PDA

View Full Version : Kent, WA Pacific Coast Ford's "All Ford Day" June 5th

01 Interceptor
05-02-2004, 10:32 PM
This is what I have for our next meet. I know there was some interest in doing this, plus I think it'd be fun. Pray that the weather will be favorable, because inclement weather will stop all the drag strip fun. This is the first Saturday in June. Gates open at 0800. Bring the camera of your choice to capture the good times. Bring your family and friends! I'd also advise to bring a cooler with your favorite beverage since sodas at the track aren't exactly cheap. You may want to pack a lunch, or at the very least a snack, because the food isn't cheap either!

From where I live in Everett, it takes about an hour to travel to Pacific Raceways. From what I remember, the track isn't actually open for racing until about 10am due to local noise ordinances. I figure if the northern group could meet at the Albertson's @ 128th again around 0730-0745, we would make it there by 0900. We would also meet up with the Seattle group at the normal place (Nortgate Mall theatre lot). The southern group could meet at the same place as well. It's only about a half hour drive from the Tacoma Mall to the track.

If you haven't planned anything for that Saturday, and you're not working...please attend. This is one of the meets you won't want to miss! :up:

Blue03
05-02-2004, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the post! I'm real interested but I'll need to check on the schedule. I've done a little autocrossing before but I've never been to a straight line event before... so maybe it's about time. I'll let you know as soon as I figure out how to make the schedule work!!

01 Interceptor
05-17-2004, 01:09 PM
Well folks, this day is approaching fast! We need to get an idea of who will be able to make it. If the weather is unfavorable we will cancel the meet and reschedule in hopes for better weather. This "All Ford Day" meet at the track should draw lots of people as well as their vehicles so don't forget your camera!

TAF
05-17-2004, 01:13 PM
If the weather is unfavorable we will cancel the meet and reschedule in hopes for better weather.
I'd like to see the definition of this ^^^ for you folks up there. In all my trips to Issaquah, Seattle, Portland over the last several years...June seems to be "catch as catch can"...but, when the sun DOES peek through, y'all have one of the most beautiful areas in the country up there. :up:

Round'em up Jonathan!!!:up:

teamrope
05-17-2004, 01:49 PM
I will have to work that weekend, but I should be able to sneek out real early. I'll have to twist mrsteamrope's arm REAL hard to get her to meet me there with her DTR. (It has gone totally badgless, and will have the tint & spoiler by then.)

Marauderman
05-17-2004, 06:29 PM
I'd like to see the definition of this ^^^ for you folks up there. In all my trips to Issaquah, Seattle, Portland over the last several years...June seems to be "catch as catch can"...but, when the sun DOES peek through, y'all have one of the most beautiful areas in the country up there. :up:

See what I mean--is there anywhere my man Todd hasn't been.....a true source of info--just great!!!

DirtyDog
05-17-2004, 08:10 PM
I've already made plans to go to the All Ford Picnic at Bellevue Community College on June 6. That is a great show, usually rotates 1500 cars through during the day.

teamrope
05-18-2004, 07:26 AM
I've already made plans to go to the All Ford Picnic at Bellevue Community College on June 6. That is a great show, usually rotates 1500 cars through during the day.That looks like a good show to take the 23 T :D

01 Interceptor
05-18-2004, 11:54 AM

Well Todd, if it rains...it's unfavorable! ;) I'll have to agree with you about the countryside though...it truly is some of the most beautiful land one could ever lay eyes on. They don't call Seattle the "Emerald City" for nothing! :up:

DirtyDog
05-18-2004, 07:37 PM
That looks like a good show to take the 23 T :D

I took the Marauder last year and I was the only one, and sure drew a crowd. They either wanted to know what it was or they had read about them and had not seen one.

It would sure be nice to see some MM/PI/CC friends there.

teamrope
05-22-2004, 07:41 PM
I took the Marauder last year and I was the only one, and sure drew a crowd. They either wanted to know what it was or they had read about them and had not seen one.

It would sure be nice to see some MM/PI/CC friends there.
I know what you mean. Mine got a lot of looks at Kelly's Cafe yesterday. One guy wanted to sell me a 69 Marauder that was complete except for the drivers door for $500. Linda came later with the DTR.

I still havn't heard from badboymerc, 1 BAD 03 or McHunt. Are you guys up for this?

01 Interceptor
05-23-2004, 11:22 PM
Yeah, I haven't received much of a response over on the CVN boards either...

DirtyDog
05-24-2004, 06:45 PM
We need to find a way to wake up the Western Washington crew.

01 Interceptor
05-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Well it looks like only one person on CVN is going to make it so far and he isn't going to even run the strip. I dunno, the last meet was most excellent...this one is kinda fizzling out before we even get there.

Blue03
05-24-2004, 11:31 PM
Hi Guys,
I've been holding back until my schedule clears a little. I just got back from my first Marauder road trip (Northern California) and am flying to Alaska for a few days. I'll try to get it figured out by next week end. I'm still interested.
Cheers Bruce

teamrope
05-25-2004, 11:28 AM
We need to find a way to wake up the Western Washington crew.
And increase the numbers. I know there are more MMs out there. I'm still working on finding the other MM on Ft Lewis.

