Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Foglights - HID bulb upgrade

So did you use the H1 or H10 bulbs?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'04 Marauder #357 of 3213 - Built and Eaton swapped - "MERCD"
    '21 F150 XLT 5.0 Sport
    '18 Chevy Malibu Redline
    '15 Mustang GT, performance package
    '01 BMW 740i M-Sport, manual swapped
    '97 Lincoln Town Car (black on black)
    '10 Harley Ultra Limited
    '08 Kawasaki ZX6R
    '03 Grand Marquis(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownMaraud3r View Post
    So did you use the H1 or H10 bulbs?
    I believe its the H1 Along bulb.
    # 2352 Lidio Built my Hot Rod... 2011 S55-001

Just wanted to publicly thank FastBlackMerc for his excellent HID kit and customer service. I recommend this upgrade to anybody who still has stock fog lights. There brighter than stock headlights by 10X
    Last edited by NorthShoreChiMM; 08-26-2018 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthShoreChiMM View Post
    Just wanted to publicly thank FastBlackMerc for his excellent HID kit and customer service. I recommend this upgrade to anybody who still has stock fog lights. There brighter than stock headlights!!
    A lit fart is brighter than the stock headlites.

What lumen are the upgraded bulbs ?
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by burt ragio View Post
    What lumen are the upgraded bulbs ?
    Factory standard 55 watt halogen bulb produces about 1400 lumens of light. A 35 watt HID produces about 3200 lumens.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Factory standard 55 watt halogen bulb produces about 1400 lumens of light. A 35 watt HID produces about 3200 lumens.
    And Mishimoto 55 watt HID bulbs produce 5000 lumens.

What produces more lumen better focus ? Mishimoto 55 watt HID bulbs produce 5000 lumens. or Morimoto XB LED projector fog lights: offered by the retrofit source ?
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by FastMerc View Post
    This is what I was looking for, yes...
    Just an observation on the type of RTV (Room Temperature Vulcanizing) to use: if it smells like pickles / acetic acid while curing it is not safe for use with electrical or electronic connections. Acids, even something as benign as pickle juice will over time corrode the connection you are trying to protect.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Ride 1: 2003 300-A MM, black (naturally), K&N cold air, Granitelli Racing coils, Kybe shocks, Autometer "real" oil pressure and voltmeter, 14 inch front rotors and stainless lines from TCE with 6-piston Wilwood calipers and Hawk HPS pads, cryo-treated slotted rear rotors with TCE stainless lines and Hawk HPS pads, tune by Lidio, LED headlamps. Coming Soon: LED foglights, 200 Amp Alternator.

Ride 2: 2001 Kenny Brown "Panther 2" Crown Victoria, Black. K&N cold air intake to Allen Engine Development supercharger system with water-to-air intercooled Eaton MP-90 at 8 pounds. Extensive chassis bracing, Brembo 4-piston front calipers on 13 inch rotors with stainless lines. Trunk-relocated Optima Red-Top. 5000K Bi-Xenon HID's. And much, much more.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelQualityMan View Post
    Just an observation on the type of RTV (Room Temperature Vulcanizing) to use: if it smells like pickles / acetic acid while curing it is not safe for use with electrical or electronic connections. Acids, even something as benign as pickle juice will over time corrode the connection you are trying to protect.

Not used for any electrical connections. Used to secure the bulb in the socket. The electrical connections are made with Weather Pack connectors.
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I understand. It just seemed to be an appropriate place to mention the problem, given that not everyone has those connectors available and may try to use RTV to "waterproof " the connectors they do use.
    Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Not used for any electrical connections. Used to secure the bulb in the socket. The electrical connections are made with Weather Pack connectors.
    Ride 1: 2003 300-A MM, black (naturally), K&N cold air, Granitelli Racing coils, Kybe shocks, Autometer "real" oil pressure and voltmeter, 14 inch front rotors and stainless lines from TCE with 6-piston Wilwood calipers and Hawk HPS pads, cryo-treated slotted rear rotors with TCE stainless lines and Hawk HPS pads, tune by Lidio, LED headlamps. Coming Soon: LED foglights, 200 Amp Alternator.

Ride 2: 2001 Kenny Brown "Panther 2" Crown Victoria, Black. K&N cold air intake to Allen Engine Development supercharger system with water-to-air intercooled Eaton MP-90 at 8 pounds. Extensive chassis bracing, Brembo 4-piston front calipers on 13 inch rotors with stainless lines. Trunk-relocated Optima Red-Top. 5000K Bi-Xenon HID's. And much, much more.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelQualityMan View Post
    I understand. It just seemed to be an appropriate place to mention the problem, given that not everyone has those connectors available and may try to use RTV to "waterproof " the connectors they do use.

10-4…..........
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information