PDA

View Full Version : Having a Hard Time After Carlisle (2015)

Bluerauder
06-10-2015, 08:03 AM
After all of the months of anticipation and the terrific activities at Carlisle capped with a large turnout of Marauders (35 MMs this year), I am having an especially difficult time this week adjusting to normal life. I just can't seem to come down off the high that I got hanging with friends and family up on Marauder Mountain and seeing old friends, making new ones and just enjoying all of the variations of MMs in Marauderland.

Got to see the Ford GT/GT40 displays, Special Select display, GT350 display and the "60 Years of Thunderbird" display in the buildings and tents. The Car Corral had a great selection of vehicles for sale. Wandered the 4 different showfields and took lots of pics. Even took the shuttle over to the Ford Expo Center and drove a couple new Fords like the F-150 EcoBoost, Edge, Fusion Hybrid (didn't know that thing had started), and a new Taurus. I browsed the inside showroom while S.O.B. waited in line to drive the Mustang. Even took a front row seat to the "Ms. Carlisle" contest just by chance after dropping our voting ballots at the registration building. Back early on Sunday to walk the showfields and browse some areas that we missed on Friday and Saturday. It was a great weekend and an excellent opportunity for me and George to hang out together and enjoy our mutual passion for cars.

This event has grown to proportions that I think even surprises the Carlisle Event staff. The MM presence on the showfield is highly evident and our position on the Hill means that everyone, everywhere can see us from anywhere on the showfield or in the grandstands.

Gotta get back to normal life again ..... but I am still reliving and thinking about 2015 Carlisle "All Ford Nationals" Weekend and am already looking forward to 2016.

Mark your calendars now for ....... 3-5 June 2016 !!!!

Thanks to the Blackened300a/Papillon team that continue the fine tradition of representing MM.Net to all the car clubs, vendors, event staff, and Ford representatives at Carlisle this year. The T-Shirts and "Piston" trophies this year were excellent. Thanks to Ms. Denmark and Mr. Man for coordinating the hotel for the Harrisburg contingent. Thanks also to jsignorelli for the Sangria (nice !!!) and to Jimbok1951 for the soft pretzels (love 'em !!) and Thanks also to everyone who brought coolers, drinks, bottled water and snacks to share up in the tent area. And Thanks to all the attendees/participants for making this a great gathering event. :2thumbs:

MM.Net should be able to break the 40 MM barrier next year.

Start making your hotel reservations for next year's event soon. The area fills up quickly as the All Ford Show also gets bigger every year with over 3,000 cars registered this year.

Bigdogjim
06-10-2015, 02:25 PM
Yeah it was really hard on me I spent 2 days at Capitol Health Hospital in Hopewell, NJ

Got home last night, have problems but tons of tests show all's well? :argh::confused:

They just said go home? :lol:

Bluerauder
06-10-2015, 04:13 PM
I spent 2 days at Capitol Health Hospital in Hopewell, NJ

Got home last night, have problems but tons of tests show all's well? :argh::confused:

What the heck is going on with you ??? The hospital doesn't know ? Hope you are OK !!

Bigdogjim
06-10-2015, 05:03 PM
It is crazy I know however that Hospital knows me real well:)

Thought it might be heart related however after the nuclear medicine stress test (almost 5 hours) it reveled nothing out of place, no valve issues no blockage. (yeah!)
X-rays of lungs lots of blood tests(always fun) Breathing test's were A-OK. Ran some other test's I never heard of that pointed to asthma. I know it's been a issue through out my life but never caused that kind of issue with breathing. I went to work today and felt ok. A little tired but hey when they wake you up ever few house for temp., blood, etc.. what can you say. :)

The attending Doctors were very pleased with the results taking in account age, weight, etc.

I am rolling along feeling well.
Sorry for the blunt remarks in the first post.:)

Should have thought it out a little better.

I was thinking I get a exact answer. Sometimes there is none to be had.

Ms. Denmark
06-10-2015, 06:14 PM
We always enjoy Carlisle and this year was no different. It's great to see old friends and meet some new ones. It some cases we hadn't seen people since last year, but you pick right up where you left off as if 12 months hadn't gone by. Amazing what a car can do! BTW seems enough people are still interested in staying at the Best Western so I'll go ahead and reserve another block for 2016. It will come around sooner than you think. In the meantime, maybe some of us East Coasters will venture out to Las Vegas. :cool: ;)

jsignorelli
06-10-2015, 07:53 PM
The staff at the Best western has always gone out of their way to provide anything I have needed. They are tops in my book.

I have marked my calendar for next year. It is very easy to remember.... it is always the weekend of my wedding anniversary. So next year, Joanne & I will celebrate # 47 on the show field.

Bigdogjim
06-14-2015, 09:05 AM
Too bad there is not two Carlisle weekends a year:)

Bluerauder
06-14-2015, 09:32 AM

You could go every other week if you bought a Chevy, a Dodge, a Truck, a Corvette ......

