PDA

View Full Version : Representing at Yonkers Raceway !

MENINBLK
04-29-2004, 07:51 AM
Well I went to the 'Rock N Rods' event at Yonkers Raceway last night.
This event is held EVERY Wednesday evening from 6pm - 9 pm and it has a rain date of Thursday evenings.
The boy Scouts held a 50/50 raffle and there were lots of door prizes.
They gave away Car Cleaning things...

Lots of CARS, CARS, and CARS !!
There were 2 PRO STREET Firebirds, a couple of really old Fords, lots of Stands, GTOs, Camaros, and a 56 Crown Vic !!!
There was also a very nice display of some Harleys.

My Marauder got a LOT of attention.
Everyone was asking $$$, How does it ride?, How is the pickup?, and the most asked question of the night......

"Is that a HEMI under the hood ??? It looks big enough to be one !!"

It was a lot of fun.
There was a Hershey Ice Cream truck there for snacks, and a big open barbeque for Hot Dogs, Hamburgers and Grill Chicken sandwiches.

Admission is FREE !!! and the raffle donations are optional.

Maybe we can get a few of the local Marauders to show up ??
Several people were asking if there are any BLOWN Marauders in the neighborhood...

Oh, and Elsalsero, your BeadX works FANTASTIC !!!

martyo
04-29-2004, 09:04 AM
By mid-June I will either be there or E-Town on Wednesday nights. We will hook up for sure!

woaface
04-29-2004, 09:05 AM
I believe you'll be " Reprasenin' "

Marauder
04-29-2004, 10:05 AM
I believe you'll be " Reprasenin' "

Every Wednesday? I just may have to stop by on my way home from work on Wednesdays. :D

jaywish
04-29-2004, 02:07 PM
Hey,

Let me know, lately I'm across the street on Wednesday nights at about 7:45 for PT, so if I can make the left, I'm there.

It won't be much of a ride but the CD player can get up to speed.

Jay

JerseyVics
04-30-2004, 09:03 AM
isn't yonkers raceway a horseracing strip?

if its a drag strip, thats closer to me than any of the jersey tracks, I'll be down for a Wednesday race/meet

--Russ

MENINBLK
04-30-2004, 09:28 PM
isn't yonkers raceway a horseracing strip?

if its a drag strip, thats closer to me than any of the jersey tracks, I'll be down for a Wednesday race/meet

--Russ

Hey Russ !!

I was wondering when you would chime in...
You might remember me from the Contour.org group as 'Roadrunner'...

Yonkers Raceway is for trotters today, they are trying to bring in other racers that are more popular, by installing Video Poker slots to fatten up the purse for the races.

But on the flip side, we all get to park our rides right next to the racetrack and hang out for a few hours !
Even the Police come out and hang out with us !
It is mostly an older crowd of people and not very many kids.
This makes for a civilized evening.

MENINBLK
04-30-2004, 09:29 PM
Hey,

Let me know, lately I'm across the street on Wednesday nights at about 7:45 for PT, so if I can make the left, I'm there.

It won't be much of a ride but the CD player can get up to speed.

Jay

I'm going to be there every Wednesday evening that I can physically make it.

martyo
05-01-2004, 04:38 AM
It is mostly an older crowd of people and not very many kids.
This makes for a civilized evening.

The kids and their ricer mobiles hang out at Nathan's on Thursday nights. The "events" start much later and the police are much less friendly. Beware. Even your window tint is subject to review....

martyo
05-01-2004, 04:40 AM
I'm going to be there every Wednesday evening that I can physically make it.

Give me a few weeks Pete and I will be there to hang out with ya!

PhkinQk
05-03-2004, 08:36 AM
The kids and their ricer mobiles hang out at Nathan's on Thursday nights. The "events" start much later and the police are much less friendly. Beware. Even your window tint is subject to review....Glad to see the old hang out's still rocking, lol. :beer:

The Raceway will soon have "slots" (my guys are doing some of the work there) gambling is pretty popular so they might not have much room for a car show much longer, lol.

Might make Yonkers one night if we do a concerted thing, count me in.....

troopcar
05-03-2004, 09:03 AM
I'll be checking out the Raceway when the weather is good and my schedule permits. Would be good if those who are interested in attending on any given Wednesday would post on this thread by that Wednesday afternoon. I'll bet we can have some real mini-meets with a half dozen Marauders or more.

And, as I mentioned on another thread, when the breeze is blowing just right, you'll know exactly where the horse barn is!

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/i0/wc.gif

troopcar

MENINBLK
05-04-2004, 01:46 PM
Glad to see the old hang out's still rocking, lol. :beer:

The Raceway will soon have "slots" (my guys are doing some of the work there) gambling is pretty popular so they might not have much room for a car show much longer, lol.

Might make Yonkers one night if we do a concerted thing, count me in.....

The construction for the Video Slots and Remodeling has already started.
It will be going full swing by July.
By then, they will probably move our location from Yonkers Raceway trackside, to across from the Yonkers Avenue Post Office.

PhkinQk
05-04-2004, 04:28 PM
The construction for the Video Slots and Remodeling has already started.

I know, I did say I have guys working there, lol. :cool: