PDA

View Full Version : Kook's is on! wow

darebren
05-05-2004, 08:58 AM
one word. WOW.

i love it, it revs up so fast, and just screams.. people look at it, and smile. it's not too loud at idle or coast, but it does scream at revs.. man, what a cool toy.

2003 MIB
05-05-2004, 09:11 AM
one word. WOW.

i love it, it revs up so fast, and just screams.. people look at it, and smile. it's not too loud at idle or coast, but it does scream at revs.. man, what a cool toy.

Yeah, it's great to be us!!!

BillyGman
05-05-2004, 09:16 AM
Hey, congratulations!!! Yep, the Kooks exhaust package is one of the coolest mods I've added to my car too. I have nothing bad to say about it. It makes the car sound so great, and every hi-perf car enthusiast tells me that too!!!

CRUZTAKER
05-05-2004, 04:20 PM
The added 30-35 hp ain't too bad either! Hit the dyno and see your changes....niiiice.:cool:

darebren
05-05-2004, 05:15 PM
first time i turned the radio off.. in awhile. :rock:

BillyGman
05-05-2004, 06:46 PM
Yeah, the cool sound is addictive........it can cause you to romp on the car a bit more just to hear it. And like Barry said, some extra power is always welcome too.

darebren
05-06-2004, 04:47 AM
I have noticed that my oil temp has risen 10 degrees now though, it is around 205 to 210, I think that is too hot, but my oil is old, so i will change it first, and then if it stays high, I will look to get a new pan with fins on it or a larger one, or wrap it in sticky heat shield?

MENINBLK
05-06-2004, 04:59 AM
I have noticed that my oil temp has risen 10 degrees now though, it is around 205 to 210, I think that is too hot, but my oil is old, so i will change it first, and then if it stays high, I will look to get a new pan with fins on it or a larger one, or wrap it in sticky heat shield?

How many miles do you have on the Motor Oil ?
Ford recommends 5,000 miles Motor Oil changes, but I'm sticking to 3,000 myself.
I am also using Mobil1 0W20 Synthetic Oil and a K&N HP-2010 Oil Filter.

2003 MIB
05-06-2004, 05:01 AM

Interesting...I am examining/researching a rear sump 7 quart "T-shaped" design that claims to not compromise ground clearance. I didn't see cooling fins in the picture. Who's unit are you considering?

Logan
05-06-2004, 05:27 AM
My supercharged car can get up to 230 degree's when I beat on it. That's ridiculous and has been causing detonation problems when it's that hot. I'm researching doing an oil cooler setup for my car... It needs it.

MENINBLK
05-06-2004, 05:40 AM
My supercharged car can get up to 230 degree's when I beat on it. That's ridiculous and has been causing detonation problems when it's that hot. I'm researching doing an oil cooler setup for my car... It needs it.

If you car is getting its Motor Oil that hot, you will also need a HIGH FLOW Oil Filter.
Using a K&N Oil Filter will get you up to 9 Gallons per minute flow rate.
No other filter that I know of has a flow rate that high.
There may be others.

You may also have to investigate what the peak flow output of our Oil Pumps are.
It may require a mod or upgrade.
Higher Flow rates will improve cooling dramatically.