PDA

View Full Version : Another Car Show Thread??

NavySeabee
09-02-2015, 04:29 PM
http://ftadamscarshow.com/

Can't believe another year has gone by!

WHAT'S HAPPENING NEW ENGLANDERS?!?!

Guittard22
09-05-2015, 11:34 AM
http://ftadamscarshow.com/

Can't believe another year has gone by!

WHAT'S HAPPENING NEW ENGLANDERS?!?!

I am
Off as of now boss - where we meeting ? How you been pete ? Anything new added to the car ?

NavySeabee
09-05-2015, 12:31 PM
I am
Off as of now boss - where we meeting ? How you been Pete ? Anything new added to the car ?

Good! Save that date then. I'll bring a cooler with "beverages", snacks, and some BBQ ribs. Maybe Bill will join us? Just tell him we got some limited special micro-brew, he'll fall for that! lol

Nothing added to the car except wax.

I would be cool to get a few others close by to join. BEAUTIFUL place for a car show! See you then Chris. We'll figure out a place to meet if you can manage to be on time.

Guittard22
09-05-2015, 02:48 PM
Good! Save that date then. I'll bring a cooler with "beverages", snacks, and some BBQ ribs. Maybe Bill will join us? Just tell him we got some limited special micro-brew, he'll fall for that! lol

Nothing added to the car except wax.

I would be cool to get a few others close by to join. BEAUTIFUL place for a car show! See you then Chris. We'll figure out a place to meet if you can manage to be on time.

I say this every year - 1st year of the show late ! 2 year of the show late and tire would not fill did not go - this year I beat you there lol

Mr. Man
09-05-2015, 07:43 PM
Paula and I are going to do this show some year. Maybe we could do a RI long weekend MM meet. Aside from the "Country" Houses what else is to do in the area?

NavySeabee
09-05-2015, 08:22 PM
Paula and I are going to do this show some year. Maybe we could do a RI long weekend MM meet. Aside from the "Country" Houses what else is to do in the area?

Hi guys!
Tourist area downtown along with plenty of college kids. Great restaurants although some are pricey, shopping, busy nightlife with bars on every block, live bands, cruise around Ocean Drive, seafood, seafood and more seafood. Reasonable hotel prices in Middletown, 15 minute drive at most.

:party:

Guittard22
09-06-2015, 03:28 AM

You get to see the Chrysler marauder - that's why you want to go to the show come on now :beer:

Gray Ghost
09-12-2015, 06:00 AM
Looks like we have the weekend open....bgg

jsignorelli
09-12-2015, 11:53 AM
Sorry I have to miss this show. I am helping to organize a meeting of NASA scientists who just completed the Pluto mission. They will be the guest speakers at a Physics association meeting. The symposium is Oct 2nd & 3rd

Guittard22
09-12-2015, 12:35 PM
Up to 3 marauders that ties are best yet for this show lol

License2Bill
09-13-2015, 03:05 AM
I'm going to be in Florida from September 30th to October 5th. If I was around and you told me about the micro brews, you can bet I'd be there. Also my car is down for the count. New ticking noise from the passenger side, sounds almost like a sewing machine...

jerrym3
09-13-2015, 04:31 PM
Took the Galaxie to a show today and won best "Topless Gem". OK, I'll take it.

But, what struck me more was that a drone was flying about 15/20' over the cars.

NavySeabee
09-17-2015, 04:01 PM
:):):):):):):):):):)

Guittard22
09-18-2015, 10:35 AM
What class we doing trying to not pay the late fee like every year that I never get the pre-reservation in .

NavySeabee
09-18-2015, 11:50 AM
What class we doing trying to not pay the late fee like every year that I never get the pre-reservation in .

I'm thinking Muscle cars - Ford

Mr. Man
09-18-2015, 12:39 PM

I'm thinking Muscle cars - Ford
You'll have a better chance in 1990 to present. Muscle Fords is going to be a tough class if Torino's, Cougar's, etc show-up in #'s.

NavySeabee
09-18-2015, 01:46 PM
You'll have a better chance in 1990 to present. Muscle Fords is going to be a tough class if Torino's, Cougar's, etc show-up in #'s.

Hmmm...sounds like a good tip. I don't plan on winning anything anyway. I'll try to find a layout of the showfield. They opened the inside of the fort a couple of years ago due to too many cars to fit outside. The inside field sucks since you have fort walls surrounding you on all sides...no breeze and not much of a view. :( Thanks Eric!

jerrym3
09-18-2015, 03:47 PM
My 64 Galaxie class is impossible for me to win, show, or place.

