88LTDCV351
09-18-2015, 07:07 PM
Some guy backed right into my driver door at the gas station. I was so pissed

03blackvegas
09-18-2015, 07:33 PM
It won't buff out?

88LTDCV351
09-18-2015, 07:45 PM
I got his insurance info. He backed right into me without looking. I was waiting for a gas pump to open up

88LTDCV351
09-18-2015, 07:46 PM
Fortunately the door trim appears ok but the door is dented

Bluerauder
09-19-2015, 04:13 AM
Some guy backed right into my driver door at the gas station. I was so pissed

That really sucks !! Sorry to hear about the damage to your MM. :( Should we send flowers to the Dipshit's Widow ??

Mr. Man
09-19-2015, 06:07 AM
^^^^Someone's feeling their oats this morning. :D LOL I'll chip in!!

Seriously, really sorry to hear! Yesterday I drove my SB to work for the first time in years, rush hour traffic and all. I held my breath the whole time. I had to stop for gas and was even stressed out that the guy wasn't pumping 93 octane like I told him....and made him repeat....twice. Actually got out of the car to make sure. :o
~Ms. D

88LTDCV351
10-25-2015, 03:10 PM
I think I'm going to cancel my Progressive. What other companies do you all suggest? I got a letter from them that said the accident fell under my deductible so I have to pay for the repairs. I thought since the guy backed into my stopped car (that he should have used his rearview mirror before backing out, you think yes?) that I shouldn't have to pay anything, no?

breeze
10-25-2015, 03:24 PM
Someone threw a rock at my car. 1150 to repair. I feel your pain.

justbob
10-25-2015, 03:27 PM
I think I'm going to cancel my Progressive. What other companies do you all suggest? I got a letter from them that said the accident fell under my deductible so I have to pay for the repairs. I thought since the guy backed into my stopped car (that he should have used his rearview mirror before backing out, you think yes?) that I shouldn't have to pay anything, no?

Was he not given a ticket?

Builder Of Badassery

88LTDCV351
10-25-2015, 03:29 PM

Builder Of Badassery

Hardly seemed like big enough of a deal to get the police involved. I just don't see how he was anything other than 100% at fault.

justbob
10-25-2015, 03:38 PM
Hardly seemed like big enough of a deal to get the police involved. I just don't see how he was anything other than 100% at fault.

Oh man. I bet that's why they're pulling the deductible card.. No official who's at fault document. I'd still try and fight that!

Builder Of Badassery

Bluerauder
10-25-2015, 03:49 PM

I have had USAA for more than 40 years and consider them to be an excellent company. They are always rated at the top of the insurance industry. Membership is limited to military, dependents, and affiliated individuals.

Technically you are responsible for any damage that comes in under your deductible ... That's how it works. Your insurance company may go after the "at fault" driver to recover costs but generally the deductible is not really worth all the effort especially if there are complex insurance issues involved.

When my 2012 Taurus SHO was rear ended by a dump truck about 2 years ago, USAA paid the bill including 3 weeks for a rental car. They tried for almost a year to recover my deductible. The dump truck was registered in Tennessee and was being leased to a company in Virginia. The guy driving was doing a favor in moving the truck to the job site and was not employed by either the truck owner or the leasing company. The insurance situation was very complex, I am sure. My car was just one of 8 cars wrecked in this chain reaction event. There was NO question of who was at fault. I still ended up eating my deductible. At some point, insurance companies just give up because they are trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip.

SamF
10-25-2015, 04:38 PM
You should contact and attempt to make a claim directly with his ins company...

1Marauder
10-25-2015, 05:57 PM

BE VERY CLEAR WITH THEM THAT YOUR KEYS WERE NOT IN THE IGNITION, AND YOU WERE STANDING OUTSIDE THE CAR.

IT SHOULD FULLY FALL ONTO HIS INSURANCE. WHAT ARE THE ODDS YOU BOTH HAVE THE SAME INSURANCE COMPANY? Either way go up a level to your insurance company's management and demand his company pay all repairs.

fastblackmerc
10-26-2015, 04:32 AM
ALways.. Always... ALWAYS get a police report..... Always!

