PDA

View Full Version : Sean Hyland Headers and Parts

mungce
05-12-2004, 02:16 AM
Sean Hylan has a nice assortment of upgrade parts for the Marauder. Headers are about 1/2 the price of Zooks, but only promises 20 H.P. gain, and I haven't checked them out to see if they are stainless steel or not. Zooks new stianless steel headers seem to be the way to go IMHO, as they are getting you all the nice stuff from header to tailpipe. Ask for Nick if you considering Zooksm, he knows whats up.

Jim Williams
Ft.Worth, Tx

martyo
05-12-2004, 02:41 AM
Zooks new stianless steel headers seem to be the way to go IMHO

Are the Zooks like the Kook's but only different??? :confused: :confused:

Fahad_H
05-12-2004, 04:11 AM
Sean Hylan
Headers are about 1/2 the price of Zooks,

Do Zook's cost $2,190 ???

:rolleyes:

darebren
05-12-2004, 04:54 AM
eye wuv mi zook's berry mutsch!

BillyGman
05-12-2004, 05:23 AM
waht was taht all abuot????? SH headers at 2/1 price?????

2003 MIB
05-12-2004, 05:26 AM
Rumor from a pretty good source is that the Hyland headers are rebadged Kooks. If they are cheaper, this is a great buy.

Logan
05-12-2004, 05:28 AM
It's no rumor. SHM's headers for marauder ARE Kook's headers. They may be running a sale because no one's buying anything from them, Marauder wise. Why? Because their prices are outrageous....

My advice, buy direct from Kook's, our supporting vendor. SHM is not.

2003 MIB
05-12-2004, 05:31 AM
It's no rumor. SHM's headers for marauder ARE Kook's headers. They may be running a sale because no one's buying anything from them, Marauder wise. Why? Because their prices are outrageous....

Yeah, I knew it wasn't a rumor but didn't want to throw you under the bus as the source, Logan.

Logan
05-12-2004, 05:41 AM
Since my source is Kook's themselves, I think that'll be just fine. :)

mungce
05-12-2004, 08:10 AM
Typo, ya know? Anyway, you got the message, there are more than one place to get headers and other Marauder upgrade parts. As Logan said, and I would agree, lets support those that support us, whenever we can.

Jim Williams
Ft.Worth, Tx

2003 MIB
05-12-2004, 09:07 AM
Jim Williams
Ft.Worth, Tx

So Jim,
Are we ever going to meet you or what? NTM Meeting is at 7:00pm tomorrow at John Eagle on Lemmon Ave in Dallas...

jspradii
05-12-2004, 03:54 PM

I got my Kooks long tubes from SHM, at the time they were competitive (summer '02).:banana2: Now I think Logan is right. Better deal likely direct from Kooks.

mungce
05-12-2004, 05:23 PM
........yes, I do exist, and can be found on the streets of West Ft.Worth between 2 & 4 AM, usually racing( and spanking) the local Mustangs and pick em up trucks. You can't miss me, I'm the gray headed old guy with the black Mercury, one that you may have yourself.

Jim Williams
Ft.Worth,Tx

junehhan
05-12-2004, 10:29 PM
Out of curiosity, is anyone with a Marauder running a SHM 2 piece driveshaft? What in the world makes a driveshaft cost $1700? If it's a 2 piece setup, doesn't it add complexity vs. a standard 1 piece driveshaft?

mungce
05-13-2004, 04:22 AM
I don't know. I don't think that the OEM driveshaft needs replacing, unless your S/Cd and pulling allot of tourqe. I asked this question in a post some time ago, and got plenty of hate mail, but no answer. Has anyone had a driveshaft come flying out as we have been told they will ? I have had my 300A up to the max on the speedodometer and it was smooth and is still in the car. My understanding on Kooks headers, as told to me by Nick their tech is this; originally they we not using stainless steel, as they are now, thus requiring coating. I asked Nick if the coating would keep the under hood head down, and was told sure if you go with black. I only know what I have learned from you guys and am eternally grateful to Logan for having the insight to get this site up and running, with constant improvments. I bought my Marauder to drive it on a daily basis, not drag it with a trailor. I have done some minor modifacations that I feel should have been done by the factory, but I knew that when I got the MM that it would need some help, power wise. I may go the full route and S/C my car, but I plan on doing allot of cross country driving and am very satisified with the mods that I have.

Jim Williams
Ft. Worth, Tx

joflewbyu2
05-13-2004, 05:19 AM
When I first got my MM, I had it above 100 mph plenty of times and thought it was smooth. wondered why everyone was making a big deal on the driveshaft. Anyway, I splurged and bought the dynotech metal matrix racing driveshaft and then I realized what smooth was. Definately made a difference.

mungce
05-13-2004, 06:17 AM
Nice thing about living in this great country of ours, you can spend your money anyway you want.......as long as the tax man gets his cut !