Bigdogjim
06-14-2015, 10:14 PM
Yeah the got like 26 weekends between all the other places. I only want our crowd:)

I guess Vegas will be fine till next June. :up:

jsignorelli
06-15-2015, 07:30 AM
While there aren't two Carlisle weekends, there are 51 other weekends. The MM crew can meet up as friends and do things together. My Mustang and SAAC clubs runs events throughout the year so we keep a social side to the club, as well as the car show side. We do fall foliage tours, bowling nights, holiday dinners at a nice restaurant, etc.

Bluerauder
06-15-2015, 08:29 AM
While there aren't two Carlisle weekends, there are 51 other weekends. The MM crew can meet up as friends and do things together. My Mustang and SAAC clubs runs events throughout the year so we keep a social side to the club, as well as the car show side. We do fall foliage tours, bowling nights, holiday dinners at a nice restaurant, etc.

The CAM group used to meet monthly beginning in 2003 for years at local places to hang out, have a lunch, and just socialize. Over the past couple years, these get-togethers have fallen off considerably as CAM membership has changed and members come and go from the area. The annual Bert's 50s Diner meet in April was sparsely attended this year. We'll see how the Captain Dan's Crabhouse meet in July shapes up.

Mr. Man
06-15-2015, 09:09 AM
All it takes is for someone to take the initiative to start a thread. Meet at so and so on such and such.

FastMerc
06-15-2015, 12:44 PM
All it takes is for someone to take the initiative to start a thread. Meet at so and so on such and such.

I tried that last year and it didn't work out so well, oh well...:alone:

Mr. Man
06-15-2015, 12:51 PM
I tried that last year and it didn't work out so well, oh well...:alone:I remember, but at least you tried. Meeting for food usually works for our group.:)

Bigdogjim
06-15-2015, 05:25 PM
Did someone say food? Where and when? :lol:

Mr. Man
06-15-2015, 06:35 PM
Did someone say food? Where and when? :lol:Set something up at Chickie and Pete's for July Jim.

cat in the hat
06-15-2015, 07:15 PM
We always enjoy Carlisle and this year was no different. It's great to see old friends and meet some new ones . . . . BTW seems enough people are still interested in staying at the Best Western so I'll go ahead and reserve another block for 2016. It will come around sooner than you think. In the meantime, maybe some of us East Coasters will venture out to Las Vegas. :cool: ;)

This ! (except for Vegas, not in the cards for us this year)

And this ! One at the beginning of June and one at the end of September would be ideal :)

cat in the hat
06-15-2015, 07:23 PM
Set something up at Chickie and Pete's for July Jim.

All the newer Chickie and Pete's are the size of aircraft hangars, you could show up with 40 people and they'd barely notice ;)

Bigdogjim
06-16-2015, 07:52 AM
Will start a thread in a day or so need to look at dates.

Stay tuned.

Ms. Denmark
06-16-2015, 09:36 AM
The staff at the Best western has always gone out of their way to provide anything I have needed. They are tops in my book.

I have marked my calendar for next year. It is very easy to remember.... it is always the weekend of my wedding anniversary. So next year, Joanne & I will celebrate # 47 on the show field.

Glad you enjoyed it, Jim! I think most people had a good experience at the hotel this year. So for you & Joanne, Cat-in-the-Hat & Jody and all the others who like to stay at The Best Western, I just got off the phone with the hotel and arranged our reserved block of rooms for Marauders at Carlisle 2016. I'll receive the contract today so details to follow shortly in a new thread. It's never too soon to make plans for June 2-5, 2016!

jsignorelli
06-16-2015, 12:21 PM
My friends from SAAC meet every second Sunday for breakfast at a diner (throughout the year) The husbands, wives, and significant others spend several hours getting caught up on the last months activities. We plan events and attendance at shows, remember those who we lost, and welcome new members.

Bigdogjim is correct: Food... did somebody say food?

Odinson
06-16-2015, 01:25 PM
We had a good time. Great to see everybody.

Come hell or high water I'll be bringing the van next year. Might make a bigger vacation out of it too.

cat in the hat
06-16-2015, 02:04 PM
We had a good time [ . . . ] Might make a bigger vacation out of it too.

The best thing I did this year was get there on Thursday, instead of driving out on Friday (as I have in the past). It was MUCH more enjoyable to have all day Friday to take care of admin, prep the car etc. without rushing around.

Odinson
06-16-2015, 03:40 PM
The best thing I did this year was get there on Thursday, instead of driving out on Friday (as I have in the past). It was MUCH more enjoyable to have all day Friday to take care of admin, prep the car etc. without rushing around.

In the past I had done more to the car the weekend before the show, plus the little one ain't so little anymore. Just more to do.

AND... If I bring the van to show it is MASSIVE. Lots more square feet to clean and polish. And next year, we're bringing the dogs. Forget it if I loose my marbles and trailer one with the other and show them both. I'm a one man show. I might just keel over. :banana:

jsignorelli
06-16-2015, 08:53 PM
We also got there on Thursday for a group dinner at the Texas Roadhouse. A group breakfast Friday and Saturday at the Irish Pub in the hotel before heading out for the show field. Dinner Friday night as a group. Social gatherings make the shows more relaxing.