RF Overlord
10-26-2015, 05:33 AM
^^^what FBM said^^^

No matter how trivial, you never know if the other guy is going to play the "my neck hurts" card and then everyone will be looking at you and asking why you didn't report it?

Showroom
10-26-2015, 06:54 AM
It don't look too bad. A good body man should be able to fix it with replacing the door skin for @ $450.00 (for@$450.00) + molding.

Davco
10-26-2015, 08:12 AM

This.

Did you get the guy's personal information? If so, h needs to call his insurance and report the accident. You shouldn't even get your insurance involved...unless you are willing to pay the deductible.

03blackvegas
10-26-2015, 04:58 PM

So your saying always?

MyBlackBeasts
10-26-2015, 06:48 PM

You need to file the claim with the other drivers insurance, not yours and they will pay 100% under PD liability provided they determine their insured was 100% at fault.

MyBlackBeasts
10-26-2015, 06:52 PM

Builder Of Badassery

No ticket issued if happened on private property.

Police report will assign driver factors showing fault (legal fault).

Claims will determine u/w fault (can be at fault re. u/w even with no driver factors on PD report).

MyBlackBeasts
10-26-2015, 06:54 PM

You should ALWAYS get PD report no matter what damage. w/o report you open the (common practice) possibility of the other driver going to PD and filing hit & run on you making accident your fault no matter what the circumstances.

MyBlackBeasts
10-26-2015, 07:01 PM
This.

Did you get the guy's personal information? If so, h needs to call his insurance and report the accident. You shouldn't even get your insurance involved...unless you are willing to pay the deductible.

Correct except the other driver does not have to file the claim, you can do it yourself.

Call claims number and state you want to file a claim against the policy of one of their insureds and provide info. They will contact their insured (if the insured has not already reported the claim) and investigate the incident and pay 100% of your damage (up to the policy PD limit) if they determine their insured to be 100% at fault.

88LTDCV351
10-27-2015, 10:14 AM
It don't look too bad. A good body man should be able to fix it with replacing the door skin for @ $450.00 (for@$450.00) + molding.

There is at least one spot where a paint chip came off. The progressive estimate was over $800. California labor rate I'm sure.

fastblackmerc
10-27-2015, 10:37 AM
So your saying always?

:dunno: I wasn't clear??????

CoreyM75
10-27-2015, 12:52 PM
In Michigan, as well as a growing number of states, the police will not respond to a private property crash with no injuries. The law enforcement agencies in Southwest Michigan will not even write a report if you come to the police station to report the crash.

lifespeed
10-27-2015, 01:30 PM
Correct except the other driver does not have to file the claim, you can do it yourself.

Call claims number and state you want to file a claim against the policy of one of their insureds and provide info. They will contact their insured (if the insured has not already reported the claim) and investigate the incident and pay 100% of your damage (up to the policy PD limit) if they determine their insured to be 100% at fault.

Correct answer. File a claim with their insurance directly, not your insurance. If they agree it was their drivers fault you pay nothing, not even a deductible. The deductible applies if you file a claim with your own insurance.

Don't delay. You may come out OK, it will be hard to argue your car moved sideways into the other driver, hitting him with your door. :)

lifespeed
10-27-2015, 01:32 PM
In Michigan, as well as a growing number of states, the police will not respond to a private property crash with no injuries. The law enforcement agencies in Southwest Michigan will not even write a report if you come to the police station to report the crash.

Also true, police have zero interest in fender benders. This leaves the responsibility of documenting who was at fault in the accident on you. Take photos and witness contact information.

BLACKMARAUDER04
10-27-2015, 01:32 PM
Your insurance company is correct.
They have 2 choices, They can wave your deductible if the other insurance
company agrees to take responsibility, or
They can take your deductible and if they collect from the other insurer, re-imburce you.

