PDA

View Full Version : Safe Travels to Carlisle

Bluerauder
06-04-2015, 01:23 PM
Hope everyone has a safe and uneventful trip to the 2015 Carlisle All Ford Nationals. Some are travelling today, others tomorrow, and some on Saturday. See you all on Marauder Mountain on Friday before Noon.

To the Harrisburg Hotel contingent, enjoy your gathering and group get-together tonight with the early arrivals. :up:

Black Terror
06-04-2015, 01:54 PM
When, Where is group get together tonight?
We arrived @4 PM

Bluerauder
06-04-2015, 02:43 PM
When, Where is group get together tonight?
We arrived @4 PM

I don't think that a specific time or location has been selected yet. Check for Eric & Paula (Mr. Man & Ms. Denmark) at the hotel desk or for some of the Marauder gang milling around in the lobby or the bar. I believe that several other members plan to arrive tonight (05CrownSport, Merc, and others). There is a Texas Roadhouse on Union Deposit Road on the other side of I-83 probably less than a mile from the hotel. Some have indicated that they may go back to the Lancaster Brewing Company that they went to one night last year. Lancaster Brewing Company, 469 Eisenhower Blvd. Harrisburg, PA. Website >>>>> www.lbcharrisburg.com

Ms. Denmark
06-04-2015, 02:55 PM
Hi Charlie, we're here and I spoke with Black Terror already. Thanks! I got the following going to Texas Road House @ 6:30 pm tonight: Mr man & me, Jim Taylor, Signorellis, 05Crown sport, The Vermont Woodsmans and The Big Dog. I'm trying to reach Merc & Pam now. We are in room 101 if anyone needs to reach us or call/text my phone.

Blackened300a
06-04-2015, 03:35 PM
Leaving tomorrow at 6am. I expect to be on the showfield for 12:30 or so after checking in and getting the bugs off the car.

Comin' in Hot
06-04-2015, 05:26 PM
Trans is still on the floor lol

Bluerauder
06-04-2015, 05:26 PM
Leaving tomorrow at 6am. I expect to be on the showfield for 12:30 or so after checking in and getting the bugs off the car.

George and I will have a mini-convoy to Carlisle starting at 8:00 AM. Quick stop to ice down the cooler and then join the morning commute on I-95 North. Oughta be at Carlisle before Noon if traffic on the I-495 Capital Beltway cooperates. Smooth sailing after we get past the American Legion Bridge over the Potomac separating VA & MD.

bosscougar
06-04-2015, 06:36 PM
As if today, I have the best Marauder at the show, hands down. I have the only Marauder, so I win! Where were all the die hard car folks today??????

See y'all on Friday, safe travels to Carlisle for the working stiffs and late-comers.

Michael / BossCougar

71cyclone
06-05-2015, 05:41 AM
As if today, I have the best Marauder at the show, hands down. I have the only Marauder, so I win! Where were all the die hard car folks today??????

See y'all on Friday, safe travels to Carlisle for the working stiffs and late-comers.

Michael / BossCougar I will reduce the competition :D this year because the Lincoln [ a few rows over] will be on the "SHO" case this time :burnout:I was not able to bring both cars .:mad:

Ms. Denmark
06-05-2015, 06:07 AM
The Best Western crowd is heading over to the showfield, leaving hotel at 9:30 a with a stop at Starbucks.

Odinson
06-05-2015, 07:15 AM
See you guys tomorrow. Off to Heresy park. :)

jsignorelli
06-05-2015, 10:05 AM
I found a great car wash on Walnut Street (2 miles from the Best Western)

They even cleaned the road dirt off of the engine.

I did have to answer the usual question. " Did I have any trouble putting this engine into the car?"

I said "NO, just in making the check out to the dealer!"

WhatsUpDOHC
06-05-2015, 05:40 PM
See you guys tomorrow. Off to Heresy park. :)
Is the stake burning ride still open?

Bigdogjim
06-05-2015, 05:49 PM
just had dinner tonight at the Pub here at the hotel. I might ditch the car show tomorrow and go to Hershey for the bus museum has the annual Spring Fling Saturday. Two hobby's not enough time:):):)

Odinson
06-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Is the stake burning ride still open?

Didn't see it but was mainly focused on the 4-8 year old crowd. Did get to go on Fahrenheit which was awesome!

Ms. Denmark
06-06-2015, 03:01 PM
Those going to dinner at The Lancaster Brewing Company (717) 564-4448 meet in Best Western parking lot at 6:45, or meet us there. Our reservation is at 7 pm under "Paula".