Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Marauder COT Tube powdercoated.. MINT

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by stevengerard View Post
    Boy this thread got derailed
    Well, yes and no. Basically, we own gussied up Grand Marquis' - NC DOT and State Farm both state my immaculate, low mileage car is worth less than $5,000. I got an excellent deal and still paid more than double that figure and have invested nearly half of the sales price into it already for upgrades.

Spare parts? They will be on the market at some point, even everything currently being hoarded.

This board? After I made post #18 above, my 'search privileges' were severely neutered. I can no longer search by 'terms'. Now, no matter what I plug in I get EVERYTHING that has been put up for sale except reasonably priced COTs (and there were many). The former format for 'returned search results' is no longer appearing. A form of 'shadow banning'. Just WOW. Some interesting 'politics' here at MM.net LOL!!!

Is Tapatalk disabled? I wasn't allowed to register - errors for incorrect 'model year' were returned.
    Last edited by Invective; 10-10-2018 at 11:34 PM.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Quote Originally Posted by Themarauderguy View Post

I say the fact that the marauder it is as popular as it is 14 15 years later is proof its a special car. and people are willing to pay money and they still are paying big bucks. Compared to the Crown Vics Grand Marquis and Lincoln so yes the Marauders definitely special if you don't see that then you're blind. Millionaires million-dollar cars no! Everywhere I go in my Marauder people will come up and talk to me and when they say how it runs how fast is there amazed and impressed. the Mercury Marauder is definitely a standout special one-of-a-kind car. and it has a pretty big fan base old and young alike. Just a little FYI if the car wasn't special people wouldn't be shelling out $8 to 9k for stock ones. The car has received more exposure and more advertising now than it did when it was released. I had a guy in a Hellcat pull up to me the other day and was "impressed" he had never even heard of them! He said in the future he would definitely be in the market for one. And one day these rare parts will be worth a whole lot more money for people who buy them and want to restore them. so everybody else who has rare Parts hold on to them. who cares if everybody else wants to drive the value of the car down.
    lastly the reason why the price for these hard and rare parts are high is too many people are trying to make clones out of Crown Vics and Grand Marquis and one day People Like Us who own the real Marauder might need a replacement part and they will be in the junkyard crushed on Crown Vics and marquis!!! Okay I said everything I need to say. Lol. time to take Marauderstine for a drive.
    I'm not blind, do people like them? Yes. Are they increasing in value right now? Maybe. You are providing anecdotal personal evidence, the same I would provide as their future to be a classic. Right now prime condition cars are still worth less than half of what they sold for new, ask people on here who have had their car for sale for ages. You want a collectible 2004 car? Get a Ford GT, they sell for way more than they sold for originally - that's a collectible.

Look, I hope they increase in value too and I believe they will. I understand there are less out there and parts have been lost because they have been put on crown vics only to get unknowingly crushed in a graveyard. But at 5K - 10K for decent examples today shows that if these cars had that much of an upside they'd be selling for more already. It doesn't mean it won't happen. 30 years a Hemi Cuda convertible would have gone for $25k which seemed ridiculous, today more than a million. But 25k was still a premium 15 years after the car was built not the 20% of their original cost like today's Marauders.

Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    Well, yes and no. Basically, we own gussied up Grand Marquis' - NC DOT and State Farm both state my immaculate, low mileage car is worth less than $5,000. I got an excellent deal and still paid more than double that figure and have invested nearly half of the sales price into it already for upgrades.
    Don't know about your issues with searching etc. but standard insurance valuation doesn't dictate a cars true value either. One of my Cutlass' have regular insurance since I drive it all the time. Its a risk I take, its probably valued at $5k as they look at it as a 48 year old used car. If I insured it for agreed value it would be 25k minimum. You can get your Marauder insured as a collectible valued at around $15k or so.
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

Oh my goodness! Do I hear a collective sigh of relief?!?! Those nasty rumors - the one about you getting $700 for your COT - that couldn't have been right - thanks for setting the record straight.
    All I hear is collective complaining..... from you, come to a mans sale thread and try to beat it down, all because you think it’s priced too high..... don’t like it, move on.

I ran across a thread where you were building stainless steel units?
    If you think this COT is priced high, wait till you get the price on one thats $600, you’ll beat Jerry down because it’s somehow owed to you.....
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    All I hear is collective complaining..... from you, come to a mans sale thread and try to beat it down, all because you think it’s priced too high..... don’t like it, move on.