I would bypass your insurance company and put a claim in directly
with the other company.

Most likely, they will send you a check for the repair (especially if it is under $1,000)

Shornaday
10-27-2015, 04:23 PM

+++++10 "what Jim said"

djcrook73
11-04-2015, 07:11 PM
sorry to hear about your bad luck. some may disagree but I have been in the collision industry for about 18 years and by the time you remove the driver door to skin it, disassemble rear door to prep and paint (remove molding , handle and glass and all trim to avoid any paint delamination issues later) prep fender and remove molding as well(the door moldings will deform if not removed carefully and will be junk
so those would go on the estimate along with any clips that break) even though some shops and the ins company may try to tell you that all this work is not necessary because it is a black car. well there are several different types of black and unless you blend the adjacent panels, you can tell. my guesstimate is about $2000 or so. most shops are willing to work with you a little as far as the deductible goes if the job is large enough or the deductible small enough. do not let anyone tell you that it does not take these steps to return your car to pre accident condition, because to me that means not being able to tell it was ever fixed. if you end up for some godforsaken reason paying out of pocket, a good metal man could prob straighten out that door without having to skin it but they are few and far between. I hope this was more helpful than not, I just don't want anyone to try to screw you when it's time to fix your marauder. especially since it was due to a non-driver. good luck with the whole deal. dave

03blackvegas
11-04-2015, 07:38 PM
sorry to hear about your bad luck. some may disagree but I have been in the collision industry for about 18 years and by the time you remove the driver door to skin it, disassemble rear door to prep and paint (remove molding , handle and glass and all trim to avoid any paint delamination issues later) prep fender and remove molding as well(the door moldings will deform if not removed carefully and will be junk
so those would go on the estimate along with any clips that break) even though some shops and the ins company may try to tell you that all this work is not necessary because it is a black car. well there are several different types of black and unless you blend the adjacent panels, you can tell. my guesstimate is about $2000 or so. most shops are willing to work with you a little as far as the deductible goes if the job is large enough or the deductible small enough. do not let anyone tell you that it does not take these steps to return your car to pre accident condition, because to me that means not being able to tell it was ever fixed. if you end up for some godforsaken reason paying out of pocket, a good metal man could prob straighten out that door without having to skin it but they are few and far between. I hope this was more helpful than not, I just don't want anyone to try to screw you when it's time to fix your marauder. especially since it was due to a non-driver. good luck with the whole deal. dave

I try to tell members in a similar way as you did about the real world of repairing our cars after a collision, I mostly feel like I'm wasting my breath.

djcrook73
11-04-2015, 07:55 PM
yeah blackvegas I figure it could be helpful info for all. years back, someone hit one of my cars once and tried to have "his guy" fix it and it would have been hacked to suit someone else's budget. needless to say, I fixed it myself at the shop I worked for at the time and told him to screw himself. insurance companies basically try the same stuff with their referral shops. in my state we have the right to go only to the shop we choose which is only fair.

Logizyme
11-04-2015, 09:00 PM
I hope everything works out for you OP. My experience with progressive is very poor, they will do whatever they can to dirtbag you and save every penny they can. As others have mentioned, file a claim with the at faults insurance, make sure you explain clearly, that your car was never moving and that they drove into your stopped car.

On private property, if your vehicle is not moving, and their vehicle collides with yours, it is 100% their fault. Your insurance should not be involved unless the other party is claiming that you are at fault or responsible for damages.

Builder Of Badassery
Not sure about the laws in Nevada where this occurred, but in my home state unless it is reckless driving you can not be cited for a traffic law that was broken on private property.

jsignorelli
11-04-2015, 10:35 PM
Last year, my Fusion was parked in front of a friends home (we were visiting for dinner). Her neighbor across the street backed out of his driveway and crunched the drivers door. I called the police because I wanted a full report for HIS insurance company. As I was not in the car, he was completely on the hook for all of the repairs. His insurance company paid, in full, and there was no negotiating with them. In New Jersey, we have NO Fault, but only when you are both driving. Parked cars, and cars where the driver is out of the car, does not fall into the No Fault exclusion.
CONTACT HIS INSURANCE COMPANY!

fastblackmerc
11-05-2015, 05:43 AM
I try to tell members in a similar way as you did about the real world of repairing our cars after a collision, I mostly feel like I'm wasting my breath.

