PDA

View Full Version : German mini meet

MGDriver
06-28-2015, 11:44 AM
Met up with a fellow member and another guy over from CVN in Münster today.

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1061275/fullsize/dsc06971.jpg
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1061277/fullsize/dsc06973.jpg
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1061271/fullsize/dsc06967.jpg

justbob
06-28-2015, 12:31 PM
Very cool! Well, except for the CVN part. LOL

Builder Of Badassery

RF Overlord
06-28-2015, 12:56 PM
That's awesome...the first Marauder meet outside the US...I love it!

Alright, alright...I'm sure there have been meets in The Canada...but the cars were built there, so it's not the same.... :D

MMBLUE
06-28-2015, 06:10 PM
Awesome way to represent ;)

Mebot
06-28-2015, 06:34 PM
That's really cool! Need more action shots like all of y'all rollin' on the Autobahn or in front of a cool Bavarian beer hall or something.

Can't stop the signal...

martyo
06-29-2015, 05:47 AM
That is cool!

MGDriver
06-29-2015, 06:19 AM
This was at a local Mustang gathering, you can see them parked either side of us, had about 20 odd Mustangs there and we decided to crash their party with the Mercurys.

First Marauder meet outside North America? Well maybe but I wouldn't be surprised if the Middle Eastern folks held one before. There are a few Marauders out here in Europe but it's really difficult to get all the owners together as there is no real platform where everyone could go to. The guy with the blacked out MM lives in Münster and set this up, I drove 200 miles just to meet him.

We'll meet again next weekend so maybe we can get some Autobahn shots for you then but the Bavarian beer hall thing could be difficult as we're up in the North so Bavaria is 300 miles away.

fastblackmerc
06-29-2015, 06:52 AM
This was at a local Mustang gathering, you can see them parked either side of us, had about 20 odd Mustangs there and we decided to crash their party with the Mercurys.

First Marauder meet outside North America? Well maybe but I wouldn't be surprised if the Middle Eastern folks held one before. There are a few Marauders out here in Europe but it's really difficult to get all the owners together as there is no real platform where everyone could go to. The guy with the blacked out MM lives in Münster and set this up, I drove 200 miles just to meet him.

We'll meet again next weekend so maybe we can get some Autobahn shots for you then but the Bavarian beer hall thing could be difficult as we're up in the North so Bavaria is 300 miles away.

Ask the website owners to setup a "European" forum. There is a middle east forum.

jsignorelli
06-29-2015, 07:18 AM
Where are you guys located in Germany?

My wife and I are spending most of August touring your country (Aug 1-11) and then extending our stay several days in Cologne.(Aug 11-18).

MGDriver
06-29-2015, 09:50 AM
Ask the website owners to setup a "European" forum. There is a middle east forum.

That would be really cool, I know we have a lot of European members on here, mostly fans but also some owners they just never post anything possibly due to the language barrier. Now if we had a subforum where we could possibly even speak German or other languages it would be easier to get connected and set stuff up. So who do I need to talk to for setting a European subforum up?

Where are you guys located in Germany?

My wife and I are spending most of August touring your country (Aug 1-11) and then extending our stay several days in Cologne.(Aug 11-18).

I live in Paderborn which is about 100 miles North East of Cologne but I wouldn't mind driving down there if you'd like to meet up. Do you already have a route planned around the country?

Mr. Man
06-29-2015, 10:26 AM
PM MM03MOK about setting up a European sub-forum. I'm sure she would be happy to do it.

Esilar
06-29-2015, 01:41 PM
Thats great. First meeting in Europe i guess. :banana:

RF Overlord
06-29-2015, 03:50 PM
First Marauder meet outside North America? Well maybe but I wouldn't be surprised if the Middle Eastern folks held one before. Yeah, I forgot the Saudis and the Kuwaitis are big fans of the Panther platform, but they've never posted about any Marauder meets.

First meeting in Europe i guess. There you go... :D

Mr. Man
06-29-2015, 06:59 PM
Yeah, I forgot the Saudis and the Kuwaitis are big fans of the Panther platform, but they've never posted about any Marauder meets.

There you go... :DMarauder specific meets maybe not but they do post up with pictures their Panther meets.

MGDriver
06-30-2015, 12:06 AM
Thats great. First meeting in Europe i guess. :banana:

If you ever find yourself in NRW state let me know, maybe we can get 3 Marauders together for a meeting!

