Glad I could help out!

Let me know if your EATC needs o-rings and LEDs.......