PDA

View Full Version : A successfull Elgin Meet

2003_MM_FYRE49
05-02-2004, 11:54 AM
Thanks to everyone that made the journey out to Elgin this morning. We had the biggest turnout and the most MM's yet to date (21 people and 16 Marauders). Let's hope that we can keep this up. It seemed like everyone liked the idea of having the meet at a different place this time. I think we should keep moving it around to keep things fresh. Stay tuned for pictures and videos of the meet to be posted by Gus and Mark later today. Looking forward to seeing everyine in Skokie at Mad Man's party next month. :beer: :banana:

UAW 588
05-02-2004, 12:32 PM
I had a blast. It was great to see some people again, and meet some new ones too. I'd give anything to hear what all the soccer parents were thinking, as they were driving past the parking lot in which we all traveled to, after the Checkered Flag. HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!! :lol:

I hope to see you all in Skokie, IL next month. :banana: :rock: :beer:

ap2003
05-02-2004, 12:45 PM
A good time was had by all at the checkered flag :banana2: ...

I posted a couple of the pics I took...
I put them in "My Gallery"... Make sure you see the movie of Sgt. Mac marking his territory! :banana:

gus

Slowpoke
05-02-2004, 02:40 PM
i was a little diappointed there were no pancakes, but at least Mac got a bacon cheesburger! He sure turned some heads at the restaurant - you'd think tehy'd never seen a man in a kilt before.

great turnout - lots of fun for all! Looking forward to the Skokie meet!

MM03MOK
05-02-2004, 02:53 PM
He sure turned some heads at the restaurant - you'd think tehy'd never seen a man in a kilt before. Saw a man in a denim skirt, hemmed just above the knee, in a museum in London the other day. Wonder how THAT would have gone over in Elgin! Had a matching denim jacket and rucksack.

mad man
05-02-2004, 03:34 PM
Thanks to everyone that made the journey out to Elgin this morning. We had the biggest turnout and the most MM's yet to date (21 people and 16 Marauders). Let's hope that we can keep this up. It seemed like everyone liked the idea of having the meet at a different place this time. I think we should keep moving it around to keep things fresh. Stay tuned for pictures and videos of the meet to be posted by Gus and Mark later today. Looking forward to seeing everyine in Skokie at Mad Man's party next month. :beer: :banana:Your right Tim this was our best turn out to date.I for one had a good time really nice to see our number growing Let's see if we can top it next month . Also thanks mark for the marauder items . ;)

JDC 302
05-02-2004, 04:25 PM
The Elgin meet today was my first......It was great to meet everyone in person.
I was glad we had the weather in our favor. It sure was nice of Sgt.Mac to stripe the parking lot for the Elgin Park District...... That was very impressive .... Hope to see everyone @ the next meet.

bigslim
05-02-2004, 07:34 PM
Nice turnout for you guys. It is nice to see another big group of these great cars. Hope you all had a good time.

rookie1
05-03-2004, 05:17 AM
Wish I could have made it guys, was my Mom's Birthday. 78 yrs old, healthy and happy, can't ask for more.

jrzygrl
05-03-2004, 06:16 AM
Great day, excellent turnout and a man in a skirt...what more could you ask for? Nice to see the regular "crew" and meet some new guys and gals. Tim introduced me to my new shoe shopping partner..Nordstroms shoe dept. here we come!!!!!! Hope to make it next month in Skokie. :cool:

Big Joe P
05-03-2004, 07:18 AM
Great turn out, good to see everyone.....

Lou
05-03-2004, 11:48 AM
Great photos of the Elgin meeting. As I just piked up my '04
MM Saturday, i wasn't ablr to make it.

I will be at the next onw for sure.

Looking forward to meeting you folks.

Lou

N40GL
05-04-2004, 04:23 PM
A few people asked where to get the clear film I have on the front of my car in lieu of a bra, which protects my car from road dings, rocks, Democrats and the like.

Check out: http://www.invinca-shield.com/main.htm

The local (Western Suburbs of Chicago) guy who installed it is at "Body Skins"; 847-530-8443.

Mark

marauder307
05-04-2004, 04:39 PM
...and please don't throw anything at me. Where is Elgin, in relation to St. Louis? (Not really from around the Midwest...)

2003_MM_FYRE49
05-04-2004, 04:44 PM
...and please don't throw anything at me. Where is Elgin, in relation to St. Louis? (Not really from around the Midwest...)

Elgin is located between Chicago and Rockford on I-90.

stevengerard
05-04-2004, 07:17 PM
A few people asked where to get the clear film I have on the front of my car in lieu of a bra, which protects my car from road dings, rocks, Democrats and the like.

Mark

Thanks Mark, where can I get the special version that prevents Republicans from getting too close to me?

N40GL
05-05-2004, 03:40 PM
Thanks Mark, where can I get the special version that prevents Republicans from getting too close to me?

It's on the right. :lol:

stevengerard
05-12-2004, 11:04 PM
OK, got the post card for the jacket today, whose jacket did I try on last Sunday in Elgin? Was it Mad Man’s? I think it was a large, which to my surprise fit well - I usually end up wearing XL. These run big don't they?

mad man
05-13-2004, 03:39 AM
OK, got the post card for the jacket today, whose jacket did I try on last Sunday in Elgin? Was it Mad Man’s? I think it was a large, which to my surprise fit well - I usually end up wearing XL. These run big don't they?That was an XL Steve .I also got my card today. And am getting another XL :banana:

stevengerard
05-13-2004, 07:52 PM
That was an XL Steve .I also got my card today. And am getting another XL :banana:

gbreat, thanks. My parts are in at prestige, hopefully I'll get up there soon. They need to still fix my headliner, touch up the burn marks from the leaded trunk, replace the interior trim peice and I order Dayligh Running Lamps. I still don't have my new plartes though.