MGDriver
07-01-2015, 02:45 AM
PM MM03MOK about setting up a European sub-forum. I'm sure she would be happy to do it.

I've PM'ed her, let's see what happens.

jsignorelli
07-01-2015, 05:16 AM
The attached spreadsheet is a day by day of the trip.

The weekend we are in Cologne, our family friend is taking us to his parents house for a BBQ, American style.

Bluerauder
07-01-2015, 06:12 AM

The weekend we are in Cologne, our family friend is taking us to his parents house for a BBQ, American style.

Looks like a great trip. I am sure that you will enjoy the KD Cruise up the Middle Rhein.http://www.kdrhine.com/ You will probably actually depart from Mainz on the Rhein. Frankfurt is on the Main River (i.e. Frankfurt am Main). You will pass lots of castles overlooking the river including the famous Lorelei Rock. My wife and I spent our 18th Anniversary in a suite at Burg Rheinfels http://www.schloss-rheinfels.net/ overlooking the town of St. Goar. Absolutely beautiful. We've taken the cruise up the river several times and returned to our starting point by train that runs up-down the side of the river.

We lived in Germany for 6 years on two different occasions. First in 1975-1978 and then again in 1986-1989. Saw lots of the sites that you will visit including Nuremberg (Christkindl Markt), Neuschwanstein (King Ludwig's castle) http://www.neuschwanstein.de/englisch/tourist/ , Rothenburg ob der Tauber (Medieval Walled City) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rothenburg_ob_der_Tauber and the Black Forest. We lived in Heidelberg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidelberg for 3 years on our last tour ... courtesy of the US Army. Our oldest son was born in Germany.

If you have any questions, send me a PM.

BTW -- Paderborn is about 60 miles from Dusseldorf. You may be able to arrange a meeting with MGDriver if you are there for any amount of time on the evening of Tuesday, 4 Aug.

MGDriver
07-01-2015, 10:38 AM

We lived in Heidelberg for 3 years on our last tour ... courtesy of the US Army.

BTW -- Paderborn is about 60 miles from Dusseldorf. You may be able to arrange a meeting with MGDriver if you are there for any amount of time on the evening of Tuesday, 4 Aug.

Heidelberg? I know that place well since we've got family there and I always loved visiting them as a kid because we would see all those American cars from US military staff around. Something you don't get to see in my area, we have the British Army in Paderborn and they don't drive interesting cars.

Paderborn is also 100 miles from Cologne so I wouldn't mind taking the drive down there to meet up, easy to do for a day trip on the weekend.

Esilar
07-01-2015, 02:57 PM

Too bad, at the Berlin time i already started my holidays and so i'm out of the city else i'd said 'Welcome to Berlin'. Enjoy your trip!

jsignorelli
07-01-2015, 08:09 PM
Our family friends live in Obererbach. They are planning to pick Joanne & I up at the Marriott in Cologne on the Saturday (Aug 15th) for the drive on the Autobahn to their home.
I let them drive my 1993 Mustang (750 HP) on Route 80 in New Jersey last fall. That is our version of the Autobahn on the east coast. They feel obligated to return the favor.

Interstate 40 between Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon is the real deal... NO SPEED LIMIT!
The signs on Route 40 read: "What ever the weather permits"

I was doing 125 MPH in a rented Shelby Mustang, and cars were passing me.

MGDriver
07-02-2015, 01:23 AM
Had to look it up but apparently Obererbach is about 60 miles south east of Cologne and you'll be taking the Autobahn A3 down there which has me hoping you can actually get to enjoy the drive because the A3 is the main connector between Cologne and Frankfurt and can be rampacked full at times. If you would like to meet up with me I suggest we do it in Cologne because Obererbach is further for me, you can PM me to discuss this further.

I didn't know there were places left with no speed limit in the States, I remember back in the day the state of Montana didn't have speed limits on their highways. I usually set my cruise at 100 mph, this has proven to be a good compromise between fuel consumption and covered distance in the Marauder. Fastest I've ever done with it was 140 mph and at that speed you can litterally watch the fuel gauge move. These days most German cars are electronically limited to 155 mph so I can't quite outrun them but it's still fun to watch the faces of the ignorant Audi/Benz/BMW drivers who occasionally cut me off thinking I'm a slow yank tank anyway but I stay right on their tail as they try to pull away.