Musclecars and mid 60's pony cars take the wins. If I'm lucky, I might win a top 30 award, or some oddball category.

Recently, shows are awarding framed pictures of your car taken when you drive in. If you win a certain class, you get a framed picture with the class exhibited in the frame.

If you don't win, you still get the picture.

Guittard22
09-23-2015, 06:00 PM
Any more members going to tag along with Pete and I ? Trust me this show is a must !

Mr. Man
09-23-2015, 06:30 PM
You guys need to organize a regional meet around this show for next year. You just need two or three things to do on Friday, find a good hotel for reasonable dough and some nice places to eat. Easy peesy.:)

Guittard22
09-23-2015, 06:32 PM
You guys need to organize a regional meet around this show for next year. You just need two or three things to do on Friday, find a good hotel for reasonable dough and some nice places to eat. Easy peesy.:)

Looks like I bring the thinking cap to the show and have some good brainstorming going on - my gf maybe going you know what happen last time she went to the show with me - past out lol

NavySeabee
10-01-2015, 06:21 AM
Due to the upcoming storm on the east coast, this car show has been postponed to October 18th. :(

NavySeabee
10-02-2015, 02:40 PM
Email I received today...

Think I may run with Eric's idea next year and make a fun weekend of it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings,

I am sorry to report that the Fort Adams in the Fall car show will not be able to be held this year. The conditions on October 4th are going to be terrible (high winds, soggy field, etc.)
And, the Fort has their "Fortress of Horrors" event ongoing on both the 18th and the 25th so a rain date event was not possible.

I have been working very hard all summer to prepare for the show and with good weather, we would have had an outstanding event for you. However, Mother Nature wins this time.

I am looking forward to seeing you again when the cars shows start again in May, 2016. We will definitely have a Fort event in October. Please contact me if you have any suggestions for next year's event

Sincerely,
Pat Burke 401-864-4028 (tel:401-864-4028)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ms. Denmark
10-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Due to the upcoming storm on the east coast, this car show has been postponed to October 18th. :( Oh! Our anniversary! Wish we could go too. Do the long weekend event next year, Pete, and we'll come along witcha. :cool:

Guittard22
10-04-2015, 06:03 AM
Well it's kind of nice out but happy it got moved gives me time to get my new rims on and clean the dam car !

Mr. Man
10-04-2015, 01:53 PM
Pete and Chris:

Friday possibilities:

http://audrainautomuseum.org/explore-customs-and-hot-rods/#

http://www.newportstorm.com/

Saturday would be the car show at the Fort. Need to confirm a good spot with water views. We don't want to be in the fort.

Lunch/Dinner places shouldn't be to hard to find. Mix it up a bit.

Nice hotel(no fleabag dumps please) that serves a GOOD breakfast(included) and has good parking with easy ingress/egress for a reasonable daily rate is your only real challenge.

Get in touch wit the Newport Chamber of Commerce and they will be happy help you. The Harrisburg C of C guy helped us a lot with getting MV9 up and running.

http://www.newportchamber.com/Tours

In fact if want to include the "Country" homes on Thursday I just planned MV 14 for you. :D

I noted on the C of C page "Battleship Harbour" was listed. Sounds cool but not sure of the logistics as well as Factory Five Racing as they are in Mass.

Guittard22
10-04-2015, 03:53 PM
Pete and Chris:

Friday possibilities:

http://audrainautomuseum.org/explore-customs-and-hot-rods/#

http://www.newportstorm.com/

Saturday would be the car show at the Fort. Need to confirm a good spot with water views. We don't want to be in the fort.

Lunch/Dinner places shouldn't be to hard to find. Mix it up a bit.

Nice hotel(no fleabag dumps please) that serves a GOOD breakfast(included) and has good parking with easy ingress/egress for a reasonable daily rate is your only real challenge.

Get in touch wit the Newport Chamber of Commerce and they will be happy help you. The Harrisburg C of C guy helped us a lot with getting MV9 up and running.

http://www.newportchamber.com/Tours

In fact if want to include the "Country" homes on Thursday I just planned MV 14 for you. :D

I noted on the C of C page "Battleship Harbour" was listed. Sounds cool but not sure of the logistics as well as Factory Five Racing as they are in Mass.

Factory five racing is down th road from were I work let me see what I can find out for tours and what not :D

Mr. Man
10-04-2015, 06:08 PM
Ms. D informs me that the "Powers that be" won't entertain another MV in Oct so forget the Thurs day component.

Maybe we could do it as a regional New England meet instead of the NH meet. Running out of ideas for NH anyway.

Guittard22
10-23-2015, 06:24 PM
Pete any photos ?