Your not wasting your breath... some people just don't listen.......

88LTDCV351
12-04-2015, 11:26 AM
I did call the other insurance company and they gave me a claim number and said they would get back to me. I have heard back from them since.

junior
12-04-2015, 11:30 AM
I did call the other insurance company and they gave me a claim number and said they would get back to me. I have heard back from them since.

Call them again, and again, then talk to management and threaten to talk to AG. Then call AG if no response.

8UWITH6
12-04-2015, 06:48 PM

You tried to tell me when my car was hit 366 days ago that it would never be the same. And you where correct. It turned out better than it was pre accident despite your "real world" approach.

I had to fight hard with the insurance company of the person that hit me. But the variable that remained constant throughout the entire ordeal was my BODY SHOP I chose. The Body Shop I used is the best in town here and did not take any crap from anyone, fixed my car the way they knew I wanted it fixed and did not cut corners no matter what. They also helped guide me when things almost came to a halt on the supplement stages.

To the original poster be persistent. To the point you think they will stop answering emails and phone calls. Keep contacting the person whom hit you and ask them for updates. The minute you let your guard down they are going to take advantage of you. Good luck sorry for rant. I cannot even begin to explain what I went through to get my car repaired correctly last year.

03blackvegas
12-04-2015, 07:23 PM
In a roundabout way, you proved my point. I'm glad to hear the job came out to your satisfaction.

8UWITH6
12-04-2015, 07:30 PM
In a roundabout way, you proved my point. I'm glad to hear the job came out to your satisfaction.

Yes, yes I did. Gotta fight for what you care about. Period.

88LTDCV351
08-12-2016, 12:37 PM
I never did hear back from the other guys insurance so I started to call them again a few months ago. Finally got a hold of a number of people who finally started calling me back. They wanted me to get another estimate and they are even going to give me a rental car while my car is worked on. I went back to Service King but they said they are all booked. I went to another body shop and they are wanting to replace the door skin etc. Its all the same to me since the other guys insurance is finally going to pay for this. I'll update everyone on how it looks when they are done. They have decent reviews on Yelp.

sailsmen
08-12-2016, 02:46 PM
Yes, always get a police report. Always take pics unless you are at fault then no bloody pics of the other person.

Unless you can't due to a No Fault State always always file against the at fault persons insurance.
In most places if they are at fault they are required to put you back exactly the way you were before the accident. This includes possibly paying for things your insurance does not cover.

Why should my insurance pay for some idiots negligent actions?

1Marauder
08-13-2016, 10:33 AM
I never did hear back from the other guys insurance so I started to call them again a few months ago. Finally got a hold of a number of people who finally started calling me back. They wanted me to get another estimate and they are even going to give me a rental car while my car is worked on. I went back to Service King but they said they are all booked. I went to another body shop and they are wanting to replace the door skin etc. Its all the same to me since the other guys insurance is finally going to pay for this. I'll update everyone on how it looks when they are done. They have decent reviews on Yelp.

KEEP FIGHTING

And remember there are statutes where they MUST settle the claim in "X" amount of time. When I was a kid--it was 1 year. And after an accident, the insurance company tried to screw me for 360 days (I had told them I wouldn't settle for a screwing--and simply bought another car while I waited -- it was a POS btw), they finally paid everything I had asked for- and more -as if they didn't, the penalties were extreme for them.

I sold the absolute POS for what I paid for it, and found a 1960 OSCA... Those were the days...

sailsmen
08-13-2016, 11:44 AM
I believe in most states they have to make an offer within 60 days of proof of loss being filed.