Bluerauder
07-02-2015, 07:25 AM
Heidelberg? I know that place well since we've got family there and I always loved visiting them as a kid because we would see all those American cars from US military staff around.

Not much of a US presence in the Heidelberg area anymore. The US Garrison and Military Community there officially closed in September 2013. Many of the facilities have been turned back to the German government or commercial entities. All of the turn-back activities should be completed by the end of 2015.

My family and I really enjoyed living there. It was also a great location for heading out to other destinations in the north, south, east or west and had great connections to the Autobahns. I lived about 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) from the Hockenheim Ring as the crow flies. Close enough to hear Formula 1 and motorcycle racing on some weekends.

MM03MOK
07-02-2015, 07:39 AM
Please note: NEW FORUM - EUROPEAN MARAUDERS!!

:woohoo:

Cobra25
07-02-2015, 06:40 PM
Very Cool. !

jsignorelli
07-02-2015, 07:17 PM
This is what I allowed our friend Jonas to drive on Rt 80 from the George Washington Bridge to the Delaware Water Gap. He did the posted speed for most of the trip... 80
All those Blue and White signs with the big 80 on them reminded you of the speed limit.

MGDriver
07-03-2015, 01:20 AM
My family and I really enjoyed living there. It was also a great location for heading out to other destinations in the north, south, east or west and had great connections to the Autobahns. I lived about 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) from the Hockenheim Ring as the crow flies. Close enough to hear Formula 1 and motorcycle racing on some weekends.

Heidelberg is a beautiful area but very expensive to live in, probably not so much for you military folks but certainly for the locals. I seem it recall it was ranked amongst the top 10 places with the highest costs of living in Germany. My relatives had to sell their beautiful family home on a hillside in Ziegelhausen and move into an apartment complex a few years ago because they couldn't afford the upkeep anymore. I was sad to see it go as I always loved it there, had a wonderful view over the Neckar river.
I live in the middle of nowhere, my area is boring but living is cheap so I can afford driving a big American land yacht, try that in Heidelberg insurance will kill you.

Please note: NEW FORUM - EUROPEAN MARAUDERS!!

:woohoo:
Eurorauders representing!:banana::burn:

This is what I allowed our friend Jonas to drive on Rt 80 from the George Washington Bridge to the Delaware Water Gap. He did the posted speed for most of the trip... 80
All those Blue and White signs with the big 80 on them reminded you of the speed limit.

Nice Fox! I used to have a New Edge before the Marauder, 2004 GT 40th Anniversary and that thing was fast, had it up to 160 mph before.

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/965253/fullsize/dscn0912.jpg

jsignorelli
07-03-2015, 05:36 PM
Ford has been running driving events at all of the major shows. You get to drive the 2015 GT, if you know how to drive stick. Otherwise, the sales rep drives, and you hang on for dear life.

I love the color of your car. What is the name? I have a 2010 Sport Fusion in Sangria Red (factory name for the color).

Esilar
07-04-2015, 07:07 AM
I usually set my cruise at 100 mph, this has proven to be a good compromise between fuel consumption and covered distance in the Marauder. Fastest I've ever done with it was 140 mph and at that speed you can litterally watch the fuel gauge move.
Yep. It feels comfortable till 110 mph, after that it get's noisy and the factory suspension reach it's limit. Surprisingly till 100 mph the fuel consumption doesn't increase much. :)

jsignorelli
07-04-2015, 03:14 PM
I have all of my high performance cars dyno tuned for 80 MPH. The gas consumption is fantastic at 70-75 MPH and then starts to fall of above 80 and below 50.
The '93 has 750 HP so dyno tuning is a must, and I'll get 25 MPG.
The Marauder was dyno tuned with 425 HP and gets 25 MPG, if I maintain 70 MPH.
The 70 Boss 302 is a pig. All I can squeeze out of her with dyno tuning is 15-18 MPG. It is those damn carburetors.

MGDriver
07-05-2015, 11:54 PM
I love the color of your car. What is the name? I have a 2010 Sport Fusion in Sangria Red (factory name for the color).

I believe it is called Crimson Red which was exclusive to the 40th Anniversary Package.

