PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast this Saturday in CT

Dan
05-03-2004, 05:04 AM
This is a spur of the moment thing.

CT guys, are your schedules open for breakfast this Saturday morning in the New Britain, CT area?

If so, post here and I will set it up. Since I got the Marauder my breakfast typically involves driving from one place to get food and then to Starbucks for the latte. Any excuse to drive the thing, right?

After breakfast we can do something driving oriented if we want or we can all just head home.

Post here if you can make it.

Best.

Dan

PhkinQk
05-03-2004, 08:24 AM
Normally I'd make that trip and am always in CT but will be in Boston till Fri and then Sun is mom's day. Too much going on, but would love to meet the CT guys in the future.............:)

Bigdogjim
05-03-2004, 09:28 AM
^^^^^^^What he said:)^^^^^^^^^^^

BillyGman
05-03-2004, 10:04 AM
for what it's worth, it sounds great to me Dan, but I've been having problems trying to diagnose alternator problems w/my car for the past week. It looks like the voltage regulator went, but even the place where brought it to that specializes in automotive electrical components cannot figure out why the voltage regulator died since my car has only 11K on it. I can't go to the dealer either, since I'm sure thay would tell me to hit the bricks as soon as they saw the Supercharger.

I might get it all together and running by tomorrow, but I'll need to drive it around carefully for atleast a few days to make sure it's okay since nobody can figure out why this has happened in the first place.

PhkinQk
05-03-2004, 12:21 PM
I can't go to the dealer either, since I'm sure thay would tell me to hit the bricks as soon as they saw the Supercharger.
Billy, the guy you turned me on to at Branford Ford is WAYYYY cool, I've not used him but I talked to him and I think if you called him he'd help.

When I talked to him he said he's got guys with non supercharged stangs that supercharge them and he's covered them and cars with other mods....................just an FYI. :up:

BillyGman
05-03-2004, 01:23 PM
WOW!!! I'm very surprised to hear that!! Thanks for the info. I'll definately keep that in mind. However, I must also point out to you that like many incompetent mechanics who work in many car dealers, those guys had major problems installing my stallion converter, and had to call the manufacture twice to complete the installation, and to make matters worse I went nuts trying to figure out what this noise near the rear wheel was after I got the car back from them, only to find out that once I brought it back, they fixed it and said it was because they didn't tightern the emergency brake cable bracket correctly after they completed the torque converter installation.

And then, while I was installing my Supercharger a couple weeks ago, I noticed that one of the transmission to engine bolts, was hanging halfway out of the hole!! That was because of them when they installed the stallion converter!! The mechanic there also tried to keep my stock torque converter thinking that i was gonna forget about it when I picked my car up(long story).

So it's a mixed bag I guess when you take your car to the dealer.......that's one of the reasons why I usually don't want any dealer touching my car. Most just don't give a rip. But again, thanks for that info. I DO appreciate it.

Dan
05-03-2004, 01:28 PM
BillyG, if it works out, post back here and we can still do it. I am sure that Frank from New Britain will come if he has the time off and I have a neighbor with a Marauder that will probably also come.

f'nQuik, If you think that you are going to be on Rt. 84 near New Britain just send me an email the day or two before and I will gladly make time to meet you somewhere. Even if it is just for a cuppa Jo.

Best,

Dan

BillyGman
05-03-2004, 01:31 PM
okay, I should be able to give you a definate answer by thursday afternoon if that's soon enough.

PhkinQk
05-03-2004, 02:23 PM
So it's a mixed bag I guess when you take your car to the dealer.......that's one of the reasons why I usually don't want any dealer touching my car. Most just don't give a rip. But again, thanks for that info. I DO appreciate it.
Billy, I know a lot of sevice guys are under the gun, but I do pray that's not the norm. The hurriedness is a product of the piece work system most dealers have to pay their tech's.But good luck with it, can't wait to see the finished product.

f'nQuik, If you think that you are going to be on Rt. 84 near New Britain just send me an email the day or two before and I will gladly make time to meet you somewhere. Even if it is just for a cuppa Jo. Best, Dan
Dan, thanks I don't do coffee, never touch the stuff. But I'll take ya up on a beer/drink, lol.

BillyGman
05-03-2004, 03:35 PM
[b][color=blue]Dan, thanks I don't do coffee, never touch the stuff. But I'll take ya up on a beer/drink, lol.

I'm even tougher to deal with than that.....I don't drink coffee nor beer anymore.

Dan
05-03-2004, 06:36 PM
OK, ok. No coffee. :)

Bill, let me know by Thursday. We can figure something out in the between time.

****Quick, I didn't think that you were gonna make it. It would be great if you could.

Does anyone else feel like taking a ride to CT on Saturday for breakfast? I know of a great restaurant that is right on a strip of road that we can do some good laps on.

