Thread: Need advice

Need advice

Hey all. Just had some work done on my car and feel like the shop didn't care. Asked for tear in driver seat to be fixed and 20 percent tint all the way around except windshields. There was pieces and little bits of foam all over the ground near the d seat where new foam was added. Dirt and mud on the lower b pillar in left back seat. The carpet near the door sill(rear left has some sticky substance(assuming adhesive from tints) on it. Found a spring under driver seat.(seat was taken out to fix tear so it's not from before. Streaks everywhere on the windows. I'm going to talk to the shop tomorow and clear all this. Just looking on how to handle this. Thanks-mike
    Sorry about sideways pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NorthShoreChiMM; 08-11-2017 at 08:52 PM.

Are any of the things you mentioned permanent or damages? Or is it more temporary that you can simply "wipe away"? If anything is permanent or damages, I would definitely bring it up to the shop manager / supervisor. Also, a question to ask yourself is how much did you pay for the service? The more you paid, the more you can expect from the service provider. I would ask them to re-do anything that was not done as agreed to before the work was started.

if the streaks are under the tint then they cant be removed without removing tint. a lot of water is used in putting tint on to smooth it out and remove air..once dry (about 3 days if you can park it in sun will help) they should be able to be cleaned with non ammonia cleaner.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Need advice

Just what we were talking about; no one is detailed or can do their job anymore. I wouldn't touch a thing; leave the spring there. Take it back and point everything out to them and just ask them if this is their normal quality of work, because you're writing a yelp review and want to make sure.

If they can't be bothered to clean up after themselves and make the car look at least as good as when you brought it in, then they're hacks who don't deserve yours or anyone else's business.

Ask yourself if they would leave the stuff you can see in this condition, what they are doing with the work you can't see?

Unless they did the work for free, to me what you paid isn't a factor.

If they listen and respond to you then they deserve your trade. If they don't, then you've lost nothing by trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Quote Originally Posted by Svashtar View Post
    If they can't be bothered to clean up after themselves and make the car look at least as good as when you brought it in, then they're hacks who don't deserve yours or anyone else's business.
    My feelings exactly.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

what is the shop name ? and location

"Quality" Auto Reconditioning, Glenview IL. Not much quality in their work. And I payed over 500 dollars since i had peeling tints to take off. Most of it can be cleaned but the windows look like ****. I understand that some streaks will dry as the water evaporates but it looks like a crispy cream exploded in my rear view. I brought my car in perfectly clean and was given it back with dirt everywhere. Oh I forgot to mention, the Center mount brake light was unscrewed and I had to do it myself. Just pisses me off that they had the car for 5 days to repair a tear and do tints.

Also is a scratch in Rear right window where they probably cut the tints with a razor. Clearly a curved tint outline. Going to the shop in a few hours.

Find the owner and let him see the work. If he doesn't seem to care or get one of his flunkies to get on it with a shop vac immediately then move on till you find a shop that does.

If your windows are that bad and can't be cleaned, ask them to re-tint and go from there.

Good luck.

Blog Entries
    Generally, You have to give them the opportunity to make it right.

Although I would not let them touch my Car ever again.

As an alternative point it out and ask for a discount off the bill. If they say no then file a dispute with the cc company.
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

talked with owner, says it was sloppy on not cleaning up but is confident that the streaks will clear up and if not he says he will redo tints not like i want him doing them. He offered to clean up the crumbs of foam but I figured the less touching of my car the better. Didn't get any money off.

If there are scratches on glass from razor cuts, check your defroster function ASAP.

Thread Information