ChiTownMaraud3r
07-06-2015, 02:08 AM
Very cool. Been in Italy for a month, and the only american sedans I have seen are Chrysler 300s. 300/magnum combo.

jsignorelli
07-06-2015, 05:55 AM
I intend to spend next summer in Italy (mid August through mid September) seeing where my grandparents came from. One site I have to visit is the ancestral home of a distant (departed) relative, Luka Signorelli

see website (http://www.santantonio.it/en/doc-s-27-310-311-30-1.aspx )

MGDriver
07-07-2015, 12:54 AM
Very cool. Been in Italy for a month, and the only american sedans I have seen are Chrysler 300s. 300/magnum combo.
That's because those are officially sold in Europe and now that Fiat took overship of Chrysler they are marketed as Lancias so the Chrysler 300 is now a Lancia Thema here.

http://auto-clever.de/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Lancia-Thema-Heck.jpg

I intend to spend next summer in Italy (mid August through mid September) seeing where my grandparents came from. One site I have to visit is the ancestral home of a distant (departed) relative, Luka Signorelli

see website (http://www.santantonio.it/en/doc-s-27-310-311-30-1.aspx )

Really cool, you are getting to see more of Europe than I have! I've been to Italy just for business so I didn't see much of it and always in the arguably borning northern part around Milano and Torino.

03knight
07-07-2015, 02:37 AM
id love to get another meet together.. well as soon as I figure out whats going on with my MM.. so far its looking good but I wont know for sure until I get my bore scope camera in the mail.

MGDriver
07-07-2015, 06:25 AM
Yeah problem is we are spread too far apart but maybe we should all discuss a Marauderville Germany somewhere in centralized location that's relatively easy for everyone to get to.

Mr. Man
07-07-2015, 02:39 PM
That's because those are officially sold in Europe and now that Fiat took overship of Chrysler they are marketed as Lancias so the Chrysler 300 is now a Lancia Thema here.

http://auto-clever.de/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Lancia-Thema-Heck.jpg

Really cool, you are getting to see more of Europe than I have! I've been to Italy just for business so I didn't see much of it and always in the arguably borning northern part around Milano and Torino.This made be do a triple take. Lancia's I'm familiar with from the 70's were crap.

03knight
07-12-2015, 08:35 AM
Alright the car is back up and running... So what about a köln meet?

jsignorelli
07-12-2015, 05:36 PM
My wife & I will be in Cologne (Koln) from Aug 13 - 18.

We are staying at the Marriott Hotel. We have a BBQ on Saturday (08/15) with my son's intern from BMW. He had to go home in December, after his 10 month internship here in the states at Corp HQ.

If we can get together any day except that Saturday (08/15), that would be great.
If you can meet up, send me a PM and I'll send my cell number. I arranged for international service already with my provider (Verizon).

03knight
07-14-2015, 09:15 AM
I'm okay with this, just waiting for everyone else to chime in.

jsignorelli
07-14-2015, 04:56 PM
My Marriott is in the city center, which makes parking at the hotel expensive. HOWEVER.......... there are taxi's in front of the hotel. If meeting somewhere else in the city works for you, just send me the address and I'll let the taxi driver find it.

MGDriver
07-16-2015, 03:30 AM
Count me in on the Köln meet, I could make the Friday the 14th or Sunday the 16th work, whichever you guys prefer. I will ask my friend from Münster who also owns a Marauder but isn't active on the forums to see if he wants to join us as well.

As for a place to meet, what would you think about the Ford Europe Headquarters which are just north of Köln? If we can get a few or even just 2 Marauders together it could be a nice backdrop for some photos. Meeting in the city center is difficult with cars anyway but I wouldn't mind picking you guys up from the Marriott to save you the Taxi fare, they are expensive in Germany.

jsignorelli
07-16-2015, 11:14 AM
That would be great. Just let me know the time on Friday night and we will be in front of the hotel. I'll send my cell number and hotel address in a PM tonight.

Joanne & I will wear our Marauder.Net jackets (easy to ID the American tourists) in front of the hotel. The jackets are Black nylon windbreakers with giant MM.Net embroidered patches on the front and back.

I leave the USA on August 1st. The tour ends eleven days later. Joanne and I then board the train to Cologne while the rest of the tour returns to the states. We extended our stay in Germany to visit with friends, and now with new Marauder friends. See you soon.