Jim Williams
Ft.Worth, Tx

jspradii
05-13-2004, 07:18 AM
Out of curiosity, is anyone with a Marauder running a SHM 2 piece driveshaft? What in the world makes a driveshaft cost $1700? If it's a 2 piece setup, doesn't it add complexity vs. a standard 1 piece driveshaft?
For what we do with our cars (or what I do with mine, anyway), the two piece SHM is not only overkill, but outrageously priced. The MMX I bought from Dennis almost two years ago has seen continuous speed in excess of 135 mph with no vibration or seal problems. It is the best value for the money, and holds up under extreme drag conditions as well (with nitrous, which really twists the shaft HARD). It is worth the price, although under normal driving conditions, you probably won't notice much difference from the stock shaft.:pimp:

mungce
05-13-2004, 09:33 AM
Jim,
You have a very impressive set up. Just for my own knowledge, about how much would you say you have spent on your car ?

Jim Williams

darebren
05-13-2004, 11:07 AM
For what we do with our cars (or what I do with mine, anyway), the two piece SHM is not only overkill, but outrageously priced. The MMX I bought from Dennis almost two years ago has seen continuous speed in excess of 135 mph with no vibration or seal problems. It is the best value for the money, and holds up under extreme drag conditions as well (with nitrous, which really twists the shaft HARD). It is worth the price, although under normal driving conditions, you probably won't notice much difference from the stock shaft.:pimp:

What size drag radials do you have? did you get new rims too?

2003 MIB
05-13-2004, 12:01 PM

I can attest to Jim's hard launch...it's something to see and that was before the stroker motor.

jspradii
05-13-2004, 05:24 PM
Jim,
You have a very impressive set up. Just for my own knowledge, about how much would you say you have spent on your car ?

Jim Williams
I estimated the signature list (I have never actually added any of it up, until now), and I think $21,780 is about right. This is without a blower, and does not include the price of the car, which was the 260th off the assembly line. I guarantee you, if you want to spend money on this car, you can, very quickly. I will say this, a lot of these things were obtained before the various kit packages were available, so I paid premium price for them, as did a lot of the early 2 per centers. There just wasn't (and still isn't much of) an aftermarket for this car. It has been fun, and that's made it worth it. The prospect of running low 11's keeps me crazy, but my engine builder, Ray Kittler, says it can (and will) be done. He's even talking about taking my motor set-up and putting it in a tube framed Mustang. That may be our next project. I really do not want to put a roll cage in my Marauder.

jspradii
05-13-2004, 05:32 PM
What size drag radials do you have? did you get new rims too?
This has been a sore point with me for quite a while. Right now I have BFG T/A Drag Radial 295/35/18's on widened (9.5") factory wheels, which were done through Alternative Auto (Lidio's outfit). I cannot find ANYONE who can direct me to aftermarket wheels or axle packages which will allow me to put a good drag slick or ET Street on the car. The largest tire that can go on it right now is the 305/45/18 NITTO, which is a good tire, but quiter frankly can't hold a candle, in my experience, to the BFG on the track, in IMHO. Drag racing for fun? The BFG is the only tire you'll need. I did 8 high load/speed passes with my set last Saturday and NEVER had a hop or spin issue (of course, the track I was at was well maintained).:pimp:

jspradii
05-13-2004, 05:34 PM
I can attest to Jim's hard launch...it's something to see and that was before the stroker motor.Dan-
I can't recommend the BFG Drags highly enough. I think they'd lock up hard even at Hallsville, probably one the worst tracks I've ever been on. I'm glad we've got a few other close tracks that are much better maintained.:up:

mungce
05-14-2004, 02:36 AM
Jim,
I gotta tell ya man, you have really done an extreamly fine job of going " all the way " with MM Mods. I admire many of the members cars, another favorite of mine is Logans. There must be someting about Texas air that gets things " just all right, with me "...

Jim Williams
Ft. Worth, TEXAS

jspradii
05-14-2004, 07:55 AM
Jim,
I gotta tell ya man, you have really done an extreamly fine job of going " all the way " with MM Mods. I admire many of the members cars, another favorite of mine is Logans. There must be someting about Texas air that gets things " just all right, with me "...

Jim Williams
Ft. Worth, TEXAS
Jim-
Thank you for your kind words. Have you checked out Blue92's effort to get some of us set up for the Motorsports Ranch south of Ft. Worth there on June 12, 2004? It sounds like it'll be fun and educational, and I'm going to go if I can clear my schedule for that day. I've been wanting to do some oval track driving with this car, and this may be the only chance we get for a while, at least locally.:banana2:

mungce
05-14-2004, 09:04 AM
I'm still trying to get to one of the Marauder club meets over in Dallas. Sorta hard when I'm in the middle of moving and trying run a business at the same time. I could go for some round de round racing and will PM you for detials. Thanx for the info.

Jim Williams