Best,

Dan

PhkinQk
05-03-2004, 07:15 PM
I'm even tougher to deal with than that.....I don't drink coffee nor beer anymore.
Well me either, now vodka, that's a different story, I'm sure it'll not take any are twisting there, lol.

ultravorx
05-03-2004, 08:26 PM
im up for it on saturday morning, but...... I have to be in at work at 9:30 ( you got to hate retail!!!!) So, if its an early breakfast, i can join. Maybe i you all can visit me at work though!!! :lol:
Frank

Dan
05-03-2004, 09:04 PM
Frank,

If Billy can make it and I can get our buddy in the Red 04 to join us I will try to set it for 8:00 Am so that you can join us. Odds are we will meet at the diner.

I used to work retail. I hated it.

Best,

Dna

Dan
05-03-2004, 09:29 PM
OK. We are set, everyone.

The time is 8:00 am. The location is the New Britain Diner. Just find Rt. 72 off of of 84 and travel it east. Get off at Rt 72 exit #7. Assuming you came from 84 it will be your first exit. At the end of the exit go left and then take your second left into the diner lot. FYI - The COOL KIDS will park across the street from the diner.

I invited some CVN guys there, too. Hopefully they will show. If not, then it will just be me and Frank which will be just fine. Any time there is more than one Marauder aroind is good with me. :)

Best,

Dan

Dan
05-05-2004, 05:34 AM
Rain may be in the offing for Saturday. That might be bad for our meet.

Stay tuned.

Dan

ultravorx
05-07-2004, 08:58 AM
Rain may be in the offing for Saturday. That might be bad for our meet.

Stay tuned.

Dan
Looks like it'll be sunny in new britain tomorrow!!!! So hopefully it'll be on!! :bounce:
Frank

MSR7878
05-07-2004, 03:38 PM
If you guys are still going tommorrow @ 8:00 the wife and I will be there.
- mike

Dan
05-07-2004, 05:00 PM
Go ahead and go, guys. In my expectation for bad weather I made plans. I feel so bad.

I will be scheduling another one of these and might make it a monthly thing for the good weather months.

Best,

Dan

ultravorx
05-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Well, i plan on being there tomorrow at 8, hope to see others there as well!!
Frank

BillyGman
05-07-2004, 11:31 PM
I'm out since 8:00am is waaaay too early for me. I'm always up late on Friday night, and there's no way I'd ever get up at 6:00 am to drive across the other side of the state for a breakfast unless there's some serious single women gonna be there. And I don't mean some bimbos like you'll find working at Hooters throwing their mamaries at everyone to get a bigger tip either.

If you guys ever want to get together at a more conveniant time like for a late lunch at 1:00 or 2:00pm, then you let me know. otherwise, I'll pass. I'm in the habbit of passing overtime up at work on Saturday so I can stay up late Friday night, and sleep late Saturday morning. So if I'm gonna decide to get up that early, then I might as well go to work for some overtime.

Now if you're talking about meeting up at the dragstrip, then that's a different story. I'll get my behind up out of bed early for that once or twice per year. No problem.

PhkinQk
05-08-2004, 03:07 AM
Billy, I see no reason to bash bimbos here. This site has room for everyone, bimbos included. In fact, I for one would like to see more Hooter girls driving Marauders, so there.
:lol:

PS-Interesting premise there............tip to size ratio. It does throw a curve ball into the whole size doesn't matter concept though................:)

unless there's some serious single women gonna be there. And I don't mean some bimbos like you'll find working at Hooters throwing their mamaries at everyone to get a bigger tip either.

BillyGman
05-08-2004, 10:09 AM
Lol.......

BillyGman
05-09-2004, 02:49 PM
So anywho, how did things go people? Did anyone show up? If so, how many Marauder owners were there, and who?

ultravorx
05-09-2004, 03:26 PM
So anywho, how did things go people? Did anyone show up? If so, how many Marauder owners were there, and who?
Well, i was the only one there. I wated till 830 and no one showed. So i left for work. Too bad nobody showed up, oh well, theres always another time.
Frank

BillyGman
05-09-2004, 03:33 PM
That's what i was afraif of Frank. I think that 8:00am on a Saturday morning is just too brutal for most people anyway. Atleast it is for me anyway. But I wonder what happened to "MSR7878" (Mike). he stated that him and the wifey would be there at 8:00am.

martyo
05-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Well, i was the only one there. I wated till 830 and no one showed. So i left for work. Too bad nobody showed up, oh well, theres always another time.
Frank

Now you know how Todd felt one his first attempts at dating.....

BillyGman
05-09-2004, 04:04 PM
Lololololol!!!!!!!

BillyGman
05-09-2004, 04:05 PM
BTW, Marty, we would've invited you, but your car is too fast, and everyone is jealous of you.

martyo
05-09-2004, 04:23 PM
BTW, Marty, we would've invited you, but your car is too fast, and everyone is jealous of you.

Who could blame ya?