Jim

Ford Crown Vic
07-25-2015, 03:35 AM
Hello every one!There is one Marauder in Prague,Czech republic

jsignorelli
07-25-2015, 07:13 AM
Has anyone in the European community of Marauder owners every researched how their cars got to the continent? It would make for interesting info on the fact sheets at car shows and met ups.
In the states, we have the dealership where purchased and the tail of former owners (if applicable). Then we start listing the mods because we can't leave a car alone... or at least I can't!

MGDriver
07-26-2015, 08:38 AM
Yes, I have the entire history record of my car. Originally from Ohio it was exported to Germany via New York and Belgium.

jsignorelli
07-26-2015, 09:29 AM
I have a few items for you from our Carlisle All Fords Car show and a little something to remind you of our meet up in Cologne. I really looking forward to meeting our European brothers and sisters. Friday night, August 14th can't come fast enough.

What time do you think you'll be getting in front of our hotel?

MGDriver
07-26-2015, 10:22 AM
Sounds exiting! I talked to my friend Achim in Münster but he isn't sure if he is free on the 14th yet so it'll be a short notice whether he joins us or not. In reply to your message I'm happy for you to bring your friend Jonas along, my girlfriend Daniela will be joining me as well and she doesn't speak much English so it gives her someone to talk to.

I finish work at 14:00 and the drive to Cologne takes me roughly 2 hours depending on traffic (which will be terrible on a Friday afternoon) so expect me to roll up in front of the hotel at round 16:00.

Have you heard of 03knight again if he joins us as well?

jsignorelli
07-26-2015, 11:26 AM
I'll bring two of the special items to Germany. If Achim can't make it to the meet up, I'll have a spare for the trip.
I'll email Jonas today that we are on for that Friday night. He works in the automotive industry. He was an intern at BMW here in the states (North American HQ in north Jersey).

Dereck
07-27-2015, 02:25 PM
Hi Guys

Does this meet have an address? I been looking into the logistics of trying to make this meet.

Regards

Dereck

MGDriver
07-28-2015, 08:33 AM
We haven't yet got an exact location for the meet but it'll certainly be somewhere in or near Cologne, suggestions included the Ford Headquarters. It's one hell of a drive from England just for a night in Cologne but if you wanna make it out here for it, I'd be more than happy to meet you!

jsignorelli
07-28-2015, 10:23 AM
I checked the airline. Luftansa will not allow me to bring the car over as carry-on luggage. So Joanne & I will not have our Marauder or any of the Mustangs.
They just need bigger planes!

Dereck
07-28-2015, 01:25 PM
Hi MGDriver

It's one hell of a drive from England just for a night in Cologne but if you wanna make it out here for it, I'd be more than happy to meet you!

It might be a big drive by European standards but it would bearly get you across some states, it's about eight hours driving and a two hour boat ride each way. I am actually further from Dover for the cross channel ferry than it is from Dunkirk to Cologne.

Regards

Dereck

jsignorelli
07-28-2015, 02:09 PM
Our friend Jonas drove from Bergen county New Jersey (GW bridge area) to Niagara Falls last year on Memorial Day weekend. He wanted to know after he returned how many states did he drive through, as he drove for 10 hours.
He was shocked when I said " you never left New York".
He replied, "but I drove for 10 hours"
I showed him a map of Texas. and said, "you would have been driving for three days. welcome to America". Last month, I sent him a map of Texas super-imposed over a map of Europe. I proved my point!

MGDriver
07-29-2015, 06:51 AM
Hi MGDriver
It might be a big drive by European standards but it would bearly get you across some states, it's about eight hours driving and a two hour boat ride each way. I am actually further from Dover for the cross channel ferry than it is from Dunkirk to Cologne.
Regards

Dereck

So can we count you in Dereck? Would be awesome if you could make it!

Dereck
07-29-2015, 11:19 AM
Hi Jsignorelli

Has anyone in the European community of Marauder owners every researched how their cars got to the continent?

http://photos.marinetraffic.com/ais/showphoto.aspx?mmsi=432666000&imo=9464388
Click Me (http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?MMSI=43266600 0)

Yes that is the boat it sailed on, left Jacksonville, FL on November 3rd 2009 and landed in Southampton, UK on November 19th 2009, I seem to remember the boat stopped in Spain on the way.

Hi MGDRiver

So can we count you in Dereck?

