PDA

View Full Version : Wax

Bobby Clobber
05-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Hi folks,

Just thought I'd do an update on the above. I was in Florida last week , bought Meguiars new NXT "Tech Wax" and tried it out.

This stuff is the real deal , deep shine, no swirls , no smears, I'm doing the Zaino vs Nxt test , front vs rear , but this stuff looks really good.

It's worth a look if you have been a Meguiars fan .

Anyone else tried? :up:

Petrograde
05-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Used Meguiar's before I discovered Zaino.

How 'bout some pics Bobby?

jgc61sr2002
05-09-2004, 03:46 PM
I haven't tried the ZXT but I do like Zaino. :up:

Bobby Clobber
05-09-2004, 04:15 PM
I'm having trouble uploading check this.

Bobby Clobber
05-09-2004, 04:20 PM
I'm having trouble uploading check this.

I'm getting a message that the file (s) are too large and I can't attach the pictures

Bobby Clobber
05-09-2004, 04:30 PM
http:// 100http:// http://

Silver_04
05-09-2004, 05:04 PM
Uh oh, that new wax has turned your car into a red X.

Petrograde
05-09-2004, 05:26 PM
try resizing the pic to 640x480

Cobra25
05-09-2004, 05:29 PM
Hi folks,

Just thought I'd do an update on the above. I was in Florida last week , bought Meguiars new NXT "Tech Wax" and tried it out.

This stuff is the real deal , deep shine, no swirls , no smears, I'm doing the Zaino vs Nxt test , front vs rear , but this stuff looks really good.

It's worth a look if you have been a Meguiars fan .

Anyone else tried? :up: I've tried the Zaino, Now I use the Meguiars NXT Tech Wax. And anybody in the "SunShine State Marauders" that has seen my Silver Marauder at the Tower Shops on Friday Nite's can tell you that the Shine and Paint on My Marauder Looks Great! NXT Tech Wax works great!

Black 04
05-09-2004, 07:15 PM
I also used Meguiars NXT Tech Wax, real easy to work with, the shine is awsome.
No swirl marks :up: :up:

Patrick
05-09-2004, 07:55 PM
http:// 100http:// http://

Can someone help him out!!!

2005Marauder
05-09-2004, 07:56 PM
I just put two coats on the Zanio ZFX/Z-2 on the "04 Marauder since she's only 6 months old. Really nice. I've been waxing cars for 35 years and this is the best I've seen. I bought into the Zanio after we met a bunch of '96 Impala fanatics last November and saw their 7 and 8 year-old cars. The ones that looked the best and the ones that looked brand new got my attention so I asked them what they used--and they used Zanio. I'd heard some about Zanio but never seen it. Purchased the stuff in January but we've not had a good weekend for major wax strip, clay bar, and multi-layer applications until yesterday.

On the '96 Tbird was put two layers of Zanio ZFX/Z-5, recommended for paint swirls, had some left, so I did a third layer on the hood and tunk followed by one layer of ZFX/Z-2. It's also looking better than ever.

Easy to put on and easy to come off. I was a little skeptical with the ZFX 2ml little bitty vial that you put 4 drops per ounce into little bitty two ounce bottles with the wax but it works as advertised. Took 2 ounces for the first coat on the MM then just 1 ounce for the second coat.

As for Price: I spent a Total of $72.00 for ZFX, Z-2, Z-5, Z-6 and three aplicator pads which seemed like a lot at the time. Between both cars, I still have enough left for at least 8 more coats. Total price per job is a reasonable $7.

Patrick
05-09-2004, 07:58 PM
I havent used Zainos yet so I have I can not offer my veiw. I have tried Mothers and Meguires and do not like! Eagle one still work for me!

Silver_04
05-09-2004, 07:58 PM
Send me your picture or give me the URL. We'll get it posted :up:

Sactown
05-09-2004, 10:36 PM
I tried NXT on my 03 mustang (shadow grey metallic) and had to do a 2nd coat because it didn't cover evenly. IMO, NXT is harder to work than Zaino and results don't appear better. But I'm not working on black cars which can be more tricky optically. I'll use up the bottle of NXT on the Mustang, but I'll stick with Zaino thereafter...until the next best thing comes along for me to try.

one50npump
05-10-2004, 09:43 AM
i've used zaino and just bought some of the NXT .. The shine with the nxt is top notch. And much easier than the multi step zaino process. Also did my black bike with the nxt.. Love it.

MAD-3R
05-10-2004, 09:46 AM
My only question on this lates batch of finishes, is how long they last. The Zanon (sp?) is a pain in the butt, but it lasts a long time, and covers scratchs and swirl marks like nothing I've seen before.

2005Marauder
05-10-2004, 06:45 PM
My only question on this lates batch of finishes, is how long they last. The Zanon (sp?) is a pain in the butt, but it lasts a long time, and covers scratchs and swirl marks like nothing I've seen before.

Have you tried Zanio with the ZFX accelerator? Only 30 minutes between coats and it was easy to put on and easy to take off. Each coat was easier and easier. Especially after using the Z-6 between coats. No more PIA and waiting 6 hours between coats.

Also, after both cars spent all day sitting in the parking lots collecting dust, the Calif. Duster glided across the Zanio easier than it ever has with other waxes/polishes. I actually had to hold the duster back to keep it from getting away from me. Tossed my suit coat on the spoiler as I often do to get the mail and the jacket slipped right off. Slick stuff. They advertise that it attracts 60% less dust but you still have to take off the 40%.

Petrograde
05-10-2004, 06:48 PM
Have you tried Zanio with the ZFX accelerator? Only 30 minutes between coats and it was easy to put on and easy to take off. Each coat was easier and easier. Especially after using the Z-6 between coats. No more PIA and waiting 6 hours between coats.

yup,... great stuff! :up: I use it almost every weekend. But, I'm willing to give this NXT it's day in court.

CRUZTAKER
05-10-2004, 06:57 PM
Have and still use both Zaino and the NXT...the NXT ROCKS!!!

I now only use the Zaino prewax and put NXT over it.

Petrograde
05-10-2004, 06:59 PM
hmmm,.. sounds like a good idea Barry! :rasta:

Bobby Clobber
05-12-2004, 05:01 PM
This is the back end with the NXT , I'll try the front with the Zaino . By the way , I'm a Zaino zealot, I' ve got six other people ordering in the next few days , just thought I'd make some waves.

woaface
05-12-2004, 07:02 PM
Hey, I need some more wax, but all the stuff on the Zaino website is a bunch of
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
So which one should I get? Can I just get a huge bucket so I don't have to spend $8 every time I wax my car on a bottle?