Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauderville 2018

Lightbulb Marauderville 2018

Good time to start thinking about where Marauderville could be held next year.

The 'Powers that be" generally like to have submissions in by the first quarter of the year, so they can decide on where if there are multiple entries.

Unfortunately there weren't any submissions for 2017, so we went Maraudervilleless. Let's try and avoid that for 2018.

Any part of the country is fair game for a meet up.

How about the Philly area?
    You can visit Longwood Gardens (30 miles for downtown Philly). The Battleship New Jersey (across the river in Camden), the Franklyn Institute, and then there are the Cheese steak sandwiches.....

X2 Philly area or Northeast Maryland...Cecil County dragstrip, lots of Steamed blue crab restaurants, Aberdeen Proving grounds and the chesapeake bay are minutes away...

Hagley museum in nearby DE is cool, it is the original DuPont gunpowder works from the 1700's, has a working machine shop powdered by watermills and overhead belts, they do demonstrations and recently had about 1000 cars there at a car show.. don't underestimate Longwood either, that is 1100 acres very well maintained was owned by one of the DuPonts still can visit his mansion they have fountain/light shows and musical concerts and fireworks every single weekend in the summer..and the Fire museum about an hour south in Towson has all kinds of old firetrucks and apparatus. Lancaster county PA is the heart of Amish country about 45 mins north...

X3 PHILADELPHIA!

I'm going to suggest a middle of the country area so our left and right coasters neither will have to drive across the entire country to attend. Let's just throw out Branson MO. Panther Nationals have been there in the past with good results.

Also i live near Branson.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackdombles View Post
    I'm going to suggest a middle of the country area so our left and right coasters neither will have to drive across the entire country to attend. Let's just throw out Branson MO. Panther Nationals have been there in the past with good results.

Also i live near Branson.

Start the planning, pick a team, coordinate a host hotel, develop an itinerary covering 3-4 days, and submit a proposal. I look forward to seeing the results.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Did I have a brain fart & completely overlook Marauderville '17 or was there not one?

2005 Mercury S55
    Saleen Supercharged 2V

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    Good time to start thinking about where Marauderville could be held next year.

The 'Powers that be" generally like to have submissions in by the first quarter of the year, so they can decide on where if there are multiple entries.

Unfortunately there weren't any submissions for 2017, so we went Maraudervilleless. Let's try and avoid that for 2018.

Any part of the country is fair game for a meet up.

Typically what months do you shoot for and does it have to be around car shows or is that just a plus and perk of all the cars got together just thinking out loud
    2003 MM 300A
    #738 of 7,838 BLK
    Build date: 6/6/2002
    Adopted: 2/05/2013

MODS:

Metco control arms, Addco sway bars, TCE brake lines, Gatorback belt, remote start, underbody lights, custom doorsills. Black with custom silver hood stripes (S-55 theme)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT
    Adopted on12/09/18 from chief455

COMING SOON-Trilogy #005 THANKS CWright-
    I am afraid you have awakened a sleeping Giant

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...=view&id=14156

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN MARAUDER View Post
    Im happy for you bro! Let the mods begin! I hear the mod bug broke his stinger when he heard you pulled the trigger!

BIG BIG thanks to the GOD of marauder parts ( Darren) I am the 1st winner of Darren bag of fun give-away

Quote Originally Posted by Guittard22 View Post
    Typically what months do you shoot for and does it have to be around car shows or is that just a plus and perk of all the cars got together just thinking out loud
    Typically they have been in Sept, Oct, but if the peeps have enough notice it can be anytime. Just don't want to conflict with Louisville in April. Marauderville has been a good venue to show off the area the organizer's live in or near. In the past over the three days it has included a car show, some sort of history venue, factory tours, etc. It can be whatever the organizers want it to be.
    Usually arrive on the Wed evening then do stuff Thurs, Fri, Sat, and go home Sunday. Depending on what the venues are there has been 1 or 2 things each day.
    I think there is a thread somewhere that describes the generalities and specifics of what is expected from the organizers. A great hotel is premium as we spend quite a bit of time smoozing in the parking lot or the hotels lobby.
    We found when planning MV9 getting in touch with the local Chamber of Commerce was a great place to start as they have relationships with the local hotels and attractions.

You are all out of your mind thinking about bringing nearly 50 Marauder’s to Philadelphia. I’m a little over a hour away and wouldn’t think of parking my car in Philadelphia. Look at the Marauder’s for sale on eBay and craigslist, that’s the land where marauders go to die or get stolen and stripped. Traffic is chaos as well, I overwhelmingly pass on the Philly idea.

MERCURY MARAUDER 300A

Build Date
    5/31/02
    Sequence#
    #363 of 7839 Black Marauders
    Dyno tested power
    450 RWHP & 405 RWTQ on 93 octane
    Best 1/4 mile time to date
    12.456@109mph
    Visit my Garage
    Blackened300a's Garage

I hate to ruin everybody's Philly parade, but it's never gonna happen. It's one of most inaccessible cities in the country. It's like going to New York City and we're never going to have a Marauderville there. The Schuykill Expressway is a disaster to get into the city and 95 normally just as bad.

My goal is to have one a little farther north in Bethlehem. I wanted to do it last year, but was told it was too late to proceed. I'm gonna try to get it together this year.
    2003 Black - sold, back again, and sold
    2003 DBP/DC - #153 Whipple 3.4 (permanent garage art)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 36 (Sold)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 205 (Sold)
    2004 Black - Trilogy #43
    2003 Black - shitbox

Quote Originally Posted by Comin' in Hot View Post
    I hate to ruin everybody's Philly parade, but it's never gonna happen. It's one of most inaccessible cities in the country. It's like going to New York City and we're never going to have a Marauderville there. The Schuykill Expressway is a disaster to get into the city and 95 normally just as bad.

My goal is to have one a little farther north in Bethlehem. I wanted to do it last year, but was told it was too late to proceed. I'm gonna try to get it together this year.
    I ike the idea could be a great get togther had an idea for you. Its cost a little more but we could book to drive your own car at pocono unlimited as long as you drive there stock car class first check it out
    https://877stockcar.com/experiences/drive-your-own-car/
    DEAN

TRENTON NJ

03 300A MARAUDER
    BLACK THE ONLY COLOR

BORN 6/24/02 VIN 617134 #1844

VIST MY GARAGE

Hmmm, KC or Springfield.
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

Seattle, Washington
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

How about Chicago. Middle of the country for everybody to have a chance, one of the most marauder populated areas, fantastic food, accessible, multiple car museums and tourist attractions. Or as 2 posts said above, Springfield.

Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information