1Marauder
08-13-2016, 07:55 PM
I believe in most states they have to make an offer within 60 days of proof of loss being filed.

And I was talking about closing out the issue, finalizing it, and making final payment. Statute was to protect the smaller individual from the large company simply delaying and delaying and delaying.

sailsmen
08-13-2016, 08:15 PM
And I was talking about closing out the issue, finalizing it, and making final payment. Statute was to protect the smaller individual from the large company simply delaying and delaying and delaying.
Anything is possible but in all the States I am familiar with they only have to make an offer within 60 days of filing proof of loss. Seeing how it takes both parties to agree I don't see how what you are saying makes any sense, but not all laws do.

88LTDCV351
08-21-2016, 09:06 AM
I received the check from the insurance company. The estimate was quite a bit higher than Service King. I decided to go to a closer body shop since Service King said they were booked up for months. The estimate is higher probably because this closer body shop wants to paint and blend in with the rest of the car? Anyway, glad at least I'm not paying for this.

camelgrundle
08-21-2016, 10:06 AM
Good news. Hope you are happy with the end result.

88LTDCV351
10-10-2016, 11:07 AM
I feel like the door is striking a little higher than it should causing me to have to slam the door a little harder to close completely every time. How do I adjust it?

jerrym3
10-11-2016, 07:34 AM
1961, I got bit by the drag racing bug, so I decided to sell my 1957 Olds 98 convert and buy my friend's 57 BelAir 283/220 three speed Hurst.

While bringing the Olds down to Hoboken, NJ, to meet a potential buyer, I pull into a gas station to use the bathroom.

Some a**hole pulls in for gas, gets out of the car while it's running and in gear, and his car wipes out my quarter panel.

I wound up selling the car at a reduced rate to the used car lot where I originally bought it.

The Olds was a pretty car. I bought it when I was a helper in a body shop. My buddies repainted it from white to 1962 GM Honduras Maroon.

Cost: half a week's take home pay, or $25 (for paint).

03blackvegas
10-11-2016, 06:27 PM
I feel like the door is striking a little higher than it should causing me to have to slam the door a little harder to close completely every time. How do I adjust it?

This can be adjusted by you, trial and error, loosen stricker and play with it until satisfied.

djcrook73
10-16-2016, 11:46 AM
Like Vegas said play with the striker and you may be just fine but I'll add this. If the door came off the car to fix it I usually make my door adjustments with the striker off the car and then add that when everything else is satisfactory. they may not have done that to begin with and the adjustment will not be right otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

djcrook73
10-16-2016, 11:52 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161016/459eda6314e831720af3a2673d475f 4e.jpg these work great for light tweaking without having to loosen everything to get the door where you want it and then you adjust the striker to go with it.

88LTDCV351
10-16-2016, 12:25 PM
If the door came off the car to fix...

Well, they were going to order me a new door but they said it was on backorder so they got one from the junkyard and saved me some money. The only thing I don't like about it is that they just glued my door car info sticker on top of the previous one.

djcrook73
10-16-2016, 01:00 PM
Well, they were going to order me a new door but they said it was on backorder so they got one from the junkyard and saved me some money. The only thing I don't like about it is that they just glued my door car info sticker on top of the previous one.
I'm actually surprised new doors are still available for these. As far as the information sticker goes sometimes the dealer can produce a new one for you but I think it's a two-week wait. So unfortunately that was probably the only option to get it done. But agreed that it doesn't look great when it's done that way. I live in an apartment complex and the one night I couldn't find a parking space I parked it in front of the building and of course it got sideswiped by some unknown person which I found out in the morning.

88LTDCV351
10-17-2016, 01:25 PM
I'm actually surprised new doors are still available for these. As far as the information sticker goes sometimes the dealer can produce a new one for you but I think it's a two-week wait.

Still quite a few doors available out there according to the obsolete parts web sites. Some of them at stealerships. But I assume Ford nationally is on backorder (or at least according to my body shop).