Working on it

Regards

Dereck

MGDriver
07-29-2015, 01:12 PM
Okay I'm possibly considering to extend the meeting onto Saturday as well, I've had a few more people expressing interest to join but their work schedule doesn't allow for them to turn up on Friday. What I'm planning to do is arrive Friday late afternoon and stay the night in a hotel to meet with a few more people on Saturday, this might make sense for Dereck as well if he's coming all the way over from England.

Let's turn this into a multi day Marauderville Germany event, I came up with a possibly plan which at the moment is just a wild idea in my head but let's see what you think. We all meet Friday afternoon at the Ford factory in Cologne for a bit of a chat and some photos, we either leave it at that or I could look into the possibility of getting a factory tour with Ford? Then after that head off to somewhere nice to hang out for dinner and stay in a hotel for the night. On Saturday morning we could meet again and convoy down to the Nürburgring which is only an hours drive from Cologne and spend the rest of day there with the possibility of taking our cars on track before heading back home.

Any thoughts?

jsignorelli
07-29-2015, 05:47 PM
My wife and I can do the Friday, as we arrive in Cologne the day before. We are already booked for all day Saturday (08/15) with our friend who lives in Cologne. He is taking us up to his parents home for an American style BBQ.

MGDriver
07-30-2015, 08:23 AM
Which is fine, I'm just considering to do both days because most people are free on the Saturday and won't make it for Friday. I now have a guy from Switzerland wanting to join but he has a 6 hours drive so after finishing work on Friday he won't make it to Cologne in time.

jsignorelli
07-31-2015, 06:24 PM
We are less than 24 hours away from Joanne and I departing Newark Airport for Frankfurt.
The next 13 days will be hectic, to say the least.
Looking ahead, we can't wait for Friday, August 14th for the German mini-meet.
It will be like a German version of Marauderville and the Carlisle All Ford weekend.

See you all in a few days

jsignorelli
08-01-2015, 07:52 AM
Our friend who lives in Cologne just contacted me. He will be joining our mini-Marauderville, German style on Friday night.
While he was in America, he stayed at my son's house in a spare bedroom. They both worked at BMW. We had 10 months to sway Jonas over to the Ford Dark Side! It worked.

Dereck
08-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Hi Guys

I have just booked a return train ride across (well under) the channel so the likelyhood of me turning up has increased significantly, it would be nice if some one would post up an address I can head for to save me driving around Cologne looking for another Marauder to follow.

Regards

Dereck

MGDriver
08-04-2015, 02:56 AM
Hi Dereck,

I'm going to PM you my phone number so you can text me for further details as we are getting closer to the event. I'm still trying to find an appropriate place to meet as I've learned apparently Ford doesn't want group gatherings on their parking lot. A guy from our local Mustang club told me that security chased them off the premises as they were gathering in the Ford visitor car park.
Would you consider also staying for the Saturday to join us at the Nürburgring? I can post up some hotel information for those who consider to stay and join us at the Ring, I will also be booking a hotel.

Also my friend Achim managed to get the day off work so he will be there too with his son Max, we will convoy down to Cologne together so there will be 2 Marauders turning up in front of your hotel, Jim.

Dereck
08-04-2015, 11:17 PM
Hi MGDriver

Hi Dereck,

I'm going to PM you my phone number so you can text me for further details as we are getting closer to the event.

I sent you a text last night so hopefully you now have my cellphone number.

Would you consider also staying for the Saturday to join us at the Nürburgring?

Not this time my friend I kind off would like to be back in Somerset County by about 1pm Saturday, maybe next time, this is just a quick dash across the channel for a burger and to hang for a while.

Regards

Dereck

Dereck
08-05-2015, 02:57 AM
Hi Guys

What about meeting at Miss PeppeR (http://www.misspepper.de/locations/frechen/)? Too far out of town? Too American?

Regards

Dereck

MGDriver
08-09-2015, 03:23 AM
That sounds like a great idea Dereck and I think we can all agree with that so it looks like we have a place set.
So here's their address for everyone who wants to join us, we'll meet in their car park at 5.00 PM on Friday, 14th August.

Miss PeppeR American Restaurant
Kölner Straße 209
50226 Frechen
Germany

I'm going to give them a call during the week to reserve a table for us.

Dereck
08-09-2015, 12:59 PM
Hi MGDriver

Assuming there are no traffic problems, breakdowns or immigrants blocking The Channel Tunnel I guess I should be arriving about 4:30, maybe just enough time to clean 500 miles of road dirt from my car :)

Regards

Dereck