PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle SC installation

Gccch
05-19-2015, 08:16 AM
I'm fairly new here, but you guys will find I have some impulsive ideas from time to time. Last summer it was buying a 4500 mile MM while on a business trip. This winter it was buying a Trilogy kit of a wreck in NC to be installed on said MM.

Now, as I have still not installed the Trilogy, I'm thinking it would be kind of fun to drive the MM down to Carlisle with the Trilogy in the trunk and drive home with it installed with remote tuning from Marty O. Could be a little demo of sorts.

How crazy is that?

Zack
05-19-2015, 08:28 AM
Folks go to relax, not work.
And its most likely prohibited to work on your vehicle at the show.

jsignorelli
05-19-2015, 08:36 AM
Having installed supercharger on several of my cars, I can tell you that it is not simply a Saturday project. It requires almost all of the weekend, if not more.

And if it goes wrong due to unforeseen complications, how do you drive home?

We go to Carlisle to reunite with old friends and get caught up on memories.

Gccch
05-19-2015, 08:43 AM
Ok, dumb idea.

vkirkend
05-20-2015, 07:29 AM
I suggest you find someone to install this for you in the area. If not there are a couple of people in my area that can install it for you.

martyo
05-20-2015, 08:03 AM
Ok, dumb idea.

I tried to say that politely yesterday but apparently I should have been more blunt. :D

Gccch
05-20-2015, 10:28 AM
I tried to say that politely yesterday but apparently I should have been more blunt. :D

Haha... fell free to lay on the abuse Marty. I can take it. I posted this while waiting for your text. It was a good fantasy while it lasted.

We're having a party Saturday so I have to get the SC off the picnic table in the basement. It will be moved to the garage so perhaps Sunday I can get started.

Pulling those first few parts off my pristine car is making for a tough start to this project. WE'll get it done soon enough.

martyo
05-20-2015, 10:36 AM
Haha... fell free to lay on the abuse Marty. I can take it. I posted this while waiting for your text. It was a good fantasy while it lasted.

We're having a party Saturday so I have to get the SC off the picnic table in the basement. It will be moved to the garage so perhaps Sunday I can get started.

Pulling those first few parts off my pristine car is making for a tough start to this project. WE'll get it done soon enough.

Just pretend you're working in a parking lot in Carlisle and need to hurry! 😃