PDA

View Full Version : AER Fun...

Logan
05-08-2004, 05:13 PM
AER turned out to be a great show. I swear, that cruzer fella is touched by the angels. I'll let his lucky ass explain why...

Congrats to all, it was great seein' y'all, I'll post up some pics shortly.

2003 MIB
05-09-2004, 09:04 AM
I won't (Maury's sleepiing- it was a big day). Maury won a 13" TV/VCR combo AND a long block built to his specs.- how cool is that???? There's so much to write about this event so I'll just hit the main points...Anyway, here's my ten favorite things about the AER show and five least favorite things (there was no bad) about the AER show:
Least favorite:
1) The Marauders weren't displayed in a group. Logan and I were in an aisle away from Cruzer, Johnman, RacerX88 and Rodster.
2) Parking next to Logan's honkin' awesome blown, custom-painted and shiny Marauder. :censor: :cry:
3) The show was slow to announce the winners.
4) I didn't win an electric beer can cooler. :fire:
5) Too many great cars to absorb the creativity involved with each one.
Most favorite:
1) spending time with my oldest car buddy (Maury-75) and youngest car buddy (Mad Mike-16)- no offense Jack...
2) The AER muesum- awesome! :up:
3) Class winners were Logan & Dean :rock:
4) Johnman made a rare appearence. :)
5) The food- mmmmm. No salad on the menu!!
6) That Cobra Daytona coupe...yeah, baby.
7) Most of us at TMS later.
8) The charity made big bucks.
9) The Cougar guys actually drove out their cars.
10) Coli sat and smiled through it all- I picked the right girl- no doubt.

Petrograde
05-09-2004, 10:28 AM
Wish I could've made it guys. Sounds like it was a blast!

Johnman
05-09-2004, 06:49 PM
It was great seeing Dan, Maury, and everybody-I don't plan to make it such a long gap again. The AER show was great, but the laps at TMS were AWESOME! Once again, Maury won, but only because we weren't allowed to pass on the track! And we had all 4 colors at both events. What a day! :banana:

cruzer
05-10-2004, 09:43 PM
Wow, what a Saturday !! Almost didn't get to AER because of my granndaughter's car trouble--had to get it towed to the dealer and coordinate repairs (all under warranry :up:) Finally got away about 9:30. When I arrived, there were no more Club parking spaces left--got permission to park in another area with 4 open spaces--in a short time, RacerX88 ( silver), Rodster(red), and Johnman (blue) arrived and Rod and I were nose-to nose with RacerX88 and Johnman---all four colors together :up: :up: Logan and 2003MIB were parked up toward the front of the area. The total car count was over 225 with some great cars on display. Our host , AER Engineering has a wonderful facility with a Museum and manufacturing facility . It took almost all your time to see it all.
Logan won Best in Class and RacerX88 got Class Award. Sonny Morgan's yellow '70 Cougar was Best in L/M, Cougar.
All proceeds of the show went to Women's Cancer Research--I think the total raised was over $ 17,000 :up: They raffled off TV sets (27 in) and TV/VCR combos and cast iron models of the Ford 427 engine. Then they gave away more big and small tvs as door prizes--I won a 13 in color TV/VCR combo and was very happy. Then the Grand Prize drawing for a complete 302 ci or 351 ci custom built engine --they read the numbers and people sat down as each number was called--I ended up standing ALONE---I WON THE ENGINE !!!! I have as long as I want to make up my mind and list what I want on the engine---so I'm going to throughly investigate my choices :help: :help: PM or e-mail me if you have any suggestions. I'll keep you posted on the progress.
Thanks to the Lone Star Cougar Club for making this possible--you are a terrific group. I'll post my pics tomorrow nite--gotta get some sleep. Maury

cruzer
05-11-2004, 08:54 PM
Check the "Gallery--Events-North Texas Marauders