If you think this COT is priced high, wait till you get the price on one thats $600, you’ll beat Jerry down because it’s somehow owed to you.....
    Jerry is probably sick of offering one off parts only to have members jump to "I want one" then go to "wait till I get paid" when they find out how much the item costs.

Quote Originally Posted by musclemerc View Post
    Jerry is probably sick of offering one off parts only to have members jump to "I want one" then go to "wait till I get paid" when they find out how much the item costs.
    Yep....this was the ultimate demise of all previous 'Group Buys'....

Back to the OP's COT Sale.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Quote Originally Posted by stevengerard View Post
    Boy this thread got derailed
    Yes, yes it did !!

With that I think that I’lll hang onto it.
    Thanks to those who understand the situation 🙂

'98 MGM LS...sold..................... .............................. ..'03 300A...sold 6/17

Well said, when I looked at for sale ads I handled questions thru pm’s

What it comes to in short is either “you” want it or don’t .. plain and simple.

'98 MGM LS...sold..................... .............................. ..'03 300A...sold 6/17

Quote Originally Posted by lji372 View Post
    A few questions in no particular order:
    Any pics of condition before it was stripped and/or after stripped and before powder coated?
    Also buyer may have an issue with o’ring areas because of the thickness of the powder coat in the grooves. It may have to get chipped out to fit into the heads (depending on how thick the powder coat is). Also, were the two pcs separated before powder coating?

Glws
    I'm sorry I don't have before pictures. I didn't think to take any as I was planning on putting it on my car at the time, but it was on mint condition.

I agree about cleaning out the o-ring grooves before install, before powder coating the tube was split in half which I didn't even know it was two individual parts put together.

All this talk about the COT makes me wonder how they originally filled these cars up with antifreeze. I'm guessing there is no way the factory went through the burping process we go through
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

Arrow

No, I'm not 'beating' anyone down - too obvious. You? Posturing because you're some sort of 'icon'(?) within the Marauder Community? Again, too obvious. The IT person controlling the board and manipulating my search privileges? Again, too obvious. The 4yo thread about the fabricated stainless COTs was interesting - the asking price at the time was $475. Have I failed to pay for anything in a timely manner? Not to your knowledge. Honest commentary about the price of spares goes a long way.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by larryo340 View Post
    Well said, when I looked at for sale ads I handled questions thru pm’s

What it comes to in short is either “you” want it or don’t .. plain and simple.
    Stop this non-sense. Did I not communicate with you through PMs? Thanks.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

As info, the $475 stainless crossovers are for eaton swapped supercharged cars. They don't fit stock motors.Jerry may decide to make stock crossovers and I'm sure will be similar or higher priced
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Stop this non-sense. Did I not communicate with you through PMs? Thanks.
    You did, and offered me substantially less than it was listed for. I gave you my best price that I would take. This is not a flea market or swap meet

No, I'm not 'beating' anyone down - too obvious. You? Posturing because you're some sort of 'icon'(?) within the Marauder Community? Again, too obvious. The IT person controlling the board and manipulating my search privileges? Again, too obvious. The 4yo thread about the fabricated stainless COTs was interesting - the asking price at the time was $475. Have I failed to pay for anything in a timely manner? Not to your knowledge. Honest commentary about the price of spares goes a long way.

1. You were berating the seller on his price in his F.S. ad.
    2. I am the black sheep of this board, no icon status.
    3. There is no "I.T." person, just owners.
    4. Jerry did a run 4 years ago, they are all gone, costs go up, next batch will be closer to $600, I wonder how I would know that?
    5. You haven't bought anything from me, so I don't know your manner in paying bills.
    6. The "honest commentary on prices", price is dictated by what the market will bare, but these comments are why the Marauders for sale section is moderated, too many people telling others how their cars were only worth what the commentator thought.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    As info, the $475 stainless crossovers are for eaton swapped supercharged cars. They don't fit stock motors.Jerry may decide to make stock crossovers and I'm sure will be similar or higher priced

And... he did some for the Trilogy cars as well, a whole new set of jigs would need to be made up to do them for a N/A car, since these were done as a break even kind of thing, I don't think there will be an advantage to produce them, because as we know, everyone wants them, till they get produced, then most of the buyers all fade away.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Those are some serious conspiracy theories your throwing out there Sir.

Any idea where Elvis is? Who killed 2Pac & Biggie?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information