I also finished the front godshead yesterday. It was a bit of a PITA, and I might be re-doing it with the badge off of Linda's car.

01 Interceptor
05-25-2004, 12:13 PM
Sounds good Bruce have a safe trip.

teamrope
05-27-2004, 08:33 PM
bump! :pimp:

1 BAD 03 MM
05-27-2004, 10:12 PM
Barring rain of course. I was out at the track two weeks ago for a vintage race. I crew for a guy with a 65 Jaguar E-Type, and for another guy with a 65 Sunbeam Tiger. (Its wrecked and is being repaired). There is a new 660 foot launch pad at the drag strip, that I can't wait to test my stock MM on. Hoping to break the 15 second mark.

Be there or be square........... :lol:

Blue03
05-31-2004, 11:16 PM
Ok. I've got a scheduling problem in the mid afternoon but I'd still like to go in the AM to say Hi, see how things work for one of these events and maybe see Mrs. TR's new DTR. Doesn't sound like a lot of folks are going but if a caravan is still heading down let me know.

01 Interceptor
06-01-2004, 09:33 AM
Well I don't plan on staying too long either...just long enough to have a few runs to get my baseline, see some cars and come home. My birthday is the 6th so I am going out Saturday night. Bruce, I'll meet you at the usual place around 8am?

Blue03
06-01-2004, 07:06 PM
Well I don't plan on staying too long either...just long enough to have a few runs to get my baseline, see some cars and come home. My birthday is the 6th so I am going out Saturday night. Bruce, I'll meet you at the usual place around 8am?

See you at the 128th Albertson's at 8 Am... Cheers !

01 Interceptor
06-01-2004, 11:05 PM
I copy that.

1 BAD 03 MM
06-04-2004, 12:44 PM
GOING TO GET A BASELINE B4 DOING ANY MODS. :up:

teamrope
06-04-2004, 01:29 PM
GOING TO GET A BASELINE B4 DOING ANY MODS. :up:
Same here. I got the Densos and coller t-stst, but I havn't installed them yet.

01 Interceptor
06-04-2004, 02:09 PM
LOL that's my motive as well guys...before the monster twin screw install! Anyway, weather.com as well as King5 says it is supposed to rain Saturday. Let's hope for the best!

01 Interceptor
06-04-2004, 10:12 PM
Ok everybody...the weather looks grim, but we will stay strong. It says Scattered Showers now, so let's hope for none in the Pacific Raceways area. If anyone near the Kent area can post the weather in the morning about 630-715 that would be most appreciated! See you all in the morning barring a rain storm.

Blue03
06-04-2004, 10:33 PM
Hi Jonathan,
I've never been down there so I'm inclined to roll anyway just to check it all out. I'll PM you my cell number. Let me know if you not going and I won't hang to long at the Albertson's.
Cheers Bruce

teamrope
06-05-2004, 10:21 AM
RAIN SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:uzi: :argue: :bs: :down: :bigcry: :puke: :shot: :fire: :mad2: :mad:

http://www.yelmtel.com/~teamrope/pics/rainout.jpg

Blue03
06-05-2004, 01:50 PM
Missed ya! We got down there at 9:15 am and it was closed as a rainout. Hung out for a while and chated with the Maverick/Comet folks and a pair of Lightings. Went and had lunch and then home. To bad it was a borderline day. Maybe next time. Cheers

teamrope
06-05-2004, 05:52 PM
Missed ya! We got down there at 9:15 am and it was closed as a rainout. Hung out for a while and chated with the Maverick/Comet folks and a pair of Lightings. Went and had lunch and then home. To bad it was a borderline day. Maybe next time. CheersBruce, we missed ya by 15 Min! We left at 9:00! (I had to add the pic to the last post.)

Well, what next? We gotta do something. Our MM's are missing their kin folk!

DirtyDog
06-05-2004, 07:26 PM
Bruce, we missed ya by 15 Min! We left at 9:00! (I had to add the pic to the last post.)

Well, what next? We gotta do something. Our MM's are missing their kin folk!

You could have come and helped me wax my MM. I'm 1/3 of the way.
Go to http://www.intecracing.com/, their having a Dyno Days on the 12th and 13th in Kent.

01 Interceptor
06-05-2004, 10:59 PM
There was a discussion about going to Bremerton Raceway on July 17th, as that is another "All Ford" event. July should be a lot nicer than it was today...I am so disappointed, but the 5 of us who stuck it out we made a little something out of it. It was good to see some of you again. Sorry we missed you...that was close timing. It was my fault actually, I missed the exit while checking out a brand new fully LED equipped radar WSP. The radar was outside of the car like back in the day. It was a sight, especially with all those LEDs! That caused us to have to get off at the next exit (Fife) and go back north. If I hadn't done that...we may have caught you.

teamrope
06-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Bremerton works. IMO we will see faster ETs there anyway. The track runs down hill. :up:

01 Interceptor
06-06-2004, 12:00 AM
Always a good thing! Hope to see a better turn out. I will cross-post this on CVN as well.

Ryans PI
06-06-2004, 12:33 AM
I'll be at the Bellevue show tomorrow, but I'll have to leave around 1. Hope to see some Marauders there.

Ryan
'99 red Crown Vic