Just trying to figure out the part number if I want to eventually get a better, newer, stronger door like six million dollar man (jk).

88LTDCV351
02-13-2017, 01:51 PM
So I noticed on the used door, it has this sticker on the lower bottom edge. Did the Marauder have a similiar sticker?

junior
02-13-2017, 02:00 PM
Looks like the VIN from a 2008 CV LX (2FAFP74V08X1). I guess they put those stickers everywhere.

88LTDCV351
02-28-2017, 01:12 PM
I've noticed this number also on the window. Can that come off? I don't remember that being there on my original window so they must have went with the window from the Crown Vic donor.

88LTDCV351
03-02-2017, 10:48 AM
I've also noticed that this weatherstripping or something sticks out here. I can't seem to push it by hand to get it in. Any suggestions?

88LTDCV351
03-06-2017, 09:30 AM
I also noticed my door manufacture info sticker is peeling off. I see the sticker from the junkyard car underneath it.

Should I just buy a new door, lol?

88LTDCV351
04-10-2018, 10:01 AM
My driver door speaker has stopped working. Don't know if its my original speaker or if the body shop gave me the junker speaker from the Crown Vic with the door. Anyway, I see a lot of youtube videos on Grand Marquis replacing the speaker but don't see any specifics on removing our door panel, etc. Any tips, tricks, etc? I know that if you break a clip on these cars etc. its not so easy to replace due to limited parts (for instance the armrest switches cover). So I want to know where to be careful on getting the door panel off.

fastblackmerc
04-10-2018, 10:32 AM
My driver door speaker has stopped working. Don't know if its my original speaker or if the body shop gave me the junker speaker from the Crown Vic with the door. Anyway, I see a lot of youtube videos on Grand Marquis replacing the speaker but don't see any specifics on removing our door panel, etc. Any tips, tricks, etc? I know that if you break a clip on these cars etc. its not so easy to replace due to limited parts (for instance the armrest switches cover). So I want to know where to be careful on getting the door panel off.

You probably mean the switch bezel.

Look at the front of the bezel, you'll see a notch, insert a small screwdriver in the notch and pry up. You''ll release the front clip and then slide the bezel forward until the rear clip is free. Reinstall is the reverse. If you don't know what your doing, you'll break the rear clip.

88LTDCV351
04-10-2018, 11:30 AM
Yes, that is one particular thing I'm referring to. What about the entire door panel? What are the steps and things to be careful of? I need to get in there and replace the speaker.

fastblackmerc
04-10-2018, 11:38 AM
Yes, that is one particular thing I'm referring to. What about the entire door panel? What are the steps and things to be careful of? I need to get in there and replace the speaker.

That's the only part you need to be careful with.

88LTDCV351
04-10-2018, 01:07 PM
That's the only part you need to be careful with.

Ah, thanks. Good to know.

Jtrip
04-10-2018, 04:04 PM
You probably mean the switch bezel.

Look at the front of the bezel, you'll see a notch, insert a small screwdriver in the notch and pry up. You''ll release the front clip and then slide the bezel forward until the rear clip is free. Reinstall is the reverse. If you don't know what your doing, you'll break the rear clip.

Yea. Like me.

Charlie Costell
04-10-2018, 04:21 PM
The numbers on the window was a dealer charge for anti-theft identification. Just lined their pockets.
I was told by a Ford and Chevy dealer that door identification labels will not be offered since a car could be stolen and everything re-identifed to try to make it legit.

88LTDCV351
04-11-2018, 08:22 AM
The numbers on the window was a dealer charge for anti-theft identification. Just lined their pockets.
I was told by a Ford and Chevy dealer that door identification labels will not be offered since a car could be stolen and everything re-identifed to try to make it legit.

Very interesting. Thanks.

88LTDCV351
09-19-2018, 02:31 PM
Just ordered a new door sticker from www.ecsvin.com Already got a tracking number. The original is peeling off from where the body shop just tried to glue it over a donor door's Crown Vic VIN door sticker. I'll let you know how it looks.